Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grass Effect
Aug 10, 2014
if anyone wants online 200cc, there's this:

Bown posted:

Okay, here's the new room with unlimited races and no CPU:

Goons Go Fast 2.0
7214-9190-1275

haven't tried it myself yet, though. going for 3 stars across the board

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grass Effect
Aug 10, 2014

Mega64 posted:

Does the F-Zero trick of mashing A on turns help on 200cc?

hold Y to accelerate, and spam/hold B to brake while drifting to slow down so you don't go careening off the edge. once you've figured out how much you need to slow down for certain turns, you're golden

Grass Effect
Aug 10, 2014

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

Also excite bike was loving built with 200cc in mind

except for that ramp which appears before the turn sometimes, gently caress that ramp

Grass Effect
Aug 10, 2014
i've been playing in the nintendo tourney, it's pretty fun to be ahead of the curve at the moment

Grass Effect
Aug 10, 2014

As a Millennial I posted:

is there actually less traction in neo bowser city due to rain or do i just suck at it. i haven't even attempted it on 200cc yet.

it's not just you, rain traction sucks.

Grass Effect
Aug 10, 2014

qnqnx posted:

200cc SNES Rainbow Road

It's really fun, and good

Grass Effect
Aug 10, 2014

Red Suit posted:

what's the pro mlg build for 3 starring cups in 150

if you're really good, use max speed and minimum acceleration;
if you're not 100% confident in yourself then use good acceleration so you can recover from blunders easily

Grass Effect
Aug 10, 2014

seiferguy posted:

Yeah, 200cc really ups the challenge of the game. It's fantastic.
They need to make N64 Rainbow Road 3 laps though. It's over way too quickly and I can't appreciate the music in such a short timeframe.

or at least 2 laps. Now that Baby park is in with 7 laps, they have no excuse not to be discontinuous with the 3 laps/sections trend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grass Effect
Aug 10, 2014
patch notes for v4.1:
* Buffed Grass

• Locked thread