Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Lemme spoil everything for you. The sickist strat and best protip of all: Shoot 'em in the head 'til they dead.

I think the main problem will be not enough servers. It might be hard to actually find an open slot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
For people in the beta, Steam store is telling me that I won't be geting KF1 or 2 becuase I already own them cause I was in the beta. I'm hesitant to pay $40, then try to deal with steam support if poo poo hits the fan. Is it safe?

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Questioner86 posted:

We're working on this weirdness with Valve right now. Wish I could say that I'm totally surprised but I'm not.

Also, can you make sure that the Digital Deluxe Edition gives the copy of KF1 as a gift so I can give it to maybe the one or two people in the world that don't already have it? Or was it how Tripwire wanted it to be?

Skoll posted:

I was in beta and never deleted it. Bought the game off Steam fine and I didn't have to download anything, let me right in. Literally the same build.
Well, did it tell you that you were not going to get KF1 or KF2 on the checkout page?

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

GenghisTron posted:

Hmm, I had the "already own KF2" beta problem thing and went ahead and bought it. It's in my library but will only download 4.6gb instead of the full 9gb. Wouldn't start up when it was finished, so deleted it and went to redownload but it's still only downloading 4.6gb. I'm using a new hard drive, so the beta files are definitely not on here still.

I have a feeling and fear I'm about to run into this issue. I bought the DDE as a gift to myself and it installed. But I had deleted my beta files in the hopes that it would solve the issues from before. Now I'm only downloading 5.5 GB apparently.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

RoadCrewWorker posted:

About to jump in for the deluxe version, but i need to know if there's some incredibly castrated German version that i'm secretly getting/going to have forced on me once further patches roll out by just going through the regular store page, because if so i'll definitely wait for someone to gift me the international version instead so i'm in the clear.

Can a dev outline what's going to happen or is that already stated somewhere?

As far as I know the last thing I've read about it was this note on the store page at the very bottom of the description.

quote:

NOTE: It is quite likely that there are some regions where we may be required to make cuts in the future, particularly in the gore system, to comply with local ratings boards, once we get the game into its full release status. Regions most likely at risk of this are Germany (via USK) and Australia (via OFLC). Japan is another possibility (via CERO), but is an unknown quantity to us. To be quite clear: this means that, if you are buying from a region which regularly forces cuts on to games for gore, you may get reduced gore when we go to the full release version of the game.

Which sounds like "nothing now, but maybe in the future?"

edit: Well I'm not a dev. Sorry, didn't register that with my cyst-like brain.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

StabMasterArson posted:

Well done on #1 Top Seller on Steam :)

#1 seller in less than 30 minutes at that.

But it deserves that spot. Hopefully once SEA release is sorted out, you guys can work on some quality of life stuff. Mouse sensitivity in ADS is a big one honestly, default mouse acceleration apparently is another. Maybe making it easier to find server by IP would be nice as well. I couldn't easily find a way in the browser.

Also drop the price of 1100 tier weapons or buff them since both the combat shotgun and AK-12 are bad ideas to buy.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Akumos posted:

Alright, my server has been restarted and it's running 10 Wave now. Should be a more appropriate challenge for goons on Normal and gives more exp. gl

Thank you. Also to those who are familiar to 7 wave games but not 10, they ratchet up the number of scrakes and fleshpounds by a sizeable amount, more than KF1 I think. Have fun!

EDIT: Also, if you wish to put a server into your favorites, yu have to select the server, and view the server info. theres a favorite star option thing on the window that pops up.

Broose fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Apr 21, 2015

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Accordion Man posted:

Man is just me or are the medic weapons garbage? Like I really don't remember running out of ammo so quickly in 1 and medic was my class.

Medic shotgun is honestly one of the best guns in the game. Carry as many guns as you can. Ammo does run out quick.

Unlike KF1, I don't sell off my low-tier weapons until I literally don't have room for them anymore. They are more useful as another ammo pool than the 100 dosh you get from them.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Super Dude posted:

Do we have any more servers than Akumos's? His is full. :(

ALG has a server at the top of page 8. There is another somewhere on that page as well I think.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Does anyone know how to find servers using an IP? I can't find any option to do so in the browser. I blame you Turnways.

quote:

holy poo poo the characters talk a lot
There is actually an option in the audio menu for that.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Okay, so either

Drakenel posted:

One thing I've noticed, is really bad lag between rounds. I've even had a crash once. what I notice is that as soon as it unsticks is that a different audio clip plays. the fact that all the stutters happen in the first few rounds and hardly at all in the later ones lead me to believe it's all the squawking done by players and the shop lady. I take it the audio is not pre-loaded, judging from this. And when someone says something new mid-round, the stutter can be lethal.
This is happening to some servers very often.

