Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hepscat
Jan 16, 2005

Avenging Nun
I will be sad if Ben does sneak out somehow. He's got such a great rapport with Selena and some of the best one liners. "The last surviving Golden Girl! "

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

Fetus Tree posted:

It was lack of sleep + too much caffeine, don't read into it beyond that. Thats why the other guy was taking sleeping pills
Hahaha. She was on cocaine.....or she wasn't! Just kidding. She wasn't on coke.....or maybe! We're just going to let that hang.

Stay on your toes buddy, it's going to be like this the entire time you post.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Fetus Tree posted:

It was lack of sleep + too much caffeine, don't read into it beyond that. Thats why the other guy was taking sleeping pills

I thought that too, but her comments about not thinking about food at all are too on the nose hehe

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Zsinjeh posted:

Hahaha. She was on cocaine.....or she wasn't! Just kidding. She wasn't on coke.....or maybe! We're just going to let that hang.

Stay on your toes buddy, it's going to be like this the entire time you post.

He totally coulda gotten in there with Amy too but Dan's only loves are politics and himself. You'd feel sorry for him but it's Dan.

zealott
Mar 30, 2004
Best line for me was "Gary, man up. Or at least woman down a little."

This show kills, week on week.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Whatever happened to Selina's boyfriend, the guy that played the CEO on The Office?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Only saw the UK office but in any case Gary dumped him, I think. And the sex slave got fired.

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
What did I do to deserve this in a past life?
You probably pulled the trigger on Pearl Harbor.

Kleptobot
Nov 6, 2009
holy poo poo Hugh Laurie is the new veep?

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
What a great episode, though I'm shocked that the primaries are apparently over already. Shocked that so many original cast members are out of her office now too.

Cliff Racer fucked around with this message at 05:09 on May 11, 2015

Kleptobot
Nov 6, 2009
This is going to end with Hugh Laurie as POTUS and Selina back to VP, right?

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
Hugh Laurie looks completely different as Tom James. It took five minutes to register it was him.
And Amy's quitting was awesome - hopefully post POTUS life will be better for her than how it's going for Dan.

smooth jazz
May 13, 2010

Not sure how Amy will ever see the west wing again after thoroughly burning that bridge, even though she was absolutely right.

At least Selina got the message and 86'd Karen- hope we never see her again amirite?

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

smooth jazz posted:

At least Selina got the message and 86'd Karen- hope we never see her again amirite?

She's gotta come back somehow. She's gonna end up at Dan's office as "a close friend of the president" or on TV with a hot scoop about the firing of the departure of the president's campaign manager.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

smooth jazz posted:

Not sure how Amy will ever see the west wing again after thoroughly burning that bridge, even though she was absolutely right.

Maybe they're setting up a bigger version of the peek-ins they had with Doyle's office, with Dan, Jonah and Amy at the new Veep's office.

smooth jazz
May 13, 2010

Anya posted:

Hugh Laurie looks completely different as Tom James. It took five minutes to register it was him.

It took me three seasons to realise Amy was the girl from My Girl...

Super bummed that Patton Oswalt got the 'sack'.

"Milkers! Love it!".

I didn't get why Maddox didn't take the ticket, then cut to scence of him sadfaced sulking down the hallway.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Amy's blowup was so good.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
So Ben didn't get fired because he fell asleep when while she was firing him last episode?

Amy's meltdown was fantastic. This is what frustration looks like.

Kinda disappointed both Lennon Parham and Patton Oswalt seem to be gone already though.

How is Bill Erickson not her new campaign manager, I thought that's what he does?

Kleptobot posted:

This is going to end with Hugh Laurie as POTUS and Selina back to VP, right?

This would be kind of obvious but yeah, probably. Or maybe Pierce is gonna rise to power and end up as POTUS somehow because "you can make inept work". Who knows.

