Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
I tried Tera waaaay back in the day with a friend and the game made the mistake of showing me a cool fight at the start and then tossing me into village town berg when all I wanted to do was go back out and start slicing things again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
I want a quest that tells me to farm mobs in a certain zone for two hours and it only ticks down while I'm standing in it, and if I leave the zone it resets, and there are enemies that push me out of the zone, and the enemies are worth zero xp, and your progress bar resets if you don't kill one every minute

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
I'll make innovative quests in MMO gameing if it kills me..

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

Byolante posted:

In WoW, which is a terrible game for its own reasons, you don't need to:

-go to a specific spot, call a helper with a horrible clunky menu to access your bank/auction house/sold items
-Find somebody or make your own special items then find someone with the right professions to do cosmetic skins on items
-Complete the chain to open highmaul to enter blackrock foundry (or even complete a chain to enter a raid)

WoW has a realtime action heartbeat so if you aren't standing in an aoe when it goes off you don't get hit by it, not have to be out of it before the most recent heartbeat refresh.

Putting gems in your gear doesn't have a random chance to fail, taking a weeks worth of gil with it when it gets deleted.

You can craft from your bank, which has a dedicated materials tab.

Not even wildstar locks you out of player housing if you weren't there when the first rush happened.

There is good reasons to play ff14, they release new good content regularly and the encounters are well designed by mmo standards and all the classes are fun, there is just a gently caress tun of clunky unfun bullshit which gets glossed over by the people who have a burning love for it.

I will say that not having a more definite breadcrumb trail leading thru dungeons in BC is what contributed to be quitting WoW after experimenting with it again between ffxiv patches. I played vanilla up to naxx but had quit ever since. When I got back it just felt like everything was wildly disconnected and I had no clear path through the content and everyone dungeon finder I did was full of demigods beating every boss in ten hits.

If I wanted to I could have just hit the dungeon finder every day and leveled up to try the challenging current level raids but it just didn't pull me in.

So while it can feel annoying to have dungeons gated behind story content I think it might be an advantage later on especially if they keep the ilvl sync

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

Attractive people are quirky. uggos , fattos, midnight jellies, and ditch dragons are ugly

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
Boobytrap lovebite ;)

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

Eye of Widesauron posted:

Tfw you kill the Fear with poison food

*looks at pair of expired ham and cheese hot pockets*

The fear..!!!! the fear!!!!

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
wild star raids seem pretty simple mechanically. Of the vids posted here nothing seems batshit insane. Most of the problems seem to stem from severe over tuning. Where raids weren't flat out impossible they were tuned to exhaust everyone but the most stubborn raid groups.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

AlmightyBob posted:

I got the urge to reinstall WoW last week and withing about 15 minutes I remembered why I quit in 2010.

for the poo poo it rightfully gets I really appreciated ffxiv's strict content gating when I went back to wow for a few weeks last year. everything felt so disconnected and floaty and I couldn't even bread crumb if I tried.

in a perfect world all content would be available to you at the appropriate level, but it would be designed around a single linear experience you could easily follow along with if you wanted to.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

Byolante posted:

Yes I prefer being forced through literal last expansions content as a gating mechanism to the expansion I bought too. Great idea!

Another great idea is reading what I actually wrote

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
nerds clenching their butt cheeks in annoyance at the most milquetoast statement it is possible to craft about a genre of lovely video games and then ascribing opinions to it

close this gay thread until something actually funny happens again in wild star

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

lmao please explain to me what i am ""deflecting"" you sad brained twerp

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

also I feel like maybe you should consider not playing mmos if the result is you posting this angrily

feel free to share your thoughts, this is a safe place

*pulls out notebook entitled : diaries of a fail retard, skims thru the pages, makes the Jeff goldblum oh uhm ahhh noise*

Seems I've been owned

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

just like life, you found a way to be owned

haha nice I get the ref

from one 90s kid to another maybe you're not such a fail brained sack of poo poo after all, since you know the good dinosaur movie :cheers:

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
see you all in the revival thread, where sexuality's not illegal

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
good work team, glad we could obsessively mock a game for over a year and then be the first ones in to the f2p

for the mother fwiggin lulz :D :D

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
has cyster ever spoken out about the infamous winning dot gif and if not, will she??

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
*in town square* freaking..lmao haha can't believe these pubbies...nice game, cupcake!!

now then, time to spend real money on the goon guild for mother bitching epic mmo people watching

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
Op please close this thread so people can make a new one with links to the goon offsite and mumble info

• Locked thread