Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
drat Akumos' server is full, anyone else got one going? Really struggling to get into a game with a goon friend

Edit: Questioner/Turnways, Whats the appid for the dedicated server? I'll try and get one running. I have some experience using steamcmd to run dedicated servers for other games but if you have any notes too that would be much appreicated!

edit edit: aha the appid is 232130

Ahdinko fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Apr 21, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
I got a party going but you need to get into a match with a friend on an existing server :(

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY

alg posted:

My server is up.

Best Friend City

68.232.179.114:7787

Private server for now.

I'm in! Love you alg!

http://www.twitch.tv/ahdinko/

Ahdinko fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Apr 21, 2015

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY

Questioner86 posted:

I read all the posts and feedback in this thread and then I compile them into a document that I take to the daily live team meetings and we all put them up on the big screen and laugh at all the dumb virgins who think they know about games.

No, but really. We read all of this poo poo and we take it to heart but we've got a list as long as your arm at this point so don't take it personally when we don't make the thing you want into video game magic because we were busy trying to get the game working on people's laptops or whatever.

Hey Questioner, here is the UI bug I told you about yesterday with the menu xp bars not matching the store xp bar (unless that thing in the store top right isnt an XP bar in which case silly me)
these screenshots were about 5 seconds apart:

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY

closeted republican posted:

Support feels like the best class so far. It's great for multikills and is by far the best class for quickly dealing a lot of damage to tough enemies and Hans. Once you get a few levels in it, you can really shred through groups of enemies with the increased penetration. The only issue is with ammo, but picking off trash from a distance with the 9mm is a big help for conserving ammo.

I'm not really sold on Zerk ATM. The only advantage it has over support is being able to tank with parry (which I haven't gotten used to yet).

I got the supplier perk last night and its a great help in the later rounds. I can only imagine that 5 supports using supplier with 1 field medic would be the most OP thing ever. It'd basically give each player 180 AA-12 shells every round, plus whatever you can scavenge off the floor

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
Use the matchmaker, the server browser was awful for me and was just showing me lots of full server (and not full servers that when I tried to join them turned out to be full) but the matchmaker seems to work fine. You press play now and it doesnt say anything but 5-30 seconds later you'll just pop into a game

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
As a player of kf1 and 2, the game is fun with friends, but the amount of content right now is not enough to keep it interesting for a long period of time.
The pace of updates is pretty slow. I play once every 2-3 weeks or so with a friend, we fire up the game, ask each other whats new and dig out the announcements page to find "nothing" for the past 3 months. We then play 2 rounds, get bored and stop for the next few weeks.
Hell really when I look at "What has it got since it released 4 months ago", the answer is: Initial release hotfixes for the first 2 weeks and a new map

Questioner, I know there's much work to do and you guys have to make whole mechanics like melee, fire, etc. But dropping a small patch once every couple of weeks with like "hey heres our last 2 bug fixes/optimisations/balances/blah and a new gun/skin/whatever someone made" would go a long way to keeping players interested in your game rather than forgetting about it or abandoning it because they're not seeing it go anywhere.

Also, I don't know if this is a setting you guys can set or not, but normally when I look at my games in my steam library, if you click a game so it comes up into the big pane, it shows me like the 3 most recent announcements for that game in the little library page. KF2 doesn't have this, can you turn it on? That would also help in letting people know you're working on stuff.

Ahdinko fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Aug 12, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY

DeusExMachinima posted:

bwaaahahaha I have avoided the CS goon group like heil for the last year or two even though I have close to 1,000 hours in the game and I have no reason yet to regret that move.

e: lookin' forward to updated KF2 with goons though :cool:

You're missing out, a goonmans is a good laugh. We play comp rulseset with a few minor changes, except its on custom servers so you have some leeway to gently caress around without losing your precious ranks