Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Orange Devil posted:

angry Scotsmen are dispatched to keep the ministers in said line with violent sexual imagery.

This brings back memories of the episode where they show the PM's office and it's just dozens of pissed-off Malcolm Tuckers swearing into their phones about loving people so hard that their dicks would wear the guy's appendix as a hat :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer
"I feel like I'm on a life support machine and they keep pulling the plug to charge their phones"

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer
That honestly sounds like a quote sourced from an actual career politician.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

smooth jazz posted:

At least Selina got the message and 86'd Karen- hope we never see her again amirite?

She's gotta come back somehow. She's gonna end up at Dan's office as "a close friend of the president" or on TV with a hot scoop about the firing of the departure of the president's campaign manager.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

tofes posted:

Sounds like a bad decision to me

You have to weigh the pros and cons.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Orange Devil posted:

The total lack of any fucks given about a man slowly and I can only imagine rather painfully dying was hilarious and depressing at the same time.

It really makes me miss the Mr Tickle storyline in the last season of The Thick of It. Maybe joking about death row inmates will come out if/when this dead baby hacking thing blows up into an impeachment hearing or something.

Not 100% sure it fits Veep's style, but man was it good last time.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer
"Amy, do you want his parking space and his desk?"

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Selina is quickly finding James insufferable is hilarious. Interesting that his PR gamble actually hosed up her ability to govern, I wonder if he's going to wind up being just as incompetent as everyone else, simply more charming.

The fact that the "sexual tension" Selina was worried about with Tom was completely non-existent was kinda hilarious. I'm also getting the vague sense that they're angling toward Tom being gay, which would probably cause Selina's narcissism to blow up in her face hilariously.

Edit: And I mean in addition to that whole "green shoes" thing. He's an older, unmarried congressman who calls a guy named "Nick" to briefly kvetch the moment he's bored on the campaign trail. Inevitably almost everyone, minus Gary, already knows.

ultramiraculous fucked around with this message at 23:20 on May 18, 2015

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

sbaldrick posted:

His wife and kids moved back to the UK because they hated it here, so he won't do a full time US show again.

What does "full-time" mean in this context? It seems like 10 episodes of a half-hour HBO comedy isn't even close to doing 22 hour-long episodes of network TV. I could see him being POTUS/VP going forward, assuming his limited role means a comfortable shooting schedule. In general, it's not exactly like Hugh Laurie or Julia Louis-Dreyfus really need the money anyway.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Cliff Racer posted:

I think that the show has moved to be too much of a drama and not enough of a comedy. Making Selena president and then keeping her there was a mistake.

Yeah, I think the "what would happen if Selena was actually president" pool turned out to be a little shallow. Season 3 was a peak because they got to set up situations like the Silicon Valley visit.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

precision posted:

The only good one was That's My Bush, which I still miss. :(

e: the animated Bush comedy sucked too

I forgot that Comedy Central got not one, but two(!), shows based on George Bush. Oh Bush era...

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Illinois Smith posted:

gently caress yeah, they're really doing the TTOI Inquiry episode next week! And then the week after that is the election finale. I'm ridiculously excited.

Yup!

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Dancing Peasant posted:

After seeing the preview for the next episode, I re-watched the Inquiry episode of TTOI. I was a bit weary remembering the facts besides Mr. Tick-el dying in the previous episode, but as soon as I saw Pearson corporate-bullshit-speek his way into the inquiry itself I couldn't help but remember why I thought TTOI was amazing.

edit: http://youtu.be/nmE9Bc3F9Ss

Definitely looking forward to Sunday now.

Human router by day, husband/lover/carpenter/flutist by night.

Orange Devil posted:

Watch In the Loop after you've watched The Thick of It in its entirety and whenever you are in the mood to enjoy both fine comedy and possibly the most depressing commentary on the invasion of Iraq ever put to film.

"Climb the mountain of conflict" with Nazi Julie Andrews.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJpQk6YAw1s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Pron on VHS posted:

I wish they'd write out Erickson, his character sucks and doesn't do anything funny or interesting. I don't even really understand what he's doing as part of the team.

He's apparently scapegoating hard for the administration, so you might get your wish!

• Locked thread