Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

drrockso20 posted:

Yeah I kinda miss how big KF1 maps could be

I've wanted to remake a KF1 map (that I can never remember the name of) that featured an office building with a trader at the top at one end, and a long underground complex with a trader at the other end, and each round alternated trader location. It meant you had to do a running firefight the entire time in order to get to the trader in time, with scary choke-points and areas where zeds could come up on you real fast.
Made for a very different feel to the normal play-style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Marogareh posted:

Can't wait to upgrade the Berserker weapons and shred everything even harder.

I hope upgraded weapons get cosmetic glow effects or something to show how boosted they are above their baseline. I want my Zweihander to be a beacon of destruction.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

For some reason when I first tried the husk cannon I didn't care for it, but a friend suggested our entire team use it and see how it fares. I'm a convert. Scrakes shrug it off a bit but it vapourises Fleshpounds. I've never run out of ammo for it (but yet to try it on HoE) so I don't even need a secondary weapon.
I'm waiting for it to get nerfed, obviously.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

aniviron posted:

Sharpshooter you sorta need to play alone or have competent allies. Solo there's not so much stuff that you can't just kill it all; but when you have six guys' worth of poo poo on the map, if your teammates standing next to you are constantly letting crawlers chew on your legs then you're gonna have problems. Happens all the time where I'm trying to take down a FP and the firebug is like I CAN HELPING and he's just making the FP hard to hit while crawlers eat me alive.

With the husk cannon the firebug is just vaporising FPs before they get a chance to hit anyone. Before that weapon came out I always felt guilty when I accidentally flame-raged a scrake or pounder who surprised me. Unless I run in to stumble them off a team member, then it's the sharpies fault for letting it get that close.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

Yeah, I think a nerf is guaranteed. I've never run out of ammo with it, so maybe they'll just do a massive drop on that? It's not nearly as devastating on HoE, but I hope they don't base their weapon capabilities on that level of difficulty.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I know I'm a lovely player but I don't think I'm actually detrimental to the team!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

The resist system has pretty much not existed for absolutely ages now, but I couldn't really tell you what's changed since a year ago. More maps, guns and enemies and a new game mode.

As to the Abomination, all I can hear him say now when he spawns is "Boner - petite!" like he's casting judgement.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

Upgrading seems to add just a sliver to the damage output and people no longer hand out dosh at the end of each wave, so I'm not a huge fan.
Looks like the higher-tier weapons get a 10% upgrade boost to damage. Hard to say if that's helpful or not depending on how the numbers compare to zed HPs. 10% might not be enough to reduce the number of shots needed to kill the bigger ones.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I still feel that upgrading gives you something to burn off your excess dosh mid-game to bump up your lower-tier weapons, which means you aren't sharing that money with the team.

A fully-upgraded M79 is still only doing half as much damage as the RPG (an upgraded RPG takes 3 head-shots to kill a top-level Fleshpound, which is the same as an un-upgraded one, if you're interested. Bear in mind I didn't factor in any skill bonuses.)

Your base pistol costs 3,500 to fully upgrade to double-damage (50 dam/shot) which is nothing to be sneezed at, and given the weight (2 if dual-wielding) is probably a great investment if you have the spare money as I don't think it gets heavier as you upgrade. The SCAR is doing 67 after spending similar money but also weighs 7.

After all that I think I've convinced myself there are opportunities for a smart load-out of upgraded and base weapons. Boosting your top-tier stuff is probably just an excuse to get rid of dosh, unless the numbers are very different when you factor in perk/skill bonuses.
But that's also more than enough spreadsheeting for a game that lets me launch zed torsos into the air, so I'll be doing more of that instead of busting out the calculator.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I wish the 3 secret switches revealed something more amusing in the Alchemist's Room. I don't expect anything game-altering, but something animated would have been cooler.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

That "Up, Up and Away" game mode where zeds will inflate as you hit them and then when they die they float away and explode? There needs to be a very small percentage of Bloats that instead of exploding, they jet across the map randomly like a deflating balloon and then explode.
This Cyber Revolt event is pretty underwhelming. I've yet to see any cosmetics that are interesting, and some of them don't even clip properly with the cyber costumes. The new map doesn't fit the theme in any way, but I'm not sure if they did in past events.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

New event has kicked off, with a new map, objective mode and a couple of new weapons, and if you're into that sort of thing -> another prestige level. I hear they will run another extended free weekend soon, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Zp2mtFfn-c

(At the very end of that video you also get a sneak-peek at a few more weapons that presumably are coming soon.)

I'll be honest - this update is nothing special. I mean, any new stuff is great but it's all more of the same we've seen before. I've no idea what I would rather see though. New boss or other zeds? More dynamic levels?
Still, being one of the few multiplayer co-op games that support 6-players, it'll still see plenty of rotation in my group of local friends.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

Theta Zero posted:

All three are weapons already in the game (.500 revolver, freezethrower, and nailgun).

