Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
I need people to play this game with. http://steamcommunity.com/id/Broose

I played on hard for the first time in a loooong time. Joined in on just before Hans. Everyone that got hit by his melee died. Everyone.

I wouldn't mind the long breaks between content updates if they would just fine tune the damage values of things in between. Is it really so labor intensive to change a couple values and push an update?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Demo needs an inate ability where its perk weapons have one less weight for him only. There, solved the demo for ya. I'll be waiting for the paycheck in the mail Tripwire. PS Make the T1 gun not poo poo will go long way as well.

Edit: Also, replace grenade supplier with reduced fuse length for m79 and RPG and give it back to support.

Broose fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Oct 18, 2015

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
I just want to say that I hate everyone who ever wanted dark maps. Totally unfun mechanic since there are not nearly enough sources of light that you can create. Nightvision is laughable and along with with flashlights (which are missing from most high tier weapons) don't last long enough.

Also give me my ammo back so I can have fun shooting things.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
What is the mushroom cloud effect caused by? I've never seen it before until yesterday.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Give demo more grenades. Let him carry RPG and grenade launcher together somehow. Fix the tier 1. Let their shots always explode on contact unless something is RIGHT in your face. Faster reloading. Make C4 easier and more practical to use, and let the Siren immunity perk apply to that.

Give demo the class ability of having on-perk weapons weigh one less. There, solved demo mostly. (Extend this to the eviscerator on Berzerker as well so people might have areason to carry that as well.)

Give grenade back to support and replace it with a perk that reduces the fuse length needed by half (or more). There now you have a perk that makes another perk somewhat more attractive (The reduced explosive damage perk. Unless it is that perk that is the other side of the siren perk. Whatever that is, is hosed.)

Broose fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Oct 22, 2015

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Speaking of gibs blocking shots, I wish that they wouldn't block even bullets. More than one time I've had shots blocked by flying crawler torsos during zed time, or crawlers using their dead brothers as meat shields. Very annoying.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Not feeling the CS:GO weapon skin rejects, but the ones with actual effort put into them are pretty nice, like the vietnam blooper and pacific theater shotgun. All the hats are awesome though.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Mr. Foster walks into a bar. The bartender says: "Why the long face?"

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Might as well just put a limit on the amount of armor darts can heal to. Being unable to use a perk (or skill, or whatever) because someone is at full health would suck.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Who at tripwire decided that "Sensitivity" and "Zoom Sensitivity" need to be different numbers when the slider is at the same point on both? That is just messed up. I WANT NAMES FOR THIS TRANSGRESSION! Seriously, think about fixing this to be less confusing. I just want my sensitivity to be the same zoomed and not.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Questioner86 posted:

I'm digging into a lot of crashes that have gotten reported since the update dropped using our bugsplat tool.

I'm seeing a lot of crashes that are attributable to out of date drivers and PhysX libraries that get updated when you update drivers.

So, what I'm saying is that you should check to make sure your drivers are up to date for your video card while I look into these crashes and see which ones we can fix on our end.

Please make the sensitivity and zoom sensitivity sliders display the same numbers for the same ... sensitivity.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
New patch just dropped. Did they nerf everything into the ground so soon? Don't see a news post about it.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Ragdoll effects when you kill zeds with these pistols should never change. I love my deagle and I am glad it is back.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
I really wish they would balance around spawn rates and amounts more than nerfing skills and weapons into the ground and learn the meaning of the word "moderation" beyond their forums. I like to kill zeds. Killing zeds if a LOT of fun. I think they should try to maximize zed death in relation to weapons and skills "carrying capacity of zed death" rather than the other way around. Having to worry about ammo beyond the top tier stuff for top tier baddies is not that fun when it is really strained. Should have enough to finish a wave comfortably if I wasn't wasting entire mags one one large group. Healing skills should be able to keep up with the game.

Tokubetsu posted:

The new 9mm sound is horrible. Like really really bad. Why did they change it?

Probably to give it a popgun noise to go with it's popgun damage.

Is it just me or is there a lack of tracers with the old-timey revolvers?

