Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
Wildstar players seem to be getting very annoyed with the retail box being turned into a lockbox, solely because Carbine is exploiting the desire to gamble like literally every other big name f2p game out there.

Wildstar is the best, ty carbine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

FrostyPox posted:

I'm surprised this game hasn't gone F2P/got shut down already, but I'm with the "will play when it goes F2P to drink pubbie tears" crowd.

Man, there's been multiple threads that do nothing except talk about how lovely this game is and yet people constantly post this to fool themselves into thinking they don't just wanna play a bad game. Man up and admit you want to play bad game, or have some self respect for your free time and spend the 15 bucks it takes to get a game on sale on Steam or sub to one of the like, two MMOs that aren't dying right now.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

people liked vanilla wow because of *checks off reasons why mc40 was poo poo then, and why it's even worse now, ironically because of improvements to game since then*

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

I never got the appeal of player housing. Hell, wow's take on it is killing their game. Guild housing is cool, though.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Mizuti posted:

People have been demanding classic World of Warcraft servers since the game moved on from classic to Burning Crusade. I wonder how many people would actually play officially sanctioned classic servers all the way through to the hard and grindy content.

My guess is a tiny number, since it's such a inaccessible, dated, and niche product. But enough about Wildstar... :rimshot:

At the very least it would show off if people only play private vanilla/TBC/wotlk servers because they're free or what. I have to imagine it would be more popular than as just a niche product, but Blizzard has been saying no for ten years now.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

SarutosZero posted:

Can't wait for goons to start claiming the game is suddenly good

"But I dont have to pay money to pay this steaming pile of poo poo what's the big deal??????"

lmao

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

i wonder how many wildstar comics exist like this one

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

cthulhoo posted:

every piece of media i ever see of this game only reinforces my opinion of it looking like poo poo

wtf is this

a wildly successful mmorpg. the wow killer that finally buried blizzard entertainment. the mmo to end all mmos. the last successful subscription based video game. a revolutionary title that did everything right and corrected all the mistakes of past games. a good looking game with great art direction and a fantastic world with fanciful assets.

these are all things wildstar is not

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

trust me guys... wildstar is poo poo, but the housing is awesome. and it looks really good.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Sjonkel posted:

Didn't people say the same thing i Mists? The last patch lasted for over a year if I remember right.

Why is WoD so bad anyway? I stopped a few months before it came out, but a lot of the ideas sounded good and people seemed to look forward to it.

garrisons suck, it has the highest price tag and the lowest amount of content of any expansion to date.

hell if you want to count content that was supposed to be in at launch, hellfire citadel is the only 'new' content that wasn't supposed to be in 6.0.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Tenzarin posted:

What games content has not become obsolete after an expansion?

FF14 requires you to complete all of the main storyline quests before you can go to the expansion and do any of the new expansion stuff. Plus they intentionally designed all of the game's group content around having level sync, and most of the quest lines for the relic weapon involve sending people to just grind outdated content for the benefit of newbies. Thankfully the reward is mostly cosmetic since being good at the game can get you an equivalent weapon from killing the hardest bosses.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Tenzarin posted:

You can grind any daily old reputation in WoW also while playing the newest expansion, all the gear is obsolete too.

I'm not sure how outdated dailies that give random old garbage is equivalent to outdated dailies giving equivalents to end game gear

there's also several max level queues that have various mixes of 2.0, leveling, and max level content, that all reward max level end-game gear and currencies.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Realistically anyone who cares enough to cause drama about raid loot would never make it into one of the two end game raid guilds, and nobody else is still subbed to raid wod anymore, so they can throw tantrums about the loot their followers give them while they wait for 7.0 all they want

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

how's the new archon/vyr's? trying to last minute decide between wizard, demon hunter, and witch doctor. the broken lag on the wd set is also weighing on my decision

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

YoshiOfYellow posted:

This thread isn't fun anymore can we go back to making fun of Wildstar Anime Catgirl Waifu Sim.

ah, you want the 14 thread

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Thirsty Dog posted:

Plus the screenshots don't show how vastly different they are animation wise, particularly when they're running. If Tauren still had plains running maybe...

pretty much. i still think it's hilarious they spent hundreds if not thousands of man hours and resources updating models but ultimately all they did is re-skin the skeletons so animations are still wonky and dated and you don't really notice anything... aside from the shock that your character maybe moves their legs slightly different in a surprisingly ugly and noticeable way. it reminds me of like, an n64 emulator running hd textures in ocarina of time vs the actual remake they did on 3ds where they did more than just dump in hd texture files, and actually updated models, animations, etc.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

RottenK posted:

asura are neat but suffer from the problem of not being able to see your gear well in a game where playing pretty princess is the whole point

they do however benefit from having very exact looking hitboxes in a game with a bunch of jumping puzzles

doing the halloween jumping event on a norn made me legit Mad At Video Games very quickly. i cleared it within minutes of getting on an asura

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

RottenK posted:

i feel like skyforge is an example of where the genre is eventually going

the genre is going into the loving grave

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

engagement would be fine if the leveling process isnt some weeks long affair

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

14 still has the right idea with turning crafting into a minigame, even if the implementation falls flat

like if you had to get a high score in bejeweled or some poo poo to get a high quality item, and you had to play a round of bubble bobble to determine how much ore you got from a node, we'd be on track to creating World's Best MMO

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

SirPhoebos posted:

I'm quietly impressed that the goon-run EVE group has managed to stay together, seeing that almost every other goon project flies apart faster than you could say 'Zybourne Clock'

mostly because it's primarily held together by pubbies and momentum

hell they renamed clusterfuck alliance to something extremely dumb like The Alliance or The Empire or something and mittani mostly just uses it to sell out to his latest new friends on kickstarter. even non-active cfc members got some big email a few months back that was just straight up an ad to go play h1z1 or some other lovely zombie game.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Shadowlyger posted:

chance I imagine
Whatever presumably Probably
Hell if I know
I guess

All fairly obvious answers, really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

there must be a god if he would let everyone enjoy mocking wildstar's launch, twice, in the same timeline.

• Locked thread