Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Combed Thunderclap posted:

I actually dropped Veep somewhere mid-way through the second season because it was just too realistic and painful to watch

The Thick Of It had multiple episodes in a row towards the end of its run where things were happening, including the Tory-Lib coalition government rolling out totally preposterous policy initiatives, which would then happen in actual real life literally the week after the episode aired. It was the funniest and worst thing at the same time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

The difference is that in the US system the various 'ministers' (secretaries) do not have as much of a press footprint, with the exception of the SecState and SecDef maybe. So when the white house decides on a line to take with the press the main job of the press sec. is to communicate said line directly to the press and make that rather than something else the focus. Whereas in the British system the ministers are all seen as more important and a bit more independent so when a line is decided on angry Scotsmen are dispatched to keep the ministers in said line with violent sexual imagery.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Zsinjeh posted:

Hahaha. She was on cocaine.....or she wasn't! Just kidding. She wasn't on coke.....or maybe! We're just going to let that hang.

Stay on your toes buddy, it's going to be like this the entire time you post.

He totally coulda gotten in there with Amy too but Dan's only loves are politics and himself. You'd feel sorry for him but it's Dan.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Joose Caboose posted:

"I wish I was that man on death row"
"Apparently he's vomiting black bile"

The total lack of any fucks given about a man slowly and I can only imagine rather painfully dying was hilarious and depressing at the same time.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Dattserberg posted:

I could have used a nice "Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit" as he walked down the hall.

There was an implied "sheeeeeeeeit". It was funnier this way.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Stare-Out posted:

Richard and Jonah are the best duo.

Uhhh, care for them?

ultramiraculous posted:

Edit: And I mean in addition to that whole "green shoes" thing. He's an older, unmarried congressman who calls a guy named "Nick" to briefly kvetch the moment he's bored on the campaign trail. Inevitably almost everyone, minus Gary, already knows.

It's good politics; an entire ticket not interested in loving women.

Also everyone please stop calling Hugh Laurie House. He was good in that sure, but the man has a long, long history as a very talented comedy actor. Seriously, if you haven't seen Blackadder or A Bit of Fry & Laurie then 1. shame and 2. go do that.

Orange Devil fucked around with this message at 08:24 on May 20, 2015

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Fetus Tree posted:

I have a better idea. I call him whatever I want, and you can either continue to whine about it like a baby or disregard it like a reasonable person.

Option one is so tempting.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

His reaction was solid gold. For all the poo poo Jonah gets he actually figured out what was going on, including him being Teddy's type, pretty drat fast and just noped right on out of there.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Fetus Tree posted:

Jonah's assistant is so hilarious

I didn't like him much when he first showed up but the actor is really doing a lot with that role.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Illinois Smith posted:

gently caress yeah, they're really doing the TTOI Inquiry episode next week! And then the week after that is the election finale. I'm ridiculously excited.

Would now be a good time to mention that for the TTOI Inquiry episode the actors were just given general background information their characters would be aware of and general directions for where the scene was supposed to end up and then told to improvise the entire rest of the actual inquiry bits?

Because that happened. And it was loving glorious.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

mr.capps posted:

Wait seriously? Glenn's testimony is my favorite part of that show, and I can't imagine it being improvised.

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2012-10-19/the-thick-of-it-cast-given-no-chance-to-prepare-for-goolding-inquiry

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Illinois Smith posted:

All I know is that if t rhey 're going with the same improvisational format next week, Matt Walsh is gonna own that episode.

If they do I'm expecting great things from Chlumsky.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Narcissus1916 posted:

Once I get caught up with Veep, I'll probably take a crack at The Thick of It again - where should I fit In the Loop in my viewing order?

I watched the first series a few years ago, but didn't keep up with it.

Watch In the Loop after you've watched The Thick of It in its entirety and whenever you are in the mood to enjoy both fine comedy and possibly the most depressing commentary on the invasion of Iraq ever put to film.

Orange Devil fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Jun 3, 2015

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Sakarja posted:

Also, Dan Egan is a... solid five-and-a-half, weak six.

Amy's look when this went down was amazing. Also later when Jonah was into some spiel and she could barely contain her laughter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Small White Dragon posted:

The best part about an electoral tie scenario, as described in that video, is that you could get a president and VP from different parties.

Imagine how hosed Selena would be then.

I think 2 things would happen if this would occur in real life:

1. The VP would get to do not a goddamn thing ever.

2. If the VP is Republican and POTUS a Democrat some right wing nut would attempt to assassinate the president every week.

• Locked thread