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Did they do something to recoil mechanics? Bullets are coming out of my gun at 45 degree angles at times and it is really weird looking.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
After another couple games playing with gunslinger, the 1911 really sounds out of place. Like the bass is jacked up to max but the treble is low. It sounds so hollow yet it tries to bassy.

Now however I like to buy a 500 and use that to deal with sirens as a commando. Pops their head in one shot on normal at least. Haven't had a chance to play on a hard server yet.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
So was pubbing it up on forest, was fun but uneventful until patty spawned. He got stuck on the rock's invisible walls, just like I do, trying to get at someone. He was stuck there until he decided to run away. Felt bad for him cause those invisible walls around rocks on that map seem to stick out too far, or not allow you to walk over small bits, which gets you cornered real easy.

Anyways, he's on his last legs, patty stops points his gun up in the air and fires fireballs into the air. It's loving Armageddon for about 5 seconds. Explosions everywhere! My screen is constantly shaking and I was lucky to be standing in an area that didn't get too saturated with flaming death. Someone got vaporized real quick for standing in the wrong area and didn't move fast enough. It was awesome.

Then he died, cause it is normal and everyone was pretty competent.

Edit: I haven't gotten a single drop other than the one way mentioned in the thread. It was some kind of "crate" USB I guess. Sold it for $6.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Psion posted:

I got a ski mask. :geno:

If the drops are similar to other games expect a few days between drops + a few hours playtime required

Things this update got right:
Gunslinger is usable at level 0, unlike basically all earlier classes
Gunslinger balance seems decent - but I'm low level so we'll see
revolver twirling

When tripwire finds time, they really should implement continuous twirling by rapidly pressing the reload button. :ocelot:

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Takes No Damage posted:

How do you sell drops? I don't see my yellow bandana in my Steam inventory, or any way to market it in-game...

Also TW please move the flashlight source up and to the left/right so it looks like it's actually on our shoulders now and not strapped to the middle of our faces. One of the Brutal Doom mods does this and it adds a surprisingly immersive feeling for how simple a change it is.

If you want to troll your own forums you could even make it so the character has to actually reach over to turn it on and off, interrupting firing their weapons for a brief moment. The pubbie tears, I can imagine them now :getin:

It should be in your inventory under killing floor 2. Mine was. Then I had to log in to my steam email to finalize it.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Has it always been that when firing automatics from the hip, the bullets will sometime go off center directed upwards? It looks like the bullets are coming out at odd angles for a split second then return to normal. Really messes things up when trying to use the medic smg cause you pull down compensate, but then your bullets start going straight again and now you are shooting at feet. I don't remember ever seeing it ever before.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
What should the commando have: Recoil reduction or Zed Time Extension?

Time extension seems like something that would go with the John Woo style cool-ness of gun slinger. So yet another reason why commando should get recoil reduction.

If commando ended up as a main quality of life improver for a team, I think that would be cool. That would give it more of a reason to be played verses firebug or gunslinger.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
I'm pretty sure they are forced to low because of instability issues at the moment.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Flex tech makes nice puddles of viscous fluids when turned on. And everything sprays blood everywhere. Decapped enemies became fountains if I can remember. It's been a while.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Question for the expert demos: Do you shoot at scrakes?

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
I want to play in the mythical group that has even a group of gorefasts handled.

Theta Zero posted:

Yes. Scrakes take 3x impact damage from rockets and die in three rocket headshots. It's really easy to solo Scrakes but it costs a lot of ammo. It's safe to shoot at it to take a massive chunk out of its health while your teammates are focusing on it, though. It also will always get knocked down on the first direct head hit if you have the stumble perk at level 20.

This sounds incredibly unrealistic to do in practice. Edit: 3 rocket headshots I mean.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Speaking of Callout, is it just my game, or does it seem like it can't decide if it should show stalkers or not?

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Professor Cthulhu posted:

The gunslinger is a lot of fun. Patriarch is a lot of fun. This new patch is a lot of fun.