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Yes and no. There are servers, there's even goon special servers, but everything is hosed with connection issues.

Or you need to get a refund on your server.

I can't tell if it is the server's problem or the voice clips. Sometimes hiccups happen mid-round, but mostly the huge think-someone-just-disconnected-your-internet hangups are mid-trader. Maybe something to do with DJ skully voice files since he's the new variable?

I've gone multiple games without issue. Never once had loading issues in beta. But now after the round ends and the really short celebratory time comes a super long disconnect and load for the next map. It is super annoying.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Brackhar posted:

Making one now.

There are already two. Mostly it's just hop on the goon servers when there are slots free. Currently there are three servers. alg has one thats on page 8, but he's never said what the pass is.

Old KF1 goon group is http://steamcommunity.com/groups/GoonsontheKillingFloor
New KF2 one is http://steamcommunity.com/groups/KF2goons

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Drakenel posted:

I've had moderate success killing hans. Anywhere where there's cover and a good number of corners to slip around is good, as it lets you avoid his guns and it's a bit easier to just round a corner to dodge his grenades. he chases someone, just run after and unload your buckshot up his butt till he chases you.

Especially in his last phase, if he decides to chase someone with his melee attacks he will stick at it until that person is dead usually. You got to do enough damage to get his attention or get another person between him and his target it seems. Either of those two seem to make him break off early.

Propaganda Hour posted:

Honestly, my only complaint is that I wish I titled the thread "Press B to pay respects"

Thread needs a rotating title.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Lemon Curdistan posted:

That, or I'd be okay with seeing the M4 and double barrel swap tiers. Make the M4 a Mossberg that has a smaller magazine but fires semi-auto with the same damage, and buff the hunting shotgun's damage so it's delivers a much bigger spike of damage like it did in KF1.

I was thinking the same thing pretty much. The Combat shotgun weighs and costs way too much for what you get. I'd rather have a SG 500 over it.

However, I'm also in love with a cheap yet powerful boomstick. If we were going to make it cost 1100, it has to either have a major damage boost per pellet or a couple more pellets to extend its optimal range a tiny bit since the spread makes even the alt fire not so effective at killing anything above clots and crawlers past short range.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Tripwire, please consider adding in SIG SG 550 rifle variants for commando (or sharpshooter) when you get the chance.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Taffer posted:

I did this exact thing. Clicking a perk in the menu shouldn't change it instantly.

As long as you don't exit back to the game when looking at a different perk, it won't change.

Always make sure to highlight your original perk before exiting the menu or else it will change, and you won't get a second chance until next shop period.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
A miniature trophy system hat that targets crawlers and gibs them mid leap.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Mindblast posted:

After a couple rounds I sometimes get this odd bug where disco flashes start throwing about. It's not the card overheating/failing because it happens in a way that suggests it is the engine that has the issue. The lights that pop in for a sec can have any color of the rainbow and will properly reflect off whatever they are shining on. This is on a r9 270 with an 2500K.

I'm having this same issue. Same CPU I think, but a 7870 HD. I only noticed it yesterday night, but my card isn't even going above 60 Celsius at the most long and intensive times. I'm glad it isn't my card dying. I found that the only way to make it go away for any length of time was to restart my PC altogether.

Require More Fire posted:

So Goon Floor 2 and Goon Squad aren't showing up on the in-game server list but they do show in the Steam server list. They're both joinable, so not sure why the in-game server browser isn't picking them up.

Did they update?

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Ramsus posted:

Suicidal please. Hard is so yesterday.

I've yet to be on the hard goon servers and even make it to Hans before the wipe. People are still getting used to the game.

First thing I do in biotics lab is toss grenades in that area. Both to watch and clear it out cause I know every pubbie is going to be holding up there even though it is a terrible place to be.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Penpal posted:

Killing Floor 2 Graphical bug: https://youtu.be/f5MiIlTfJpU

I recorded this myself last night with my phone, didn't have any recording software installed. My 7970 is fine, worked well in KF2 before this glitch, and a game restart fixed it. It started sudddenly on the Lab map after some grenades were tossed.

edit: forgot to mention it happened to my bro, too, we both have 7970's and were in the same match.

This is exactly what is happening to me as well. It got really bad when Hans showed up and started tossing grenades one time, but I just assumed it was just chance since it was already happening before the boss wave. I have a 7870.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Were you ever able to shoot through teammates in KF1 with guns like the assault rifles? I could have sworn you could but it has been a long while. I've noticed that most of the time I'm unable to save teammates from clots and crawlers because the teammates body stops the bullet completely.

Also do bullets in real life travel this slow? It feels like I have to lead cyst walking perpendicularly only 3 or so game-meters (basically from the middle of biotics lab/water room to one of the sets of stairs) away an inordinate amount.

