Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!

Adam Bowen posted:

I can't use any of the menus because I have a 360 controller plugged in, good job loving something really basic up

Nevermind, it was because I had my SNES to USB plugged in. So even after I unplugged my 360 controller it kept wanting to recognize that controller as a 360 and wouldN't let me use the keyboard for anything. Don't plug in any controllers for now maybe.

The very first option that should exist in a game like this is "disable gamepad" so fuckery like that doesn't happen

Adam Bowen fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Apr 21, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Questioner86 posted:

Already sent off that e-mail to Valve. We absolutely intended for it to be a giftable copy.

Also, DDE Upgrade should be in the store page and DDE content should be showing up for people who own it. Restart Steam if you're still having issues!

I am amazed at how fast you are working on this. It was so fast I was sure I had simply overlooked the button in the first place.

Currently it tells me the deluxe edition is redundant with items already in my cart... When it is the only item in my cart. This is after a restart.

Good luck dealing with all the steam shenanigans. I can wait easy enough for frivolous extras since I know you're working on the issue.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Apr 21, 2015

turnways
Jun 22, 2004

Adam Bowen posted:

Nevermind, it was because I had my SNES to USB plugged in. So even after I unplugged my 360 controller it kept wanting to recognize that controller as a 360 and would't let me use the keyboard for anything. Don't plug in any controllers for now maybe.

The very first option that should exist in a game like this is "disable gamepad" so fuckery like that doesn't happen

The game dynamically shifts between controller and mouse/kb based on what method last sent out input; it shouldn't default to controller mode unless it's receiving direct input (i.e. a button press, not an existence ping) from a controller somewhere. I'll note down SNES to USB is doing something to trigger that somehow.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Where are the configs located?

Also will there be a separate option for ironsights sensivity at some point?

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
About to jump in for the deluxe version, but i need to know if there's some incredibly castrated German version that i'm secretly getting/going to have forced on me once further patches roll out by just going through the regular store page, because if so i'll definitely wait for someone to gift me the international version instead so i'm in the clear.

Can a dev outline what's going to happen or is that already stated somewhere?

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!

turnways posted:

The game dynamically shifts between controller and mouse/kb based on what method last sent out input; it shouldn't default to controller mode unless it's receiving direct input (i.e. a button press, not an existence ping) from a controller somewhere. I'll note down SNES to USB is doing something to trigger that somehow.

It's this along with an original SNES controller, if that helps: http://www.mayflash.com/Products/PCUSB/PC044.html

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Broose posted:

Well, did it tell you that you were not going to get KF1 or KF2 on the checkout page?

No, I had zero problems. I didn't get the DDE though because nothing in it interested me enough to spend the extra $10 dollars. I'm one of the few who doesn't play as Foster or the DJ and if I want the soundtrack that badly I can rip it from game files.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

GenghisTron posted:

Hmm, I had the "already own KF2" beta problem thing and went ahead and bought it. It's in my library but will only download 4.6gb instead of the full 9gb. Wouldn't start up when it was finished, so deleted it and went to redownload but it's still only downloading 4.6gb. I'm using a new hard drive, so the beta files are definitely not on here still.

I have a feeling and fear I'm about to run into this issue. I bought the DDE as a gift to myself and it installed. But I had deleted my beta files in the hopes that it would solve the issues from before. Now I'm only downloading 5.5 GB apparently.

GenghisTron
Dec 5, 2005

i dont live to live homie

Broose posted:

I have a feeling and fear I'm about to run into this issue. I bought the DDE as a gift to myself and it installed. But I had deleted my beta files in the hopes that it would solve the issues from before. Now I'm only downloading 5.5 GB apparently.

It just randomly started working for me now. No idea what happened! Still has only downloaded 4.6gb though..

Questioner86
Feb 8, 2006
Gaming Freak Of Nature
Weird issue with the DDE upgrade that we're getting ironed out. It's most likely that you already own KF1 and it doesn't want to let you buy a second copy. Valve is already aware.

Current player count is over 10,400!

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

RoadCrewWorker posted:

About to jump in for the deluxe version, but i need to know if there's some incredibly castrated German version that i'm secretly getting/going to have forced on me once further patches roll out by just going through the regular store page, because if so i'll definitely wait for someone to gift me the international version instead so i'm in the clear.

