Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Does the Moto 360 have this capability, or am I going to be getting a new watch in the near future?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

kitten smoothie posted:

I stand corrected.

http://motorola-blog.blogspot.com/2015/04/moto-360-its-time-for-update.html?linkId=13654909

I would bet wifi connectivity might be a prerequisite to iOS support, if they ever do such a thing. The device would need its own connectivity to bridge the gap between what Android can do with another Android device and what iOS would let it do otherwise.

Oh man, I'm super excited. I guess we'll see how well it works when it drops soon.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I really thought the flat tire was going to bother me, but I grew to like the design. The LG Watch R feels strange now.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I'll have to try that. I also have terrible battery life with GPS.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

incoherent posted:

drat the new temp price to 179 is pretty enticing.

Yeah. In spite of its flaws, now is a great time to buy a 360.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Dr. Video Games 0050 posted:

My question is does it have to be in the same Wi-Fi, or could I leave my phone at home and my watch still works to send texts etc at work?

As long as your phone is connected to any data network or WiFi, and as long as your watch is connected to *a* WiFi network, it will work. In theory.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Dr Cheeto posted:

The Moto 360 should have a wifi antenna, right? Have they not pushed the update for cloud connectivity yet?

Not yet. I've been checking daily.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Only issue I have with vibration is that it seems to have stopped doing so, specifically for FB messenger. Any thoughts?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Len posted:

Before I buy something pointless I can use literally any Qi charger with a 360 right? Like I could sit my watch on this no problems? http://smile.amazon.com/Wireless-Ch...=qi+charger+pad

I hope that's the case, because I would love to buy a bunch of these for wherever I go.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Grim Up North posted:

YMMV, but I have one of these (well, same Chinese factory, I guess) and it's infuriatingly lovely. You have to place your device just right and be careful not to touch it lest you knock the coils out of alignment.

Any good alternatives?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

G Watch doesn't get the WiFi update.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

But why would you want always full brightness and not "Don't be bright when I'm not looking at it"?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

When the hell is my 360 gonna get the 5.1 update? I'm tired of seeing cool things on news posts and not on my wrist.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

As a 360 owner, I am displeased.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Rastor posted:

The 360 lacks a physical port for sideloading an OTA file.

I know. I'm still displeased.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Despite still waiting for the update, I've had my 360 since November, and I don't regret purchasing it at all. It might be dated, but it's still one of my favorite devices. Hopefully, I'm not alone in that.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

It's not waterproof. It's water-resistant.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Every experience I've had with a BadApps Wear watchface has been "Oh, this is cool. It also halves my battery life. Why is this?"

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I wear my 360 to bed, and the only problem with the alarm is that it's really easy to turn off and go back to sleep.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Did not know about the screen lock on the watch! Setting that now.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Three Olives posted:

At least not yet. I don't a problem with the idea in theory

By that, you mean "never", and you should have a problem with that, because Wear is never going to become so good that it justifies that cost. PHONES are not good enough to justify that cost.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I wear clothes everyday, nice clothes even, and I don't think I've spent $1,500 on clothes in the past decade, much less on a watch.

That said, I forgot who I was talking to, so carry on.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Phosphine posted:

This is completely baffling. I mean, I get wanting a smartwatch (I have one {Watch Urbane}), but at those prices? Whyy?

They go well with your condo.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Mustache Ride posted:

Yeah but the colors don't match my condo's pool.

Renovate your pool, friend.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Three Olives posted:

$1,500 is not that much money to a lot of people and there is probably a sizable group of people that want a smart watch but don't want to buy a daily fashion accessory from the company that made their washing machine or hawks pre-paid cellphones at Walmart.

I wanna live in a world where one of my biggest concerns is spending a paltry grand and a half to make sure my wristwatch wasn't made by a company that once made a VCR.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

LastInLine posted:

Apple has theirs behind the screen itself but I'm guessing that's patented by them.

I mean, I hate the flat tire (a lot) but I would never give up the ambient light sensor.

Before I got my 360, I listened to tech reviews about it and thought the flat tire design was a stupid one. Now, I guess I'm just super used to it. I don't think I've come across a situation where I really missed not having a full screen.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

My 360 v1 suddenly is only getting 3 hours of battery. Don't know what's going on with this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

nmfree posted:

Have you tried factory resetting it? That helped me with some battery problems a while back.

It died here at work, so I'll have to mess with it when I get home. I'll give it a shot, though!