Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Karen has to come back so they can find a way to have her interact with Jessica St. Clair's character somehow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Crazy Amy is the best Amy

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Velisarius posted:

I dislike the fact that the characters are splitting up more into groups and spending time away from each other. The previous seasons were amazing due to the greater amount of interaction.

The Thick of It did the same trick and managed to pull it off, so I am not too worried. But the groups in that seem to effect each other more even when not doing direct interactions, so dunno.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Selina is quickly finding James insufferable is hilarious. Interesting that his PR gamble actually hosed up her ability to govern, I wonder if he's going to wind up being just as incompetent as everyone else, simply more charming.

I hope they go the opposite direction and have him be the most competent person on the show. That way we could have House be playing a charming nice version of Malcom Tucker.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Sorry I meant no disrespect to House.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Orange Devil posted:

I didn't like him much when he first showed up but the actor is really doing a lot with that role.

He felt too cartoony at first but it somehow has looped back around so it makes him seem more real.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

sbaldrick posted:

Or maybe they can change the cast to follow Tom James around as the Veep.

I'm thinking this. The Thick of It had the switch from Hugh to Nicola, and I get the feeling Tom might be set up to be in the Nicola position, but much much more competent than she ever was, but unlike Hugh they are going to keep Selina around.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I don't want Tom to turn out to be bad because I like his politics :(

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Air is lava! posted:

Legalizing pot is alright. But does anyone actually argue that crystal meth should be legal?

Yes.

Good talk.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Irish Joe is basically the Taint Reaper of TVIV

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Orange Devil posted:

Would now be a good time to mention that for the TTOI Inquiry episode the actors were just given general background information their characters would be aware of and general directions for where the scene was supposed to end up and then told to improvise the entire rest of the actual inquiry bits?

Because that happened. And it was loving glorious.

Wait seriously? Glenn's testimony is my favorite part of that show, and I can't imagine it being improvised.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Is there some sort of dumb name for the The Thick of It/In the Loop/Veep universe yet?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
that is funny because i call you "poster for another thread" - that thread is in a/t and you are the op and the title is "ask me about being a bad forums poster"!!!!!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
God I was terrified for Gary. Also poor, poor Catherine .

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I am a bit confuse why people here and elsewhere didn't thought this episode was funny, sure there weren't as many good "lines" as usual but there were a ton of great and funny character moments.

Amy's dress was hilarious.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I mean I feel like the "Wicker Dan" is good enough to make up for the typical amount we get.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Yeah, it just means his presence bothers clouds.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Irish Joe'd again!

That doesn't work as well as taint reaped, doesn't it?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
No he doesn't.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Jonah loves ballons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

pentyne posted:

Selina breaking down and rushing into Amy's arms was touching and hilariously awkward at the same time.

one thing I like about this show is that even though the people on veep are even more broken and arguably a bit worse than those on the TTOI, more of the characters here do actually kinda like each other and care for one another.

• Locked thread