As far as I know the last thing I've read about it was this note on the store page at the very bottom of the description.

quote:

NOTE: It is quite likely that there are some regions where we may be required to make cuts in the future, particularly in the gore system, to comply with local ratings boards, once we get the game into its full release status. Regions most likely at risk of this are Germany (via USK) and Australia (via OFLC). Japan is another possibility (via CERO), but is an unknown quantity to us. To be quite clear: this means that, if you are buying from a region which regularly forces cuts on to games for gore, you may get reduced gore when we go to the full release version of the game.

Which sounds like "nothing now, but maybe in the future?"

edit: Well I'm not a dev. Sorry, didn't register that with my cyst-like brain.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family

RoadCrewWorker posted:

I believe it was mentioned on the last page or two that they're not entirely sure what's going to happen but it's likely if you live in Germany or Australia that you're going to get toned-down version once the full launch happens.

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
My East Coast(Miami) server is up. The name is "~Goon Floor 2~", so if you filter by name it will always be at the very bottom of the list under the Zs, easy to find. Password: LLJK

I have it on default settings for now but we can change it to 10 wave or hard later. Might wanna add it to the OP, it's nice to have a passworded server just for us right now. I can give some people admin or whatever later.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Akumos posted:

My East Coast(Miami) server is up. The name is "~Goon Floor 2~", so if you filter by name it will always be at the very bottom of the list under the Zs, easy to find.

I have it on default settings for now but we can change it to 10 wave or hard later. Might wanna add it to the OP, it's nice to have a passworded server just for us right now. I can give some people admin or whatever later.

This is a public forum btw. Not sure if the paywall is up, if it's not anyone can see this post.

Some dumb idiot
Jun 6, 2012

Step by step
Hop the mountain
Step by step
Hop the ocean
Step by step
Hop the rainbow
I'll be running
I have the Deluxe edition and the Artbook/Soundtrack are appearing in my Library as DLC, but it doesn't seem to want to download them, even though I have the rest of the Deluxe things (Scully, etc.)

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

So if I had the beta installed and bought the DDE... I won't be able to play when I get home tonight from work?

GenghisTron
Dec 5, 2005

GenghisTron posted:

It just randomly started working for me now. No idea what happened! Still has only downloaded 4.6gb though..

Scratch that. Loads the menus fine, but won't connect to any games.

Any Tripwire dudes have any ideas?

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Need 2 more rad dudes for the ~Goon Floor 2~ server!

Questioner86
Feb 8, 2006
Gaming Freak Of Nature

GenghisTron posted:

Scratch that. Loads the menus fine, but won't connect to any games.

Any Tripwire dudes have any ideas?

You get an errors or does it just sit there and do nothing when you click on them?

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
Questioner, are you guys ever gonna put back in the killed by messages? And the lobbies should show server names imo.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Cerepol posted:

Need 2 more rad dudes for the ~Goon Floor 2~ server!

Can we not search directly by name? My browser is stuck loading a ton of servers and I can't seem to find the option to add manually or search manually.

Questioner86
Feb 8, 2006
Gaming Freak Of Nature

Skoll posted:

Questioner, are you guys ever gonna put back in the killed by messages? And the lobbies should show server names imo.

On our (rapidly expanding) list.

Right now I'm just focused on making sure people can buy/play the game.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Are there any problems with having the game and the server installed at the same time?

I figured I'd host my own game, so I downloaded the KF2 server from the tools tab in Steam and after that KF2 kept crashing right after the startup logos. Then I validated the files and now Steam is redownloading 2.3GB.

I didn't even run run the dedicated server, just download it.

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006

Cerepol posted:

This is a public forum btw. Not sure if the paywall is up, if it's not anyone can see this post.

That's fine, I can change it later if it's raided.

The foster
Jun 22, 2003
Just because I'm not born yet, doesn't mean I won't slap you in the nuts
Haven't been able to connect to a single online game yet. Tried a few rounds offline and got horribly hugged to death every time.

Any eurogoons running a server?

GenghisTron
Dec 5, 2005

Questioner86 posted:

You get an errors or does it just sit there and do nothing when you click on them?

