Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Just caught up with this. I thought the season started off well but got a little weak towards the end. Erickson does nothing, Karen does nothing, and there's too much of Jonah. He works better as an unavoidable punchline, but he and sidekick get so much screentime his baffling fuckupitude becomes less shocking and amusing.

I didn't care for that testimony episode. The characters came across as way more caricaturized than usual. The interviewers were so unprofessionally snarky (during depositions, especially) that it ruins the suspension of disbelief. I don't think they even needed the deposition parts; it feels contrived just so they can say "Hey, somebody in the other room just said this, what d'ya have to say about that ha gotcha".

It'd be kind to avoid the TTOI comparison but there's no avoiding it when the two episodes are structurally identical. I think they would have benefited from a longer episode (more time for characters to wear down before buckling) and a more significant character to scapegoat.

The season on the whole is still solid, though it's defo not as strong as the past three seasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread