Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Thunderbro posted:

nothing wrong with big oily thighs, literally the exact opposite of pedo bait!

also do korean women really have such a large fascination with being uncanny valley jailbait? or is that just the flimsy excuse to go ham on jailbait? at least it's not as bad as scarlet blade.

Uncanniest valley

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer
This is something to be very proud of. Out of the huge pool of people that don't play Wildstar they picked you.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Libluini posted:

I know I just signed up for the closed F2P-beta

hosed up if true

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Whoa! That bag of garbage is only one penny? What savings! It's so cheap it must be worth just trying out!
*sniffs a bag of old garbage*

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Anniversary posted:

So, uh, how much am I going to regret talking a friend into trying this out with me now that the keys are practically free?

They probably wont consider you a friend from here on out to start.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Eye of Widesauron posted:

It's like MMO's are just one big honeypot for this poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A21wxZKiao8

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Holyshoot posted:

totalbiscut is a useless fat piece of poo poo who won genetics lottery with a good sounding voice.

Sounds more like he won genetics church raffle and not the lottery.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

What? Who would think this is a good idea for an MMO? I... why?

Korea is known for quality progaming, not quality programming.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

d3lness posted:

So, I'm currently making up for lost time with RPGs on my 3ds. I'm playing DeSu: Overclocked and EO:U1 atm and I'm getting EO:U2 at launch. Anybody have any suggestions for more aweome RPGs? PS, I already have the SMT games off the eShop along with EO:IV and a recently arrived copy of SMT: Strange Journey.

I heard there is a great RPG called Wildstar. Very desu.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

a harpy posted:

That's really weird and dumb, BUT my PTR client downloaded, installed, and works fine. I wonder if they just linked you to a hosed up version.

The live tutorial on installing. We don't have wizards for that poo poo! This is scifi cupcakes!

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Jesus, Wildstar and IE? You need to be put down for your own good.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer
It's so loving fun that most people can't handle how much fun it is.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Suitaru posted:

look man i used to hammer nails into my dick. simply stapling my foreskin to my scrotum is small potatoes and lots of fun

The staples are free too! :downs:

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

John Dyne posted:

Honestly, the leveling and questing doesn't feel any different from any other theme park MMO. v:shobon:v You go out, you kill X dudes, you get Y items, you give them to the guy who sent you out and get XP and a pair of pants. WoW does it, FF14 does it, SWTOR does it, Wildstar does it, EverQuest did it. That's just how every MMO on the market handles its quests, basically. The one thing it has that a few other MMOs also have, and I wish every MMO would loving adopt, is the fact you get your quest items 100% of the time. Every bear has an rear end for the bear rear end quest.

Everything else you mentioned, the UI, the zones, the skills, the poo poo you just don't like? That'll make it feel more like a chore, and I feel you on that. Unless the UI is like completely loving counter-intuitive and I can't use my abilities or access my inventory without some contrived method, I don't pay much attention to the UI; only the Secret World has really turned me off with its UI and its skills. And the zones are interesting to me if only because I've never gone through them. I've been hesitant to actually level a dude in F2P since I played in live since it looks like nothing has been changed and I don't like redoing poo poo I've recently done, particularly if I'm doing it alone.

I'm not saying the game is amazing, or even that it's good or that it will appeal to everyone. I'm saying it's better than it's given credit for. I went in expecting it to be utter poo poo, and it's turned out to not be as bad as goons made it out to be.

It's also not as goons made it out to be a year and a half ago, or even hoped it would be, which I think explains a lot for it. It's just.. mediocre. If something about it doesn't grab you, or there isn't something that will hold you in (like multiple friends playing,) it's not gonna be a thing you'll play for more than 20 minutes. For me, it's just the novelty of seeing the game and seeing what matches up with my expectations and what exceeds it. I mean, poo poo, no one had mentioned the stupid loving newbie dungeon they added, and then I got to actually play the loving thing. It wasn't a well done dungeon, by any means, since it was JUST a tutorial of 'here is how you handle dungeon bosses,' but the worst part of it was having to use mechanics they are now trying to change.

Wildstar's never gonna be as big as even Neverwinter, but gently caress it, it's not like I've lost anything major after the new shine wears off.

Hi, I'm forums poster John Dyne and my time is worth less than nothing. Please feel free to capture and enslave me in any of your work camps ranging from factory assembly lines, manually powering mills, or even rock quarrys. Just be sure to give me a clearly displayed progress bar so I can track how much fun I am having.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer
MMOs are terrible. One day you will all come to realize this. And when you do. Good Games will be waiting.

Until then, maybe try baby steps to get yourself off the MMOs, like Progress Quest. You can have that running all day while you do things, or play Good Games.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer
UO did it first and did it best. If you didn't experience the golden age of UO, then I'm sorry, you will never have had a truly good time.

e: playing MMOs, that is, which are bad.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

The Moon Monster posted:

Thanks for curing me of any desire to resub to FFXIV.

What the gently caress is up with actually playing the game, am I right? There's all this content in the way! Nobody wants that!

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Niton posted:

Someone link him the Legendary Ring quest from Warlords of Draenor, the thing that even Flex groups will often harass you for not having. While I think it should have been trimmed down, it's ridiculous how much play that chart gets as anything other than "The Entirety of FFXIV's Post-Launch Content".

MMOs are a sickness, but you can be cured of them. Once you realize that all of the content is unfun garbage, you will be set free.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Harrow posted:

This, please. I think I'd really enjoy that. Multiplayer dungeon runs where you pick a character at the start and level up and "build" your character over the course of the dungeon would be really fun. You get to enjoy gathering equipment and trying out character builds but don't really have to care about long-term progression or anything.

X Hero Siege in warcraft 3 custom maps or any of the hero siege maps were pretty much exactly this. I miss the wc3 custom scene before it got engulfed by dota.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Comrayn posted:

Was "years ago" when they founded the company?

Are you implying that his hobby is actually for children?

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Kelathos posted:

Forgive me Wildstar, I haven't played since launch week. Can I come back and have.... fun?!
Looking at maxing a character, what's a fun class to level?

Nothing. It's a garbage game and I question your mental health for having purchased it and then thought about coming back. Now beat the poo poo out of this pedo!

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

John Dyne is the guy with the 3d glasses.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Cyron posted:

ignore him he did a death threat to a dev in wow for not having legenderies transmogable, he is about as trashy as wildstar fans if not more.

Kill all nerds.

Including me.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Shockeh posted:

Question still stands: Any decision on goon presence, Faction/Server?

Server is I-95 exit 43 men's restroom. Faction is Truckers. Clan name is Pinching a Loaf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

sword_man.gif posted:

even if you're doing something "ironically" you're still spending your time doing it

They are truly lost. Like every post is in here not mocking those playing is a tragedy.

• Locked thread