Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brackhar
Aug 26, 2006

I'll give you a definite maybe.

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

wait does this come out at midnight or what

No. Looks like 10AM PST on Tuesday. Might be 11; steam counters are a bit inaccurate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brackhar
Aug 26, 2006

Mordja posted:

Anyone know the shelf life of non-AAA, multiplayer focused shooters on consoles, anyway? Be interested in looking at the stats.

From my understanding, quite good. The population of Titanfall fell off much quicker on PC than on console. That said, with games that are consistently updated and support modification the PC community ends up with a much longer tail. Just look at the success of TF2, L4D, and Payday 2 to see that.

Brackhar
Aug 26, 2006

DreamShipWrecked posted:

To be slightly Master Racist for a second, I wonder if it is just because PC gamers are spoilt for choice anymore with so many indie/pc exclusive games getting pushed out for us compared to console releases. I know I didn't stop playing titan fall because it got boring, I stopped because something new came out

Tough to say. At minimum I think PC users have a higher expectation of service than console players in regards to balance and patching, which can cause complications when patches for games are gated by console certification. This disparity if not corrected for can cause the PC base to churn faster than the console base. However, if a faster patch cycle is achieved, then I think PC trends towards much better retention that console over the long run. This is part of what modding support provides - even if the devs can't push out new content regularly or decide to stop, other players can step up and provide said content.

Geight posted:

Titanfall seems like an odd example for a non-AAA game. Also what else were Xbone players gonna play lol

Titanfall is a recent well-known title where the disparity was talked about a lot, but the same is true for every post MW Call of Duty game as well (with BOps being a debatable point).

Brackhar
Aug 26, 2006

How are we organizing games as goon groups? Do we have a steam group?

Brackhar
Aug 26, 2006

Require More Fire posted:

Yes we did and NO REGRETS

How do I play with you guys? :(

Brackhar
Aug 26, 2006

UltraVariant posted:

I was thinking about this. Someone should make one. I'd certainly love a good Goon v. Zed match.

Making one now.

Brackhar
Aug 26, 2006

K! I made a public KF2 Goon group. Feel free to join and add this to the OP:

:siren: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/GotKF2 :siren:

I'll be chilling in the chat room waiting for peeps to play with.

Edit: Welp, looks like a group was made earlier and just wasn't in the OP. Check two posts above this one for it.

Brackhar fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Apr 22, 2015

Brackhar
Aug 26, 2006

ModeWondershot posted:

Throw all your dosh in the Burning Paris fountain and wish to join our game.

...or use ` to jump into the console menu and type "open [server IP address]" for one of the addresses already posted in the thread. The password we have been using is "lljk" (either all caps or no caps)

I tried the two IPs I saw, but one was empty and another didn't respond. What IP are you guys on?

Brackhar
Aug 26, 2006

Man, the amount of head bobbing bothers me, especially when playing as Zerker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brackhar
Aug 26, 2006

Lemon Curdistan posted:

open enter.ip.here:port

Yeah, but what are the IP addresses? They're not in the OP.