Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
They didn't say it to be assholes, they just literally did not have the technology to restore individual characters, so they would have had to rollback entire servers to restore them. I'm vaguely surprised they didn't just do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Bauxite posted:

They're assholes because they said it and they said it because they're assholes. These things just go hand in hand.

My point is that they didn't do it out of spite, they just didn't put a system in place because they're morons.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
just checked the subreddit, apparently there have only been like two guilds that have cleared datascape, despite it being out for nearly a year

even then, less than like 30 guilds have successfully cleared GA, which requires half the people and is way smaller

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
the problem is they really wanted the game to appeal to hardcore raiders and then made the endgame so absurd that like .1% of the population has actually done it (or at this point like 10% of the population, depends on their sub numbers i guess)

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEUmGnzkQ1k

what a fun boss

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
If this goes f2p I'll play it.

quote:

Anyways, here's 7 reasons B2P is unlikely for Wildstar
1.The game is already effectively B2P.
You don't have to pay a subscription if you just play the game and use a little plat to buy CREDD

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Apparently Franbunny went on a banning spree on the subreddit and has been removed as a moderator

which brings the official subreddit moderator count to one

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
I imagine even if they make it f2p it'll be exactly the same game, they'll probably just add a cash shop where you can buy skill amps or hats or something.

Should be interesting to see what happens a month or so after it goes f2p or b2p or whatever, it'll be fun to see people complain about the exact same things people complain about now, except they'll be told "it's free, if you don't like it don't play it"

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Super Space Jam 64 posted:

What has happened with franbunny in the aftermath of being removed as a moderator? :munch:

According to her reddit posts, she's moved to Tera.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Should probably take it as a sign to stop using Firefox.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

CoffeeBooze posted:

I suspect you are right. The silence from Carbine at this point is pretty ominous. Then again maybe they don't see the games community disintegrating as a bad thing. The player base they cultivated is just absolutely toxic, and being stuck trying to placate them because they are the game's only stream of revenue has probably limited Carbine's ability to make the kind of drastic changes in direction the game needs.

Then again this is assuming Carbine's management is actually competent. All indications up until this point are that they absolutely are not.

Silence from Carbine has been completely normal for the entirety of the game, not sure why it would suddenly be surprising or ominous.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

CoffeeBooze posted:

No, Carbine has commented on quite a few things since the games release. It's staff just has the really bad habit of saying the worst possible thing. Like their lead raid designer's incredibly sarcastic congratulations to the raiding guild that managed to kill a 40 man boss.

I don't remember hearing about this. Could you elaborate?

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
http://www.pcgamer.com/wildstar-could-be-coming-to-steam-as-a-free-to-play-game/

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Her reddit username is u/girlwithruinedteeth, I didn't realize how literal that was. what the hell.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Apparently Wildstar just had a "special event," except there wasn't anything special about it and no one won any prizes at all, it was a mandatory stress test so they rounded everyone up in the main city and disconnected everyone that didn't join in. good job crbine

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
oh i got those off the subreddit there's no way i'd actually play the game again

it's not technically the beta but since the game's going f2p in september i'm betting the devs are treating this as a secondary beta period, unofficially

which means they won't fix any issues anyway, they didn't the first time

• Locked thread