Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe
Actually, in-game custom music integration like audiosurf or crypt of the necrodancer would be pretty neat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe
Sorry if I misunderstood, but does the deluxe content show up right away if you buy it? I bought the deluxe edition but my copy didn't download anything extra.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe
What's the difference between fullscreen and borderless? Which one should I use?

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe
Does the supplier thing work once per wave? Like, you get one ammo pack from the support person in wave 1 and then you can get another during wave 2, etc?

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe
Killing Floor 2 is the daily deal today for 15% off.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe
What's the generally accepted strategy to deal with fleshpounds? I know nothing so I'd like to read up on this.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe

She Bangs the Drums posted:

support, beserkers, and demos gang up to take him down with medic dumping healing darts while commando and firebug sweeps to prevent trash from overwhelming them. Commmando can go full auto in an emergency. Firebugs can gang up on Skrakes because Skrakes are weak to fire

Are fleshpounds weak to explosives in KF2 like they were in the first game? What should a zerk do against an FP exactly? I didn't realize scrakes are weak to fire now, that's neat.

LuciferMorningstar posted:

They are weak to explosives and piercing damage, and resist basically all other damage types. They've also got a bunch of health and do a substantial amount of damage. They charge when they're angry, and they're often angry, so... Anyway, viable approaches:

Berserker with Pulverizer - Pulverizer does explosive damage with heavy attacks. Aim for the head. If you've got Smash, you can knock the Pound to the ground for a few seconds.

Berserker with Zweihander - Zweihander's tertiary poke attack does piercing damage. Aim for the head and spam it. Between the range of the Zwei and the piercing bonus, you can stab at the Pound while backing away and basically solo the whole encounter that way.

Demo with RPG/C4: Have a teammate (Zerk) tank while you fire off explosions.

If all else fails: Have someone tank while everyone else unloads. Even before Berserker was super-good and before we had Demo, Pounds were manageable. AA12s work sufficiently well, as does the Microwave Gun. The only real thing is that you can't expect to solo a Pound without some real effort. Most classes really aren't well-equipped to do it by themselves. And that's okay. Work together.

That's awesome! Thanks. What are the generally accepted ways of dealing with scrakes for now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe

LuciferMorningstar posted:

Scrakes aren't weak to fire, they're weak to Microwaves. From the Microwave Gun. Firebugs can almost solo 6-man HOE Scrakes with that thing. If you're being careful, have a Berserker tank while Firebug does its thing. Or just have a Firebug or two magdump their Microwaves into the Scrake. It'll literally take a second or three for the Scrake to melt. Good Berserkers can mostly solo Scrakes as well, but things get a little dodgy when the Scrakes rage out. Much safer to just have a Berserker play bait while other teammates assist with the kill.

What does a good zerker have to do against a scrake?