Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
My Rhythmic Crotch
Jan 13, 2011

Frykte posted:

Before you fire the energy laser break the atmospheric pressure with a large metal rod like breaking the water with a cannonball before diving in.
FIRE SPACE DICK!

Firing space dick, sir.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Rhythmic Crotch
Jan 13, 2011

What's truly horrible is that as stupid as this sounds to anyone with like, two active braincells, there are groups getting funding to pursue this poo poo.

My Rhythmic Crotch
Jan 13, 2011

Frykte posted:

I dunno where you're getting your figures from but all my research papers (can't link them they're behind an extremely expensive pay wall that you can't afford) estimate that a single microwave power plant will cost approx. 28,000$ dollars and output 1,600MW. Again, this is out of date so I expect that the real cost will be lower by now.

How safe are they? In spider-man 2 the miniature sun they create gets out of control and I think Dr. Octopus has to sacrifice himself to stop it from growing and destroying the planet. Are fusion reactors more or less dangerous than nuclear? Would you say an out of control fusion reaction is more or less likely than the microwave energy tube breaking/bending?? Thanks.

loving lol you can't be serious

• Locked thread