Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.
I wound up bumping up to the hacker tier because the one setting that seemed good for this that didn't show up as a stretch goal is modern urban fantasy. So I will probably work on it myself. Little bit Daniel Faust, little bit Skin Game, little bit Leverage with wizards, demon mob bosses, etc, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.
My kickstarter expectations were set unreasonably high by Greg Stolze, before big kickstarters with tons of stretch goals were regularly a thing, where he'd normally start sending poo poo out the same day the funding cleared.

And then I pledged to Far West, oops.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

They're apparently going to add bookmarks/index after the final "Everyone has eyes on it to spot obvious errors/typos/problems" sweep. (Deadline for reporting weird mismatched stuff is 2/15, I believe.)

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

Opening a mission with 'So you're skydiving into the penthouse" seems pretty apt for a Blades heist opener.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

Evil Mastermind posted:

Have people been getting shipping notifications for the special edition, or is it just showing up?

They said they're not going to send out shipping notifications until all of them are fully shipped on the ninth, IIRC. Which seems dumb given people are -already getting them- but you know.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

And it was waiting for me when I got home today, so that was cool.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

I've been considering something similar but instead of 'monsters as Heist' it was just 'modern urban fantasy heists.' Like Leverage with elves.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

Slowly working on that Modern urban fantasy hack I've mentioned before, as at least now I've worked out crew types.

You've got your Haunters, who are ghost focused. Jobs like 'exorcise ghosts', run 'be a shame if ghosts happened to this nice building' rackets, and do the occasional 'call up aunt Mabel and find out where she hid the good silver' medium jobs.

You've got the Thirteenth floor guys, who specialize in breaking into liminal spaces and stealing poo poo from them. Your kids disappear into a fantasy world in your closet? They'll retrieve them. A second hand store on your street that only exists on alternate Tuesdays and you work those days? They'll break in and steal that cursed artifact you've had your eye on.

There's Monster Hunters, who are just what they sound like. Probably almost respectable except for the whole 'work for pay instead of for the general good' thing.

Crossroaders: These guys go after supernatural bargain-makers. Grift the devil? Sure. Get someone -out- of a deal with the devil? Also sure. gently caress the devil up with cold iron crowbars for going too far with evil genie tricks? That too.

Illusionists uniquely deal with the rest of the magic criminal underworld. They're specialized in covering up magical phenomenon and providing plausible explanations for events. Frame up jobs, making bodies go away, and flat out stealing dangerous poo poo and disposing of it.

Secret societies: (Basically just cults from the core, but with a veneer of "actually worshiping dark gods is for the desparate, we just want to accumulate temporal power with the -trappings- of cults and also running around in masks and cloaks is cool.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

Yes, actually:

https://twitter.com/EvilHatOfficial/status/1000756851095433217