Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

My server is up.

Best Friend City

68.232.179.114:7787

Private server for now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Are Listen servers not yet a thing?

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY

alg posted:

My server is up.

Best Friend City

Private server for now.

I'm in! Love you alg!

http://www.twitch.tv/ahdinko/

Ahdinko fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Apr 21, 2015

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

Questioner86 posted:

We're asking our partners to put up more servers. Right now we're at about twice as many players as we initially estimated. :banjo:

Nobody is ever truly prepared for the :goon:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Peewi posted:

As I understand it, the party system is just for joining a server all together and the matchmaking just puts you on the same servers available through the server browser. So you'd still need a server until listen servers get added (having a player host the game).

Yeah, I know. The point is you can make a party and matchmake into an empty server rather than looking for partially-full servers like you used to have to do in KF1.

Or could, in theory, if the game weren't currently a victim of its own success. :v:

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Ahdinko posted:

I'm in! Love you alg!

np :wookie:

if the server is full when I get home tonight I'll boot the goon with the highest perk level so I can play :getin:

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

"Eh, I've seen Hans in the streams. I can do this just fi-":gibs:

Holy poo poo is Hans a beast, even on normal. It's actually really hard to keep your team up as a medic because Hans does crazy spike damage. One second they're fine, the next they're dead.

Also, his nerve gas attack incredibly disorienting if you get caught by it. Couldn't find the door fast enough and went from full to dead in like two seconds.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

alg posted:

My server is up.

Best Friend City

Private server for now.

How do you even join by IP?

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

I can't join any servers, matchmaking or otherwise, even if they're empty :(

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

I miss Firebug already. :(

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall

alg posted:

My server is up.

Best Friend City

Private server for now.

you know its really cool to say that but if we're not going to be able to join

alg
Mar 14, 2007

i don't know what that means but there are goons playing on it right now

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I join servers then lose connection over and over again. Launch day gaming is fun!

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall

alg posted:

i don't know what that means but there are goons playing on it right now

either someone cracked your password or i'm really blind

Some dumb idiot
Jun 6, 2012

Step by step
Hop the mountain
Step by step
Hop the ocean
Step by step
Hop the rainbow
I'll be running

The original Hans concept is very, uh :gonk:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Some dumb idiot posted:

Considering his hairstyle, any genetic relation to the Stalkers? Or does he just give fashion advice while performing his experiments?

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

I had this same problem with KF1, but how the hell do you join a private server or add it to your favorites? I feel like I'm missing a button...

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

Some dumb idiot posted:

badass and cool? yeah

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Would anyone trade a copy of KF2 for a copy of Bioshock: Infinite?

I'm poor and desperate. :smith:

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Parallax posted:

I had this same problem with KF1, but how the hell do you join a private server or add it to your favorites? I feel like I'm missing a button...

favourites, click on a server and hit server details, click on the star in the bottom right corner. finding private servers or connecting by IP, I don't know

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

UltraVariant posted:

Would anyone trade a copy of KF2 for a copy of Bioshock: Infinite?

I'm poor and desperate. :smith:

Unless you know of a private server, I wouldn't worry about it man, your chances of finding a server tonight are slim. I'm about to give up and go play payday for a bit, try again tomorrow.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

If you are all desperate for servers, mine is up at

68.232.183.112:7777

Pw: lljk

However I have not tried it or really modified it in any way because I am phone adminning it, so I can't say if you can connect.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

Dreylad posted:

favourites, click on a server and hit server details, click on the star in the bottom right corner. finding private servers or connecting by IP, I don't know

I would imagine it's like the old HL style where you just type Connect and then the ip address in Console. I was wrong.

So basically Connect Open 68.232.183.112:7777

Tamayachi fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Apr 21, 2015

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
Played some solo cause gently caress it

Game owns, shot Hans to death as a level 1 Commando :c00l: his attacks are super neutered on solo compared to what I saw from the PC Gamer video

Questioner86
Feb 8, 2006
Gaming Freak Of Nature

Tamayachi posted:

I would imagine it's like the old HL style where you just type Connect and then the ip address in Console. I could be wrong.

So basically Connect 68.232.183.112:7777

Open 68.232.183.112:7777

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
How do you search via IP?

E: oh ok.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

dogstile posted:

Unless you know of a private server, I wouldn't worry about it man, your chances of finding a server tonight are slim. I'm about to give up and go play payday for a bit, try again tomorrow.
I'd rather play solo than not play at all tbh. I know it's more fun in multiplayer, but I mean Zed-killing is fun nonetheless.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
To connect to a private server open your console (`) and type open (ip address): (port)

e:b

Some dumb idiot
Jun 6, 2012

Step by step
Hop the mountain
Step by step
Hop the ocean
Step by step
Hop the rainbow
I'll be running
Oh and to quote the artbook on the Bloat nipple ring controversy

"The Nipple rings from the original Killing Floor were removed to reinforce the idea that all Zeds were made from the same source Clot and then modified with Bio-mechanics or Genetic mutations."

So I guess this means (barely existent) lore of Bloats essentially being random fat guys off the street and Sirens being clones of the Patriach's (former) wife are no longer canon. :v:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

DreamShipWrecked posted:

If you are all desperate for servers, mine is up at

68.232.183.112:7777

Pw: lljk

However I have not tried it or really modified it in any way because I am phone adminning it, so I can't say if you can connect.

Well, I had fun for the two waves we managed before it crashed and disconnected everyone. :v: Thanks!

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Apr 21, 2015

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Yeah, that was pretty fun, i can't wait for it to get stable :v:

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.
not sure if someone mentioned this already, but
you can go to Documents\my games\KillingFloor2\KFGame\Config\KFGame.ini and change MaxDeadBodies to something like 50

even more gore this way

immortal flow
Jun 6, 2003
boing boing boing

Some dumb idiot posted:

Oh and to quote the artbook on the Bloat nipple ring controversy

"The Nipple rings from the original Killing Floor were removed to reinforce the idea that all Zeds were made from the same source Clot and then modified with Bio-mechanics or Genetic mutations."

So I guess this means (barely existent) lore of Bloats essentially being random fat guys off the street and Sirens being clones of the Patriach's (former) wife are no longer canon. :v:

Well that's a shame.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Gah I am trying to heal people but everyone just scrambles in random directions and I'm the loving medic yet I have the highest kill count and the team can't take down things fast enough so the scrakes and fp's are increasing in number and everyone is going :supaburn: . Stop running you fuckers.

PUBBIES :argh:

Seriously though it is fun seeing the new people trying to get a grip on things. They freak out so easily and do silly things like seeing Hans' green clouds from 20 meters away and sprinting straight into it. At 10 hp :allears:.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

why does this game have mouse acceleration enabled by default, all it does is make the game microstutter at 60 fps and your mouse works like poo poo

get rid of it in 'Documents\my games\KillingFloor2\KFGame\Config\KFInput.ini' by setting "bViewAccelerationEnabled" to "False"

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
Hows the game, worth EA, to early to tell?

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

People were super positive in the beta. The EA is the beta. So yeah.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Well, I had fun for the two waves we managed before it crashed and disconnected everyone. :v: Thanks!

Will be home around 6pm EST tonight to do proper

Did set it to automatically restart if it crashes for 20 mins so hopefully it will come back up. Did the password protect work?

VVV gently caress eating kill zeds goons can afford to lose the weight anyways

year199X
Oct 9, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Mr. Crow posted:

I'm under the impression that if you liked KF1 there's no reason not to pick this up short of financial constraints. Or maybe if you really liked firebug or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Mr. Crow posted:

did you like kf1

if yes, then buy it