Just sits there and does nothing, like I didn't click the button. I'm assuming it's because it will only download half of what it says it needs.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Skoll posted:

These are pretty functional as it lets you know if a FP is still alive/creeping around somewhere at times.

Questioner86
Feb 8, 2006
Gaming Freak Of Nature

GenghisTron posted:

Just sits there and does nothing, like I didn't click the button. I'm assuming it's because it will only download half of what it says it needs.

Yeah, there's something crazy going on with your install. Assuming you've done all the usual "validate your game cache" stuff I'd suggest trying to connect a different server region in your Steam settings. It's entirely possible that one of the Steam servers for Dayton, Ohio or where ever the gently caress has an incomplete build. It's in the "downloads" section of your settings tab.

I haven't done tech support in a loooooong time so if that doesn't fix the issue hit up the support section of the Tripwire forums and they'll be much better equipped to help trouble shoot your problem. Sorry you're not playing already, friend!

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Can't get in to servers.

turnways
Jun 22, 2004

Woo the game is out

http://gfycat.com/DisfiguredNaughtyBluewhale

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall

Carecat posted:

Can't get in to servers.

Same, but it looks like it's because everything's full

Questioner86
Feb 8, 2006
Gaming Freak Of Nature

Peewi posted:

Are there any problems with having the game and the server installed at the same time?

I figured I'd host my own game, so I downloaded the KF2 server from the tools tab in Steam and after that KF2 kept crashing right after the startup logos. Then I validated the files and now Steam is redownloading 2.3GB.

I didn't even run run the dedicated server, just download it.

Yeah, I just became aware of this. The dedicated server is downloaded via SteamCMD, not from Steam. That dedicated server that shows up in your tools tab in Steam shouldn't be there. Uninstall that stuff and verify/re-download the base game. Sorry!

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
drat Akumos' server is full, anyone else got one going? Really struggling to get into a game with a goon friend

Edit: Questioner/Turnways, Whats the appid for the dedicated server? I'll try and get one running. I have some experience using steamcmd to run dedicated servers for other games but if you have any notes too that would be much appreicated!

edit edit: aha the appid is 232130

Ahdinko fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Apr 21, 2015

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Require More Fire posted:

I believe it was mentioned on the last page or two that they're not entirely sure what's going to happen but it's likely if you live in Germany or Australia that you're going to get toned-down version once the full launch happens.
If that's the case even if i get it gifted by a friend (so it wasn't technically "bought in Germany") then i'm screwed and that's a tremendous bummer :(

gently caress

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Ahdinko posted:

drat Akumos' server is full, anyone else got one going? Really struggling to get into a game with a goon friend

Probably going to be way easier to get a lobby going then matchmake to a server since the game has lobbies now (hooray).

Speaking of which, is there a goon group yet? There should be a goon group.

I wanted to main Berserker with the new melee system but tried to play perks other than Support for all of one game before relapsing into the arms of my sweet, sweet shotguns. :negative:

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
I got a party going but you need to get into a match with a friend on an existing server :(

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

I'll be renting a server tonight for goons to play on, seems like they aren't bringing up enough servers to match demand.

averox
Feb 28, 2005

:dukedog:
Fun Shoe
Seriously, anyone got a spot in a 6-pack?

Questioner86
Feb 8, 2006
Gaming Freak Of Nature
We're asking our partners to put up more servers. Right now we're at about twice as many players as we initially estimated. :banjo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Probably going to be way easier to get a lobby going then matchmake to a server since the game has lobbies now (hooray).

Speaking of which, is there a goon group yet? There should be a goon group.

I wanted to main Berserker with the new melee system but tried to play perks other than Support for all of one game before relapsing into the arms of my sweet, sweet shotguns. :negative:

As I understand it, the party system is just for joining a server all together and the matchmaking just puts you on the same servers available through the server browser. So you'd still need a server until listen servers get added (having a player host the game).

Questioner86 posted:

Yeah, I just became aware of this. The dedicated server is downloaded via SteamCMD, not from Steam. That dedicated server that shows up in your tools tab in Steam shouldn't be there. Uninstall that stuff and verify/re-download the base game. Sorry!

I had assumed that the download would be the same, but okay.