Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Hughmoris posted:

Looks like the LG G Watch can be had for $80 at Target with coupon. Worth it?

Yes, its a very decent introduction to Android Wear at that good of a price.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Rastor posted:

Original LG G Watch on sale for $50. This is probably one of your last chances to buy one new.

It's not the best of Android Wear -- but it is very affordable.

This is a damned good deal, great price for what has been a very decent entry-level watch.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

If there is, I've yet to figure it out. Kind of dumb that it doesn't do it automagically.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Yeah, if I have one complaint about the G Watch, it's the cradle being finicky.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

G-Prime posted:

For what it's worth, my G Watch is a little fiddly, and the pins are clean and look great. In my experience, when I put it on there, sometimes the vibration knocks it off the pins, and then it'll connect again and vibrate, and repeat indefinitely. If I take it off and align it carefully the next time, it works just fine.

Mine does the exact same thing sometimes. It somehow manages to charge overnight, but has been connecting and disconnecting repeatedly when I take it off the charger some mornings. Most times this doesn't happen, mind you. But annoying when it does, especially if you hear it doing it and have to get up to re-seat it on its charger.