Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daily Forecast
Dec 25, 2008

by R. Guyovich
So I googled it and it seems like the "special edition" comes with a skin and who the gently caress cares? Is there even any other reason to get it?

Loved KF1 but stopped playing it after a little bit, so I'm probably gonna drop the money on this tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daily Forecast
Dec 25, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Bought it, played a couple rounds. Fun as anything. Pretty much plays like KF1 with a graphical update but there's literally nothing wrong with that.

Anybody else notice that Scrakes and Fleshpounds are a lot less threatening this time?

Daily Forecast
Dec 25, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Section Z posted:

I swear my ability to click heads is inversely proportional to how important it is to click heads.

Christ this is exactly my experience as Commando. I 'mained' Sharpshooter in KF1 so I'm just gonna play Commando until it drops. I can put exactly one bullet into each head of a pack of clots and gorefasts but put a scrake in front of me and I forget entirely how to play videogames.

Daily Forecast
Dec 25, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Some rear end in a top hat welded me into a room with a fleshpound, alone. I died.

You're fine as long as you're not that guy. gently caress that guy.

Playing Commando, I usually use the bullpup until I can afford a SCAR, and I completely skip the whatever that other thing is, I don't even remember. Is that worth doing? Is it also worth carrying a double barrel as a commando? It seems to help against Scrakes and Fleshpounds, but is there a better loadout I should be using?

Daily Forecast
Dec 25, 2008

by R. Guyovich
I guess I'm the only one who actually likes Commando? I feel like a well-played Commando (key words, there) can be a great addition to the team simply because he saves everybody else ammo, and can then redistribute all the mad dosh he's getting to the players who need it. Takes some coordination, yeah. But I tried playing Support and I found myself running out of ammo while on Commando I'd still be happily popping heads and extending slow-mo long afterwards. I'm finding it hard to see Commando as really underpowered.

I also feel like Call Out (or whatever?) is absurdly useful on any difficulty higher than normal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daily Forecast
Dec 25, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Fullhouse posted:

I just want Icebreaker

Oh poo poo, I completely forgot about that map. Which is weird because it was probably my favorite.

Yes. This is what I want.