Broose fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Apr 25, 2015

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Require More Fire posted:

The game has developed a weird issue for me where when I hit my button for Voice it ducks all the game sound and music down and doesn't come back up proper until I restart. This just started today. Any ideas?

Windows does that stuff automatically sometimes. There is an option to turn it off the auto ducking somewhere. I can't remember or seem to be able to find it on my laptop though.

Insert name here posted:

Is there any way to add servers to your favourites without finding them in the server browser? I played on DreamShipWrecked's server for a bit but it doesn't show up in my history to add and I didn't see a way to do it while on the ready up screen.

Not at this time it doesn't seem so. Best bet is to turn off all your filters and then refresh. Then sort by name. ~ comes after Z. So just hit the name thing twice. The server list wont sort things in real time, so your have to re-order it by clicking one of the sorting options. Just press "name" a lot.

Broose fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Apr 25, 2015

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Section Z posted:

I have not noticed bullet travel times being an issue myself, where are people having troubles with this? The most I've had is sometimes in zed time the slow-mo throwing off my instinctive leading expectations and just barely missing a spinning gorefast's head.

Unrelated, the most visually disorienting thing in the game to me, is how much extra wobble there is on your rifle (Every single commando weapon, for example) when you try to ironsight immediately after a weapon switch, particularly during Zed time. "Oh there's a Siren off in the distance, I'll switch to my Scar and pop their head off...am I having a seizure? My scope doesn't shake this much when I'm getting hit by an attack".

You can seamlessly scope in so often, even after a reload, that it's really off-putting when suddenly your arms wildly swerving your gun around like it's trying to escape from your face in that situation. It's probably the sort of thing I figure not many will have really noticed or cared about, but would suddenly flip their poo poo over once sharpshooter gets released.

Not so much that it is in the way and I absolutely can't deal with it. It's more of a surprise. If tripwire modeled realistic bullet speeds then I'd say I never knew bullets traveled so, relatively, slow. I mean, a cyst is dodging bullets aimed at his head not more than a second's sprint away just by stumbling slowly in a direction.

Also, yeah that super wobble is really weird. I've never had the time to see if it actually ever stops myself, I just give up and re-aim.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Musluk posted:

Not me, getting a little sideways movement is easy enough in open spaces and if I'm holding a chokepoint I want the horizontal default swing.

Ed: Then again I don't think I'll play zerker much. I didn't play that much zerker on KF1 either, gimme firebug, gimme commando.

Your post is breaking my mind. Do you mean you want vertical strikes on choke points?

Personally, I'd like being able to default to horizontal swings cause they feel faster than the overhead. But I don't play with berzerker and only used the shovel and hammer a smattering of times in the beta.

Nothing quite as satisfying as chopping the heads off of three clots at once in slow mo and then watching them all have different dying animations.

Dr. VooDoo posted:

The Slasher will also break into a sprint after getting damaged but not killed and doesn't spawn in groups like every other zed from what I've seen. Slashers seem to spawn away from everything and have a habit of ending up behind players to catch them by surprise

I've noticed bundles of 5 slashers in hard games. Or was it suicidal? I can't remember, but only noticing a lot less cysts compared to normal. Could just have luck of the draw however.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
In KF1, yeah. KF2 is definitely all projectile. You gotta lead with rifles and pistols.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Insert name here posted:

Actually in KF1 it's always hitscan no matter what. It's really obvious when it goes into ZED Time while playing Commando and you fire one bullet and the zed's head pops instantly while the tracer effect slowly makes it's way over and doesn't even hit where you were aiming.

But yeah I want to say that it's all projectile in KF2.

Even the shotguns in KF1? Cause All my experience with trying to deal with crawlers on the overpass on west london using a shotgun tells me they are projectile.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Section Z posted:

Can anyone confirm how many 9MM shots to a clot's head it takes across difficulties and team sizes? Normal solo and Normal multiplayer I never noticed needing more than one 9mm shot to pop the heads off of clots, but this could just be my brain filtering out those extra shots. Meanwhile, if you load up Solo Hard, it now takes TWO 9mm shots to the skull to kill clots and slashers (still one shot with a medic pistol, so now it's somewhere above 15, but below 20 damage to pop a skull). Does 6 player normal make that difference and I've just never noticed somehow? Or do clots etc always take a single 9mm to the skull to take down on Normal regardless of player count, while hard ramps it up.

I'd like some hard, datamined numbers as well because I'm in the same boat. It feels like it takes two shots to pop a clot on hard 6 man vs the 1 shot on normal 6 man. I know they said that they are not increasing health between difficulties, but it really does feel like there is a slight boost there.

edit: maybe instead of boosting total hp, increased difficulty just increased head HP?

