Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
http://www.hitbox.tv/video/492417/description

Some HoE 10 wave medic gameplay, we wiped at the end of wave 7 to scrakes and a husk bombing our team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
lmao they said they weren't going to let people do this but some guy left the game open the entire time and is still streaming an old version of the beta. He blocked the game in his firewall and it disabled the authorization thing.

http://www.twitch.tv/magnetotv

Akumos fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Apr 20, 2015

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
111 posts since yesterday and they're all poo poo, nerds. See you in 12 hours when there is a game to play.

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
My East Coast(Miami) server is up. The name is "~Goon Floor 2~", so if you filter by name it will always be at the very bottom of the list under the Zs, easy to find. Password: LLJK

I have it on default settings for now but we can change it to 10 wave or hard later. Might wanna add it to the OP, it's nice to have a passworded server just for us right now. I can give some people admin or whatever later.

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006

Cerepol posted:

This is a public forum btw. Not sure if the paywall is up, if it's not anyone can see this post.

That's fine, I can change it later if it's raided.

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
My server cleared out, also I found the KF webpage to edit the server easier, I thought all I could do was FTP/config but there is a much easier interface to change settings. I might set the server to 10 wave so people get more exp.

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
I set ~Goon Floor 2~ to Long mode(10 waves) on Normal but I have no idea if it will change on next map or if it needs a restart, but if you can't find the server you probably need to filter for 10. If it doesn't change to 10 I'll do it later.

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
I found the command to quickjoin my server, it's: open 104.156.246.12:7777 (pw still LLJK)

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
Alright, my server has been restarted and it's running 10 Wave now. Should be a more appropriate challenge for goons on Normal and gives more exp. gl

edit: I disabled team collision. What's the command to initiate a map vote, Trip devs?

Akumos fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Apr 21, 2015

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
My server just cleared out and is back on 7 wave if anyone wants to go private.

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Okay goonlords, ~Goon Murder Squad~ is set up for six men, seven waves, normal mode. i apologize for having to restart the server just now, I had to check that everything was working okay and there were no open slots.

The actual name of this server is Goon Murder Squad and the wave is set to Any, not 7. Change the wave to 7 and put ~ at the ends for real so it's easier to filter/favorite. Console joining won't work if it's full and then no one will bother to favorite it. You favorite by doing server details at the browser and clicking the star, fyi.

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
I set my servers pw to "lljk" now, no " obviously, but it's lowercase instead of upper.

open 104.156.246.12:7777 will bring it up, name is still ~Goon Floor 2~ and I'm keeping it on Norm 7 Wave til tonight or tomorrow, where I'll change it to 10 Wave Normal again, then 7 Wave hard in two days etc. Gonna go sleep now, peace nerds, don't break the server.

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006

Alteisen posted:

Why aren't you guys setting the servers to 10?

10 players, or waves? 10 waves apparently is too hard even on normal, too many scrakes/fps for lv0-3s to deal with. Maybe tomorrow. 10 players is impossible for me.

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
I'm crankin' ~Goon Floor 2~ up to 10 Wave Normal, and I might turn on Hard tomorrow morning, get your exp nerds. It will probably stay on Hard for a few days if I change it, you need like lv10-15 for Suicidal.

The password is "lljk" now for real, it was still uppercase before.

Akumos fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Apr 22, 2015

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/goonfloor2

I made a steam group for my server, Skoll is also admin on the server now/officer on the group so we have some active presence to watch for griefing/idlers/map changing etc. It's public for today so please join up if you plan on playing here on a regular basis, once we move into higher difficulties we'll start doing announcements to fill up for Suicidal & Hell on Earth attempts etc. I'll be trying Hard difficulty on the server tomorrow, get your exp boys.