Also holy poo poo, HUGH LAURIE IS ON VEEP NOW I LOVE THIS SHOW

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 08:32 on May 11, 2015

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

#1 Milpitas Dave and Buster's superfan since 2013

Illinois Smith posted:

How is Bill Erickson not her new campaign manager, I thought that's what he does?

Sounds like a bad decision to me

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

tofes posted:

Sounds like a bad decision to me

You have to weigh the pros and cons.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Line of the season: "You are the worst thing that has happened to this country since food in buckets... and maybe slavery."

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
Oh my God I will genuinely die watching this show, every single line is so loving good.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Karen was driving me loving crazy. Glad she didn't stick around, Amy's blow-up was so appropriate.

Really excited to see Hugh Laurie show up! It's odd to see him play someone truly likeable.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Holy poo poo HUGH LAURIE :supaburn: :wooper: :dance: :neckbeard:

Also cracked the gently caress up at Chung pronouncing "hero-ism"

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name
Best lines for me:
"Sir, everything I have done was for you, and that goes double for fondling Jonah."
"Well you take as many of the fifteen minutes available as you need to make this decision."

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Terminally Bored posted:

Best lines for me:
"Sir, everything I have done was for you, and that goes double for fondling Jonah."
"Well you take as many of the fifteen minutes available as you need to make this decision."

The look on Selina's face when she learns Jonah was being molested.

It's not really a line but it landed better for me than anything else.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Followed by her going YAY BEN, WAY TO WORK THAT SEXUAL ABUSE

Sakarja
Oct 19, 2003

"Our masters have not heard the people's voice for generations and it is much, much louder than they care to remember."

Capitalism is the problem. Anarchism is the answer. Join an anarchist union today!
Catherine is always the highlight of any episode she's in. Her constant, barely suppressed despair is the funniest thing ever.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Sakarja posted:

Catherine is always the highlight of any episode she's in. Her constant, barely suppressed despair is the funniest thing ever.

Are we supposed to think her fiancee is actually gay? They were as awkward as possible in their interactions.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

pentyne posted:

Are we supposed to think her fiancee is actually gay? They were as awkward as possible in their interactions.

I didn't really pick up on that. I assumed they were awkward because Catherine's awkward and their situation makes it all the more difficult.

Sakarja
Oct 19, 2003

"Our masters have not heard the people's voice for generations and it is much, much louder than they care to remember."

Capitalism is the problem. Anarchism is the answer. Join an anarchist union today!
For some reason his face always reminds me of this scene from the Simpsons:

Joose Caboose
Apr 17, 2013
"I wish I was that man on death row"
"Apparently he's vomiting black bile"

Kneecaps
Mar 22, 2003

We're not playing paddy cake here!
Soiled Meat

Sakarja posted:

I like that despite all the misery, she nails every public appearance.

Smashurbanipal
Sep 12, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT BEING A SHITTY POSTER
This show just makes me so happy. We're missing the Amy/Mike/Dan interactions that were so great though. That unholy trinity really nailed it from the first episode.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Maybe Mike will be the next one to go.

Kanish
Jun 17, 2004

smooth jazz posted:

I didn't get why Maddox didn't take the ticket, then cut to scence of him sadfaced sulking down the hallway.

Selena was going to offer it to him, but in that short conversaition realized he is insufferable and didn't. It's actually well acted when you see Selena's body language change as she makes the decision in her head.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Karen has to come back so they can find a way to have her interact with Jessica St. Clair's character somehow.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Maddox told her that people think she's incompetent ("doesn't know how to get things done"). He's sadface-walking down the hallway because he knows he hosed up his interview for the VP spot.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Joose Caboose posted:

"I wish I was that man on death row"
"Apparently he's vomiting black bile"

The total lack of any fucks given about a man slowly and I can only imagine rather painfully dying was hilarious and depressing at the same time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Kneecaps posted:

I like that despite all the misery, she nails every public appearance.

Catherine? Everything they show makes her come across as terrible, this season at least. The interactions between her and those children a few episodes ago was just painful to watch.

• Locked thread