Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Fetus Tree posted:

B99 is awesome tho?

It's fun, but Veep (and Silicon Valley) are some next level poo poo. I'm constantly impressed by the jokes, characters, and plot that these shows manage to cram into each episode. Not to mention satire and commentary, which aren't necessarily the focus but make up another enjoyable layer of these shows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I think that was supposed to be about Bored to Death, which I now discovered is a show that's literally called that, and not a description of one.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Only saw the UK office but in any case Gary dumped him, I think. And the sex slave got fired.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah he's cool, he just needs to be more careful about what he says in public.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Does she though? The impression I got was that she was having a blast filming Veep and didn't want to bail on it.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Well the other side of that theory is junk too though I recall Hugh Laurie explicitly not wanting to move to US to film anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Holy poo poo, I thought I had a pretty decent understanding of the American electoral system so the moment they started explaining it I was "oh yeah that's probably totally how it works" but seeing it explained in the CGP video still blew my mind in its awfulness. Goddamn.

Anyway, this was a great finale for a pretty good season of Veep. I'd say 2 was my favorite overall but there aren't really huge gaps in quality between them so this is almost as good. It's really amazing how this show manages to cram so many amazing lines while still keeping the characters realistic and emotional.

• Locked thread