Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
race war: what is the best race
marathon
sprint
racewalking
swimming
cycling
bmx :hellyeah:
horse/dog racing
NASCAR
other motorsport
the whites
View Results

• Locked thread
Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

Fojar38 posted:

racism didnt exist before capitalism

Well capitalism predates the existence of white people, so of course racism in it's modern form didn't exist before capitalism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Oberleutnant posted:

erm......... gonna need a citation on this one my nigga

"When the first Africans arrived in Virginia in 1619, there were no 'white' people there; nor, according to the colonial records, would there be for another sixty years."

http://www.amazon.com/The-Invention-White-Race-Volume/dp/1844677699

Unless your saying there was no capitalism until after the 17th century?

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Oberleutnant posted:

I thought you were saying that there were no actual white-skinned people, and thought you might be about to make an argument about capitalism always existing since the first modern humans, or something.
Might've helped if you'd clarified your point a little.

There are no white-skinned people either. Perhaps you're thinking of teeth? Or a social construct?

• Locked thread