Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

You people sure do spell Dragon in weird ways.

I've never been a fan of factions limiting who you can play with and stuff so I was always glad TSW was pretty lax on that end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

I may give this another shot when f2p hits. It ran like complete rear end for me in beta but maybe, just maybe, they've finally managed to optimize it somehow.

I'm not going to be optimistic about that.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

It's okay all the lost WoW subscribers just moved over to Final Fantasy XIV.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Byolante posted:

Yes I prefer being forced through literal last expansions content as a gating mechanism to the expansion I bought too. Great idea!

I have to play my game to play my game, this angers me.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

I thought Wildstar was the funny thing that happens in Wildstar.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Anoia posted:

Why is it whenever someone says something remotely negative about FFXIV they swarm?

But anyway until F2P actually launches I don't see much to talk about.

People are quick to defend things they enjoy and have emotional investment in, regardless of if the opposing side has a valid point. I personally don't have issue with the story thing but I'll concede that people are free to feel otherwise.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Harrow posted:

I wonder if we should just have an actual MMO hellthread. Then again, if we did, nobody would ever post in the Wildstar thread again.

The ArcheAge thread would die off pretty quick too. :v:

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Don't forget EXP curves. They are essential to determining the most efficient amount of poopsocking required to max level. :eng101:

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Also please dont listen to ANet when they try to hype you up for something. They'll deliver it half made, then they'll forget about it and move one to the next thing they need to hype you about. They are the equivalent of a kid with ADHD.

You mean like Engineer? :smith:

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Smart Car posted:

The thing with the legendary ring though is that no one will care about you having it in WoW's next expansion, but you'll always have to do those quests to progress in FFXIV. Much as I enjoy the game the sheer amount of stuff you have to go through at 50 is simply crazy and it would definitely benefit from being abridged to just the highlights of it.

The catch here is you can level every job on one character so there's really never any need for you to run things more than once unless you want alts to RP with or something.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Did You Mean: The entire Roguelike Genre?

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

This thread isn't fun anymore can we go back to making fun of Wildstar Anime Catgirl Waifu Sim.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Ummm the popori in tera are like 95% animal 4% people and 100% anime.

Implying anyone played them instead of elin. It still distresses me how popular the "stripper toddler" option is in that game. And then they went and gave them an edgy edgelord unique class to boot.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Turtle Sandbox posted:

I can't imagine that race and gender is being used to gate character creation in tyool 2015, but people defend poo poo design choices based around whatever RP reason is given so maybe there is a legit reason you have to be a 12yo girl to be this class.

The lore of the class is literally "one of the cute, happy, loli girls saw a bloodbath of her home and now she's edgy and angry isn't that cool and out of character for a cute loli girl".

My options include living rock people, giants that become literal castles, and roly poly animal people but nope better be a 12 year old in lingerie with bonus edgy angst.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

That explains why Greek epics felt so convoluted sometimes, they were written by Blizzard. :v:

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

I don't know if it's still there since the destruction and rebuilding but that one jumping puzzle in Lion's Arch. You know the one. The really cramped cave that you had to jump down a well to get to?

Have fun trying to do that on anything but an asura.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Cyron posted:

I know goons look down on this race, but the asura have some great combat animations, Like running with a greatsword of hammer. it really gives this feeling that the race is small.

How could you forget the iconic pole dance twirl on certain staff abilities? It's the absolute best animation in the game.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Harrow posted:

It's clear that's what Wildstar was going for, but somehow it ended up looking like WoW circa 2007 instead of some sort of timeless stylized aesthetic.

Wildstar achieved a great feat. It managed to look like an older version of WoW and still run like complete poo poo for a lot of people. Some serious spaghetti code gotta be going on to run that terrible.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Free To Play officially begins on September 29th. Mark your calendars so you know when to not do anything at all.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Eimi posted:

I'd also argue that the class changes they made for the expansion are moronic pursuit of complexity for complexitiy's sake. At least that more than anything killed the game. Dumb poo poo like Enochian, Wanderer's Minuet changing how blm and brd play and then loving adding back positionals to ninja when ninja was good because it didn't have that bullshit. The fact that the current end game is a mess doesn't help but I think they made some fundamentally wrong decisions in how they changed dps classes. Healers and tanks got off fairly well, bloated skillbars aside.

Ninja got 2 positionals. A whole 2. Completely different class thanks Square everything is ruined.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Screeching hyperbole? I just find it hilarious that moving to the side occasionally is apparently a "complexity for complexity's sake". Please tell me more about how much trouble that is. :allears:

I'll agree with other points though, Dragoon's random positional is stupid as hell and Wanderer's Minuet was a playstyle change that people didn't want or expect.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

So standing still while you mash buttons is much more engaging than moving around. Got it, thanks for clarifying that.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Truga posted:

The funny thing is, mobas have progression inside every game, and it just makes things worse. Oh you died? Now your enemy has more levels and gold than you, enjoy losing for the rest of the game. I hope your flavour of moba has a give up button.

I don't like losing a competitive game make it more equal please.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

What?

This conversation was about PVP and the person I replied to was talking about MOBAs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Oh good, game still runs like like a poo poo heap. I'm free from trying to deal with this game again. :worship:

If nothing else, at least Wildstar is consistent in its bad.

• Locked thread