Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!
I think it's not really meant for running or activities but for office or around house usage. Most of the time I leave my phone at my desk but the BT connection obviously doesn't reach very far. With this update, I'll be able to see notifications even when I'm out of range. Same when I'm in the garden in front of my house. My Wi-Fi is strong enough, so I won't miss anything when I'm outside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!

Shai-Hulud posted:

Circle, 360 to be precise.

I have Minimal & Elegant. It can be dark or light or whatever you want and it makes the best of the flat tire.

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!
Oh man, that's pretty much the end for the 360 already. This thing's on the market for less than a year and they can't even make updates work smoothly anymore. Not that it ever did. I like mine and still wouldn't wear any other Wear piece right now, but all in all it's a lovely situation.

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!
I'm loving mine as well, wearing it everyday! It will continue to be exactly what I want out of a smartwatch at this point. And I'm sure that we'll get the update eventually, but it's pretty telling that they are having problems already.

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!
You are aware that I love this thing, right? Also owning a Nexus 6 and a Moto X before that, so I'm actually a Motorola supporter for this generation.

Fact is, that every other Wear watch has received the update, because those OEMs don't have to dance around ancient hardware. Yes, Motorola will eventually get around, but how many other updates will follow, if they wanna keep up their 'quality standards' (ie have to find yet another way to squeeze out the necessary performance)?

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!
Of course, I said something stupid. Sure, I've been using this thing since its launch with all the good and bad sides, but I obviously don't know what I'm talking about. How can you not admit that the 360 is the worst of the bunch when it comes to internal hardware. It's everything else that's setting it apart but it's crystal clear that it'll be the first to get left behind.

This forum sometimes...

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!
Speaking of interactive watch faces. Is there anything cool out yet? I've seen the few "official" ones but nothing special yet.

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!
We know. Still, QC?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!
You could but then you'd also have to turn off WiFi on your watch if you're using that function. It's a pain in the rear end and typical Google. I love Wear and my Moto360 but there's so many little things that have to be improved yet.