Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
I guess we could all eat pussy all day long, too, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

I paused it while they were talking and turned to my girlfriend and asked don't they all look like him or am I crazy? They all had that same sort of hair style and looked tall. She said maybe and we kept watching and then the revelation came and it was no less great.

Its kismet that two people with the same degenerative eye condition found each other and fell in love.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Vanderdeath posted:

I'm just glad you're being sarcastic because I've seen honest-to-god "the war on drugs is justified" poo poo on the forums before. :smith:

Its totally justified given the societal toll widespread drug use has on a culture.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Cingulate posted:

... such as all the incarcerated young black men.

Your point being..?

Drugs are bad. Widespread, unregulated drug use is bad. As a society, we can address drugs in two ways. We can either 1) do something to prevent drug use from eroding our society or we can 2) turn a blind eye to it. We've chosen to do something about it because we care about maintaining a safe, productive and healthy society. You may think the world would be a better place if violent drug dealers were allowed to roam the streets, but you're dead wrong.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
http://www.bbc.com/news/health-25961063

"I want this, but more" is basically why no one takes pro-drug arguments seriously. Alcohol being bad is not an invitation to exacerbate the situation by legalizing more drugs.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Brigadier Sockface posted:

Does anyone else think that they're building up Hugh Laurie to take over as the titular character?

You mean the guy who's running for, and will probably become, Vice President on the television show Veep? The very same television show that hasn't had a titular character since the former Veep became PotUS? That guy on that show, really?

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

precision posted:

All the new showrunner has to do is "not gently caress it up". As I said before, with the way everyone's personalities and rivalries are, the actual dialogue pretty much writes itself. Just keep the plot in decent territory and it'll be fine.

Iannuci is a hack if he's been taking credit for such an easy, effortless show for so many years. gently caress, why even write anything at all. Just lock the actors in a room and yell "ACT!" at them and the words will magically flow from their mouths.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Illinois Smith posted:

haha it's an even bigger clusterfuck than I had assumed after watching the episode.

Don't worry, there will never be an electoral tie because there will always be one douchebag in the college who votes the wrong way to get in the history books.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Someone painted Sue's eyebrows on waaaaay too high.

• Locked thread