Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Ah. Well, then to hell with this app.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
My 2nd generation 360 just got some update today. Anyone else get this? What is it?

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Since my phone got the recent Wear app update, my watch hasn't gotten any notifications. Things like BeyondPod and Google Play Music still show their controls, but nothing for texts or emails. I've rebooted my watch already; anything else to try before resetting it?

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
I usually get a full day (7-9) out of my 360/2, but every so often it'll just die a couple hours early. I haven't done anything differently, as far as I can tell.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

LastInLine posted:

Has anyone else's 360/2 stopped going into desk clock mode while charging? Mine has now for three days, right when it got that last Wear update. The only way to make it work is to reboot it while it's on the charger and then only until I remove it.

Yup. Also had difficulty coming out of that mode in the morning. I reset my watch over the weekend and it's better, but still kinda slow.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Since this is the app, everyone should get it, right?

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
My 2nd-gen Moto 360 suddenly stopped mirroring notifications. I tried un-pairing and re-pairing it today but no dice. What else can I check?

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Is there a way to use Tasker or something to toggle the always on screen? My 360/2 is less than two years old, and it's already struggling to make it through 12-13 hours. However, if I turn off the always-on screen, then it's just this useless glowing near-circle on my nightstand, since Google inexplicably changed the charging background to gray.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Hmm, my watch is at 2.8.x and my phone app at 2.9.x.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Is there a way to recalibrate the battery on a la 360/2? Mine's dying at around "80%".

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Don Lapre posted:

Battery is probably bad then.

Oh, I'm sure it is. Is there any way to replace it? If not, I'd rather at least have an accurate number.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Thermopyle posted:

The charging dock for the OG Moto 360 was really good and cool.

How different is it from the 2nd gen one? I like the 2nd gen dock pretty well.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
I recently reset my phone and hence my watch. Now, I can't figure out how to get Our Groceries back into my watch. It doesn't show up in a Play Store search. How do I get it back?

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

LastInLine posted:

Is it still packaged with the phone app?

I'm not really sure how to tell. The Play Store listing for the phone app has the watch icon, but synching my phone apps through the Wear OS app doesn't seem to add Our Groceries to the watch.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
I wish my 360/2 were getting Wear OS 2.0 :(

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

LastInLine posted:

It's supposed to. The only ones that won't are the ones who didn't get the Android Wear 2.0. That said I don't have it yet either and I really want it.

Oh, cool. I thought that AW 2.x was the last thing the 360/2 was slated to get.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

LastInLine posted:

They explicitly listed the watches that won't get it:

LG G Watch
Samsung Gear Live
Moto 360 (2014)
Sony Smartwatch 3
Asus ZenWatch (1st-gen)

Everything else should get it.

Well, that's human memory for ya. Thanks for the good news!

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Anyone else here have a Moto 360/2 with a metal strap? Over the last few days, mine went from clasping fine to basically not at all.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

LastInLine posted:

I do, though mine works fine. Did you clean out the goop in the sliding mechanism?

Didn't see any, but I also didn't look super closely.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Holy poo poo, my 2nd-generation Moto 360 is dying after less than two hours off the charger, with ambient display off! Is it feasible to replace this thing's battery?

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

wolrah posted:

First time I've been really disappointed to have an old watch:
https://github.com/ginkage/wearmouse
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ginkage.wearmouse

Only works on watches running Android 8.0 or later, so my OG HWatch with 7.x is SOL.

Neat, I guess, but holy hell that must murder the watch's battery!

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
What was that watch that made some news a few months back because it had a regular (i.e. mechanical) face on top of a Wear OS device? Whatever became of it?

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Haha, definitely not the LG one. Maybe it was just wishful confabulation that made me think it had regular watch hands.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
I don't make my own, but Pujie Black has lots of great faces that are pretty easy to tweak a bit, in my experience.

On a totally different note, I replaced the battery on my 2nd-generation 360 and it's sooooo nice having a watch that'll last all day again! Plus having an accurate battery meter is nice; the old battery would die anywhere between 30% and 50%, but last night when I took my watch off it was at 16%.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

bull3964 posted:

How difficult was it? I'm thinking of doing the same thing to my 360 2 and I think I'm willing to risk it now since this Galaxy Watch Active has pretty much become my primary device.

It was actually pretty easy. I bought the battery from ifixit and followed their guide plus the comments. I didn't take out the ribbon cable connecting the display to the motherboard, and I didn't put any glue back on the ring when I put it back together.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Has anyone noticed that listening to music kills their watch's battery? I'd been getting full days (again) out of my 360v2, but today I listened to a lot of music at work and it died some time after 3.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Len posted:

Yeah my watch gets destroyed by Spotify

Well that sucks. Is there anything I can do to prevent that from happening?

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Music on the phone for me.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Nah, it doesn't leave the screen on. I've got ambient mode enabled, so I can still see the play/pause button and the title of the track though.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

LastInLine posted:

Music on the watch or music on the phone? If it's the latter just disable automatic media controls (though I *think* that option somehow never made it to the Moto 360/2). If it's on the watch, well, just don't do that.

This option did indeed make it to the 360/2, so I'll try it out today. Thanks!

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
I've had it off the charger for at least 12.5 hours now and it's at 32%, having listened to something like 5-6 hours of music at work. Seems like turning that off did the trick!

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
My 360v2 has started switching out of the charging screen seemingly at random. I think it started after I replaced the battery, but I'm not certain. Usually I can lift it off the charger and put it back and it'll fix itself, but not always. Has anyone else had this?

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
It's a Qi charger, so not applicable. It's also a cradle so it should be aligned well without really any fiddling.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

bull3964 posted:

I do think I'm going to attempt a replacement of the battery in my Moto 360 2 as it started lasting less than an hour off the charger. It still remains my favorite form factor in all the smartwatches I've used. 46mm is the right size and a case that can be dressed up or down easily with a band change.

I did this a few months back because mine was also dying within an hour or two. It's like having a brand new watch again, it's fantastic. It wasn't too hard, either.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Krime posted:

Would you be willing to replace mine?

What's the going rate on a battery and fair price to swap one out?

I love my 360v2 bit it's battery dies at 30%

Nah, I don't really want to do it again. I think I got the battery for under :20bux:

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
I took a flight today and now Wear OS isn't seeing my 360/2. The Bluetooth menu says it's connected, as does Motorola's Connect app. Weirdly, Wear OS is acting like it hasn't been set up at all. Do I have to just suck it up and reset the watch?

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Len posted:

Facerepo is gone apparently? Does anyone know a good place to get faces?

It may depend on the face app, now. Most of the Pujie Black faces are on their cloud store thing, which is a couple bucks a year or something.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Are there any other good watch face apps besides Pujie Black? I really like a lot of the faces, but the indicators, especially weather, don't update very reliably for me on my 2nd generation Moto 360.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

LastInLine posted:

Assuming you're using third party complication data, I'd think any watchface would have the same problem.

I'm just using the default stuff that comes with Pujie; I'm not customizing the data source of the indicator.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Here's hoping the new watches come out soon, and there's some that look like regular metal watches. My 2nd-generation Moto 360 is on its second battery, and I think that one's starting to die.