Other people can't see me twirl guns though: 0/10.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Psion posted:

Yeah I don't see that idea scaling on all difficulties considering, but we'll probably test it whether we want to or not haha :shrug:

if there was a weapon-based way to interrupt Hans this would be nice. Having to get close to a guy who can two-hit you in as many seconds isn't a level of risk:reward that's acceptable outside a LAN - latency alone makes that a nonstarter.

btw here's the mask. It's like a bobblehead mask.

I don't know why, but I have a hard time with trying to shoot at zeds infront of teammates. Like, trying to shoot a clot's or gorefast's head above someone's shoulder is nearly impossible. The bullet just kind of disappears when it gets near a player. I wish sometimes for a option to turn off bullet collision on players, but realize how that could be seriously exploitable.

edit: the point is I'm gonna hate trying to cover anyone who has this.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
I haven't been able to play the game for the past 5 days. Have people gotten their second real drops yet?

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Speaking of the chest weakpoint I don't really find it all that useful as a weak point. It's constantly guarded because he's charging or just really odd to shoot at when he's up in your grill. I find the head much easier to shoot at at all times with him. So pretty much the only time I've got a clear shot at his chest weak point is when he isn't enraged and is far enough back, and that doesn't last long at all. And if it has the same damage modifier as the head, then why bother at all?

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
I just play as Masterson (?) and pretend that every time he calls a zed a bloody scrote when spamming insult zed I'm actually calling my teammates that. That's my "KF2 lacks feature workaround" story, thanks.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Speaking of maps, why the heck do servers run timbo perk training? That perk training map with the anime on the walls (super perk training?) with a bunch of easter eggs is not only more interesting to look at, but it also works! Zeds don't get pushed out of the kill box constantly, it has infinite weapon spawns for each perk. But no servers run it for some reason.

gently caress timbo.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
I really like the double barrel. And I've never saw much fault with it. But now that you mention it, it really should be able to take out a siren at close range with both barrels.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Personally, I think that if your team gets wiped out and it's one person left and the boss isn't in the last phase, your team deserves to loose. But it's kinda cool to see someone come from behind and pull a win out at the last second. Maybe if boss HP dynamically changed as people died to a lower amount (on a delay), but his power grows to compensate, but not his speed through. You avoid his attacks, you stay alive and it doesn't take 40 minutes to kill the boss. Someone, player or boss, dying quicker should be a focus to bring an end to the game. Course good luck avoiding the melee. That'd need to be addressed.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Tripwire might have planned to have a exemplary EA release to be looked upon as a gold standard, but that clearly hasn't happened. It has been varying between lackluster and outright bad though. Content updates schedules that rival small modding teams that bit off more than they can chew. Poor balancing or not well thought out skills on classes initial release and the EXTREMELY slow process of fixing those problems. Implementing features that would require MORE balancing and tweaking than their base game (which still needs balancing and tweaking) when they already have proven incapable of do such things does not inspire hope.

Berzerker getting fixed was nice, and probably the best thing they did. Unfortunately, it took an (or more?) entire content release to do so.

Versus was a thing talked about a tiny bit before EA release, wasn't it? They didn't go into specifics, but they did say they had plans other than co-op, right? Though I'd had rather seen a return of the the long mission maps than versus.

Stanley Pain posted:

The irony in this post is very, very sweet.

Come on dude. Half of Tripwire's advertisement of the EA release was boasting that they would do EA right when everyone was wary of EA for good reason. They sure have done better than some and good on them for not dropping the ball completely, but their performance has been lackluster otherwise.

I don't know what happens to developers when they have something in EA, but it seems like workflow slows to a crawl. I couldn't imagine a game being in development behind doors moving at the same slow pace as some EA titles.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
That's probably the worst thing about commando. A single bullet will pop the head but then you got to spend another 3 finishing it off before it can walk up to someone and attack. There is no such thing as popping a gorefast over someone's shoulder and saving them from damage. And since gorefasts are a staple common trash zed, this happens. All. The. Time. I hope it's up there on their list of "poo poo to fix."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
RIP Killing Floor. You were fun while you lasted.