Broose fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Apr 26, 2015

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Geight posted:

Realtalk though the game is more fun without Sharpshooter in general. It's gonna be real boring to hear the chainsaw rev and angry scream of a Scrake spawning followed by the sound of a Scrake head exploding from a single shot.

The real way to play sharp shooter was to use pistols only anyways. Tripwire, if You don't add in some british cowboy knockoff with the gunslinger perk, I'm gonna be pissed.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
If there were a few things I'd change about the enemies it would be such:

-Crawlers crumble more to the ground when dead so they don't look alive still. Make their arms noclip into their bodies or something.
-Cysts have unique fumbling over stuff animations and ragdolls while everything else learns to path around stuff that will make them jump 5 feet in the air instantly(Or code in a way to make them not do that somehow), something that gives it a windup so you know its going to happen would be nice, block bloats from it completely though.
-Lower the tankpack on the husk so I can shoot it's head from behind. Maybe give the tank it's own HP and make it explode upon 0.
-Differentiate the fleshpound's show up sting a bit more from the Scrakes. For some reason I can't really tell them apart unless I hear the chainsaw noise of the scrakes sting.
-When a group of pure normal clots spawn, please add the music "No chance in Hell" Specifically at the 36 second mark.
-One of Gorefast's attack animations hits you instantly. It looks like he just wiggles his shoulders a bit for a backhand swipe. It doesn't look like the blade would hurt you on the windup.
-Headless enemies track you way too well for being sensory deprived.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

The fact that all the gifs posted in the last few pages haven't been posted in the OP is a god damned shame. They basically show why this game is awesome.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Insert name here posted:

:agreed: except also probably have to lower the price too slightly in that case because otherwise it still won't see much use.

You'll pry that boomstick out of my cold dead hands before I replace it with a wussy semi-auto. Once I see that semiauto make enemies do backflips after taking off their head but before they splat against the opposite wall, then we'll talk.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Section Z posted:

It's one of those things that sounds cool, and looks cool, but then you just find it more annoying than anything the 10th time you find yourself unable to move because a crawler is sitting there at your ankles, while to your side you can see a bloat teleporting 20 feet vertically because NPC's can just bypass entire stairwells.

And it should always be mentioned how ankle high obstacles and untraversable when mentioning enemy rail jumping. A good example of this is the height of the railings next to the plants at the lobby entrance of Biotics Lab. If you are in the plants, you can't just walk on the railing even though it isn't as high as a stair. Just blocks you in like a wall.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

He's just putting DJ skully and his voice where he belongs. Thanks mr. scrake.

Why hasn't anyone edited berzerker gameplay footage with varying levels of Rules of Nature yet à la MGR?

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Will there ever be stat tracking or anything of that sort?

While I hope Tripwire has plans for it myself but that is something big enough where I bet they won't talk about it if they do.

I'd like to know how accurate I am, average damage taken, time spent with the team, etc...

Broose fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Apr 27, 2015

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Tips should be put in the OP. I've noticed a lot of new players and its :shobon: as gently caress seeing them make the same mistakes I did when kf1 came out.

#7 doesn't really apply to commandos though. The cheaper rifles give more bullets per dollar dosh than the 9mm. 9mm when a commando is for when you've made a great error when deciding to reload.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Yeah I just kinda assumed they would track you well enough to do a 180 with the attack like pretty much any other game ever.
Now I just need to stop wetting myself and run past rather than away.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Also it is good to know that it considers the buy time the start of a wave as well. So grab your ammo before the wave ends. Grabbing it during buy time stops you from grabbing more in the middle of the coming wave.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Chard posted:

I've noticed a thing where zeds will be moving steadily towards me/someone and then when the attack animation starts, they'll teleport closer to their target. It's most noticeable on Gorefasts because well they're fast already, but I've seen grabber zeds do it too. Anyone else seen this?

Noticed this too last night. Gorefasts would start their attack animation out of range, then warp a bit into range. Took me by surprise the first time. Just chalked it up to maybe the server and client being out of sync a bit.

Also:

DeusExMachinima posted:

JFC fix the zeds warping up railings and staircases Trip.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Why won't they just fiddle with the numbers on the semi-auto shotgun, or any gun for that matter? It's like they are waiting to bundle it with something else for no good reason.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

DreamShipWrecked posted:

They're already trying to shove things out the door without causing people's processors to melt from unexpected bugs; since it's not an adversarial MP game I would think balance is low on their priorities

I understand that and agree that some semblance of QA should happen, but

DoombatINC posted:

just change an 8 to a 4 guys and you're done you're done

If that causes problems beyond making the game too easy, they got more serious problems I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Also, they still haven't lengthened the victory screen time while the defeat one is still far too long! I thought they were gonna do something about that in the closed beta?