That's weird then. They often drop hints in their videos, so I wonder what those mean?

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

Father Wendigo posted:

I'm asking for *consistent* VA work. The new voiceover that plays in tandem with Mrs. Decent-French-Accent keeps weaving between a poor imitations of French and Russian. She's also has a very dusky voice compared to the original VA.

It would have been fine if they just wrote it as a completely new Horzine employee who grew a conscience, but in doing both it just sounds kinda rear end. Also the voice acting in the base game is pretty good in spite of the game's budget, so :shrug:

That person is Dr Ogada Buyu and she's African so you could certainly get some French overtones to her accent, but I'm no linguist.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

Abandoned Toaster posted:

The Matriarch is absolutely terrifying in open areas and when you first fight her unaware of what she can do. Her Tesla shock bounces to multiple players bunched up and her plasma cannon will eat through your entire armor and health in literally seconds. Fortunately, since she stops to fire so often ducking behind cover or around corners is the best way to fight her until her cannon breaks, then she becomes more manageable. I also swear she has a slightly lower spawn rate than the other bosses because it took forever to get the 10 kills.

Out of the dozen or more boss fights I've had since she was introduced, I've seen the Matriarch only once so I can't see myself getting enough kills on her before the seasonal event ends. However, there's been some talk on that as you can see:

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

Just adding a tentacle beard to every boss fought on that map would work, and be funny.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

The Christmas theme is the same zed reskins they do every year, but no similarly-themed map. To be fair, they probably blew their load with having Gary Busey voice Santa for a dedicated map a year or two ago.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I've started running my server with friendly fire set to 100% and the health thrower melts your buddies real quick.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

The Spring update has just dropped, weighing in at 6.2GB and adding a new map, 2 weapons, and a bunch of bug fixes. It's also double XP and increased loot drops until the end of the month.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

My friends and I play on Hard but with friendly fire set to 1.0 and that makes for a very different game. I just wish the game tracked FF stats so we could see who was the biggest careless psycho.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

New seasonal event with a new map and some weapons. The new map is huge and crazy easy to get lost in. Set in the London underground, and features Hell obelisks that you can use to briefly swap some health for damage and speed upgrades.
Looks great.

https://store.steampowered.com/newshub/app/232090?emclan=103582791434017605&emgid=2807388822890757099

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

Can you reload mines by sucking up bloat bile off the floor?

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

girl dick energy posted:

Yeah, okay. Even more than a month of regular play, I still pretty much just treat "clear this map on HoE" dailies as impossible.

Think I'd need a regular group on a voice chat that doesn't suck to do it anything like consistently.

I ignore the dailies that are HoE (well, I did back when I used to play it a lot) as it was too much hard work and end with failure too often. Especially when the rewards are really nothing.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I want to see the character models have physic-y danglies on them rather than being completely rigid, and the same for the level geometry. Not just boxes that can be pushed around, but things swaying in the wind or from explosions. Don't have to be destructible terrain, but some reaction.

Speaking of boxes and stuff, having the body parts and other objects server-side so all players see the same stuff would be nice from a "come take a look at where this corpse ended up!" perspective.

One thing I really want that they could do right now is for the "up up and away" weekly game mode. Every now and again rather than inflate and then explode in the air, a Bloat should deflate rapidly with a farty balloon noise and jet about before exploding. Because I'm a child and it would make me laugh.

If I kill a zed then their vocals should stop. I also wish that headless zeds would stop homing in on me. And don't tell me to fix myself up if all that happened was I lost 3% armour by the end of the wave. I don't look terrible at all!

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

drrockso20 posted:

To be frank most maps have little to no good cover to hide from that drat thing, she's just a badly made boss

Really? I've always found a van or rock or kiosk I can loop around and block her ranged attacks. If you run her around in the correct direction you can even shoot at her while she's trying to plasma you.

And above, for moonbase you really need to stop jumping around during a matriarch fight, as she will liquefy you if you're caught in mid-air.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

/\ Agreed - I didn't get that vibe at all, and one of the guys I play it with is super Christian, so you'd think his bible-sense would have been tingling.

I've got 1600 hours in KF2, mainly because it's one of the few co-op games that I can play online with my 5 other gaming friends. When more games support that many players then maybe I'll move away a bit, but they are thin on the ground. 4 players is still very much the popular choice.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I've no idea if he's the default, but I sure don't remember a non-stop tirade of bible quotes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

Theta Zero posted:

That's hyperbole, a large portion of his idle and trader lines are quotes from the bible, which are both the longest lines and the lines you hear the most.

OK, I'll take your word for that. A friend plays that character all the time but I have the character chatter turned all the way down so don't really hear anything. I pulled up a video of all the dialogue but it goes for 25 minutes and when I jumped through it I only heard one line that sounded like a bible quote.

Anyway, my point essentially is that I never got any sort of Christian focus vibe from the game but I'm also pretty unobservant. I get more of a satanic feel from it, really, considering some of the stuff you see in the maps.