Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

sword_man.gif posted:

the mystery is who the gently caress is still playing wildstar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

sword_man.gif posted:

for a fun activity read this thread here and then remind yourself to never ever ever ever get into an mmo solely because it was goon suggested

fun fact: that guy in the thread you linked is the one that tried to sneak bobfromarketing back into the archeage guild and was openly sitting with BFM and some other goons in the IRC channel before BFM got permad

the more you kno

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
ahahaha

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
glassdoor is a good resource

i feel like for the next MMO that comes out we should look at glassdoor

if they have no reviews for their company, the game is going is to be janky and broken and the company will have no idea how to run an MMO

if they do, read them, because they are the canary in the coalmine

example:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
you can always tell which complaints are valid and which aren't tho

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

sword_man.gif posted:

there was a picture on their facebook and they couldn't even be bothered to put like wildstar stickers on the bags, just the plain-rear end bags that are like ten for a buck

this makes me legitimately happy

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Byolante posted:

Telling people you got a friends and family invite to the beta was a sackable offence for the person at carbine who gave you the key. Even beta codes are hardcore in wildstar

jesus christ

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Rough Lobster posted:

Just started a free trial of this. Pretty fun so far. When does it get not fun?
I'm sorry

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Isn't taking a runny dump on the players the design philosophy of a hardcore raiding mmo?

I like that these exist because I like hardcore PvP MMOs and this/mobas actually manage to be worse

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

dominoeffect posted:

blizzard wasn't hardcore enough for them

1: what if we made this game so hardcore that if one of you refers a player and he talks about it then you get fired

2: good poo poo dude, that wraps up the planning phase

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Verranicus posted:

The Wildstar thread! You were missed, old friend.

EDIT: I love that in this thread (https://forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/index.php?/topic/124755-wildstar-retails-dissappearing/) there are people saying poo poo like "as soon as ESO went B2P I quit." Are they full of poo poo or do people actually do this? If you're enjoying the game why would the payment model matter?

EDITEDIT: And I just saw the Olivar post in that thread. He even broke character in it. It's like Christmas.

you cant have filthy poors playing with you

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Avynte posted:

I play mmos to do something while I drink. :shepicide:

i drink to do something while i play mmos

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Pesterchum posted:

Here's the other relevant screenshot.

lmao imagine how bad the holiday parties and poo poo are at Carbine with people like this

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

SarutosZero posted:

Housing will definitely be the first thing they hide behind a PREMIUM account. More decorations and housing upgrades will definitely be mega cash shop stuff.

i bet they make it so you have to be premium to attune or some dumb poo poo too lol

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
that was the weirdest thing to me

Wildstar seemed like the perfect game to make you feel like a badass

The non boss stuff should be you clowning on mobs and doing cool stuff

instead you just used all those moves with cool AOE ranges and stuff to just fight like one or two mobs that would kick your rear end, so they might as well not even have interesting moves or an action focus combat system

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
PvE people are the only people who like quality of life improvements

hardcore Raiding and hardcore PvP grognards actively think anything that isn't from the 90s or early 2000s is carebear

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Bauxite posted:

It was putting your nuts in a vice and paying 15 dollars a month and 100+ hours for the privilege.

this is extremely my poo poo

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
if you die in the game a dev drives to your house and punches you in the face

also, you lose XP the longer you are logged out

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
honestly I cant wait for real VR with realistic haptic feedback

because these devs will make an MMO where you strap yourself in and whenever you die they charge you $50 and then make the suit beat the poo poo out of you

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I do make fun because I was never a hardcore raiding nerd, but I am a hardcore PvP nerd. I do try to realize that when I make fun of Wildstar

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i would play just to support that dangerously insane and stupid idea if it happened

just because it would be hilarious

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
id also talk about how the subs were pay to win while doing the raids

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Rhymenoserous posted:

I think the anniversary MC raid put this nonsense to bed. Even people who were heroic/mythic raiders/even old MC raiders were talking about how it was just a miserable experience.

I didnt take part, so Im glad to hear this

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
jesus christ

i didnt even know

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
imagine instead rather than requiring those things that you were just like "oh yea for each of those things you do you can get some really cool skin or cosmetic or something"

it would provide an even better incentive than "in order to play the 'real content' you have to do this other dumb poo poo you arent as interested in"

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
wow

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

sword_man.gif posted:

because the internet is incredible at forming tiny groups of people who do nothing but assuage each other constantly see: this very forum's wildstar threads

also furries

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Verranicus posted:

Where did the bad game touch you that you're so butthurt over it?

It is dumb though

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Is wildstar f2l going to be lovely dumb 40 man raids still or did they realize how lovely it is

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
How many players in a dungeon now

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Lmao

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

It's probably going to be the same premise, unless ncsoft went behind everyone's backs and fired literally all of the lead developers and replaced them so there was no trace of grog left.

Also did I miss the window to play smite, I downloaded it and did the tutorial and it's p cool but stanley is never playing it when I'm on

Let me know and we'll play tomorrow

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
But for real are they gonna be like 5 man groups or what

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Screeching hyperbole? I just find it hilarious that moving to the side occasionally is apparently a "complexity for complexity's sake". Please tell me more about how much trouble that is. :allears:

I'll agree with other points though, Dragoon's random positional is stupid as hell and Wanderer's Minuet was a playstyle change that people didn't want or expect.

Lol

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
pretty funny thread lol

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
hows the game looking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe