Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Sundays at 10:30PM on HBO

Wikipedia posted:

Veep is an HBO television comedy series, starring Julia Louis-Dreyfus, set in the office of Selina Meyer, a fictional Vice President, and subsequent President, of the United States. The series is a spin-off set in the same universe as The Thick of It also created by Armando Iannucci. He also created the Academy Award-nominated film In the Loop (2009), which starred several Veep cast members alongside several Thick of It cast members.

Also starring Anna Chlumsky, Tony Hale, Matt Walsh, Gary Cole, Reid Scott, Timothy Simons, Kevin Dunn and Sufe Bradshaw. You know the deal, zillions of awards and accolades, all deserved. Political satire.

This will be Armando Iannucci's (The Thick of it, I'm Alan Partrdige, In The Loop) last season as showrunner. :( He will be replaced by David Mandel of Curb Your Enthusiasm fame for the already confirmed fifth season of Veep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

For the record, I'm totally fine if the rest of this thread is just quotes.

So you like having sex and you like to travel?

Well then you can ~gently caress off~

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

xbilkis posted:

"I think some guy hosed a monkey" is the hardest I've laughed at a punchline in a while
I knew it was coming and I still laughed. Mike had the best lines. Also Sam Richardson is consistently one of the funniest people on the show.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

The VP reading the speech and trying to make it seem like it wasn't from the perspective of a woman was absolute gold.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Richard and Jonah are the best duo.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

[Intruder in the White House]

Kent: :geno: "I had not anticipated this. This I had not anticipated."

Ben: "Well that sounds like the world's worst Dr. Seuss book."

I also loved Selena's head peeking out from behind a wall of Secret Service guys and her saying she thinks she should have a gun.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

What a thread for this derail.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

The Thick of It and In The Loop are fine to post about in here, who gives a poo poo. They're all practically the same thing anyway.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Yeah, I've haven't had that impression at all. Never felt like Laurie was being built up as the next main character or that JLD wanted to leave the show, pretty much the exact opposite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Veep just won emmies for best comedy series, best comedy writing, best supporting comedy actor (Tony Hale) and best lead comedy actress (JLD). This is her what? Fourth in a row? Well deserved.

• Locked thread