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006

Akumos posted:

I made a steam group for my server, Skoll is also admin on the server now/officer on the group so we have some active presence to watch for griefing/idlers/map changing etc. It's public for today so please join up if you plan on playing here on a regular basis, once we move into higher difficulties we'll start doing announcements to fill up for Suicidal & Hell on Earth attempts etc. I'll be trying Hard difficulty on the server tomorrow, get your exp boys.

After talking to Skoll apparently most goons are already approaching perk 10 and are stomping my Wave 10 server, so I will be bumping it to Wave 7 Hard at 6PM EST. Good luck poo poo goons~

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
Join ~Goon Floor 2~ if you wanna beat Hard nerds

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006

Red Mundus posted:

Player hitboxes are wayyyy too big and one dude standing in a doorway turns it into a 6 stooges skit.

KF1 had this problem but the hitboxes were usually small enough to squeeze by in most cases.

Player collision is disabled on my server :smug:

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
The medic assault rifle is the best healing gun because it can burst fire 4/5 darts rapidly, it uses less dart ammo and regens it quicker.

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
I'm going to bed now, this group is gonna go private tomorrow when I get up and be more of a pain to join, get in while it's public. We'll be doing announcements for Suicidal/HoE in the near future.

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
KF2 steam folder > engine > config > baseinput file, turn mouse smoothing off, see if that helps with aim everyone. If not do my docs > my games > kf2 > kfgame > config > KFInput and do the same.

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
Gorefasts are really meaningless, before engaging Scrakes/FP I just nade crowds down(kill sirens first) so they die to that, and if you're just holding hallways or whatever I just pistol them in the head like clots.

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
open goonfloor2.clanservers.com

This now works to connect to my server in console, if you'd rather remember this than copy an IP. Most people probably found and favorited it by now though.

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006

Require More Fire posted:

So Goon Floor 2 and Goon Squad aren't showing up on the in-game server list

:shrug:

https://www.gametracker.com/server_info/104.156.246.12:7777/

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006

Brackhar posted:

Yeah, but what are the IP addresses? They're not in the OP.

This has the command/IP for my server right in your face and a good amount of us are in it now. Pw is the typical still.

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
Yeah I made a big sperg post a while ago about aggressive teleporting, it's stupid.

I set my server to 10 Wave Hard, if it's too rough I can set it back.

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006

Ramsus posted:

Suicidal please. Hard is so yesterday.

If enough goons want to do Suicidal have one add me on Steam(akumos) and I can swap the server briefly, I'll keep wave 10 hard as the default for another day or two prob

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
open 104.156.246.12:7777 pw lljk for Suicidal attempts

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
I have no idea why ~Goon Floor 2~ disappeared from the browser list but I'm reinstalling the server right now and fixing the settings, gonna throw it back on Hard 10 and hope it updates.

edit: Yup, reinstall fixed it. It's up as a public server now, I think disabling player collision removed it from the official list lmao.

Akumos fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Apr 24, 2015

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
Just FYI - I figured out tonight it's not just specific perk bugs, but you can refresh every perk(switch off medic armor, you get new armor mid round.) You can switch off Supplier, get higher ammo on Support, then switch back and you keep the max ammo.. and every time you do this, your team can take more ammo, and you can do this an infinite amount of times a round, so infinite ammo for your team if you feel like doing it. You can use the +5 carrying capacity on Support, then switch to another perk and keep it. This works for everything, and if one perk offers a benefit that increases capacity/armor or whatever, you can take it first and switch off to keep it. There is going to be a lot of goofy min/maxing til this is fixed lmao.

You can do really dumb combos like having every single medic gun at once now or having a scar and aa12 on a Commando

Akumos fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Apr 25, 2015

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006

Musluk posted:

"Russian Rockets Rock"

So I'm guessing it's gonna be a RPG-7.

if this game gets an RPG I'm using nothing else

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
open 104.156.246.12:7777

Starting Hell on Earth 7 wave on my server, come give it a try nerds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
Patch hosed my server for a while but I brought it back as a Suicidal 10 wave for a bit

open 104.156.246.12:7777