Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
It's nice to see to know it's technically possible, but whenever I see videos like that I'm never really impressed. Lets see it go that smoothly when there's crawlers and sirens and clots running around and garbage cans and fences to get in your way.

That said, there's custom maps already?? Are they on the tripwire forum or am I going to have to go searching?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
I'd love it if at some point they put in a reskin so when you wear the bowler hat your base melee looks like an umbrella.

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
The medic weapons remind me of the guns from borderlands. Now I want to see the borderlands gun vending machines in this game, every round a new batch of random weapons in the machines to buy.

"400% More awesome! Also horzine doesn't make their guns out of freakin' wood!"

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
Is it wrong that I like the hunting shotgun over the AA-12, like I never buy it, I just get the hunting shotgun after the first round, then just save up for a medic SMG, until the last around, then switch out for the medic lmg for the extra healing.

I never seem to run out of ammo for the hunting shotgun, and I never get caught short when reloading, since it reloads quickly and if I've just shot it, I've probably already cleared out all the zeds. Unloading both barrels into Hans, then hiding and doing it again seems really effective too.

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
Huh, I'll give that a try, I just spent a round with the Medic Smg and Shotty and the Hunting Shotgun and that was pretty fun, but I'll give the AA-12 and pistol a try!

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
I was just day dreaming about game merchandise when I was waiting to join a game, how cool would it be to get a squishy foam rubber wad of dosh that glows in the dark. "Dosh! *boink*"

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
Highest level gun slinger perk: bullets follow crosshair in zed time.

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
They haven't revealed anything for SWAT yet but when they do I hope it's tacticlol as gently caress.

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
That takes me back to good ol' soldier of fortune, it also reminds me of that Call of Duty Commercial with the secret lab. I guess it'll be a SWAT weapon?

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
In KF you could make your pipes explode by shooting them with the default handgun, I'm not sure if this was a bug or a feature. But now that you can only detonate bombs in the order you laid them down, being able to detonate groups of them under zeds by shooting at one would be pretty useful.

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
It's a shame the firebug didn't start with some sort of flaregun revolver, don't get me wrong I love the caulk thingy I just think it woulda been a pretty fun gimmick to just run around with all the handguns. :ocelot:

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
I think that the demo should get more grenades/dynamite, makes sense to me. plus throwing around dynamite is fun for some reason, I think it's watching it burn. Like the demo should almost use dynamite like it's an extra weapon rather than an emergency grenade. Give him one for every level He gains. Throw grenades dynamite like you hate them and they owe you money.

QwertySanchez fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Sep 2, 2015

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy

Zylen posted:

Can you genuinely not see a problem with giving a class 25 grenades that explode on contact?

Edit: And also deal the highest grenade damage with a knock back/stun.

Maybe a problem for the specimens. You could say I'd be having a blast.

Alright, alright, I admit I wrote that and immediately thought "maybe just one more stick of dynamite each time you can pick a new perk" and I haven't played demo long enough to actually try the dynmite with knockback/stun/exploding on contact. It mainly came from a place of being annoyed by how crappy the grenade pistol was before the update, and how limited you are with the C4. Plus throwing dynamite at things to kill them makes me feel like a badass. Thank you Blood.

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
It'd be pretty awesome if they implemented some sort of water ripple shader for when there's that much blood on the floor. It's still just a decal but make it look like you're several inches deep in blood!

or Knee deep in the dead. :doomguy:

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
I've never really liked the way the AA12 looked, before I knew it was a real gun and I saw one in a game I thought it was just some placeholder model or something, it's just a flat, black rectangle with a magazine sticking out of it. I know that It's a perfectly practical design that gets the job done as efficiently as possible. Which is why I think it has no place in KF2. We need some enormous thing with multiple barrels that spin and a shark face painted on it. A laser sight that points right into the player's eyes and an alt fire that reduces the whole gun to shrapnel launched in the direction of the zeds leaving the player holding a smoking handle.

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy

Ramsus posted:

Killing Floor had practical weapons to begin with that were fun to shoot and as true as they could make them. The weird stuff didn't come around until more recently.

That's true, I forget that when it first came out the wackiest weapon was the crossbow. Everything after the sharkpaint was me trying to be tongue in cheek though. I'd like to see a different Full autoshotgun at some time, maybe one that shoots slugs, and jack up it's penetration.

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
I don't like demo weapons needing time to arm, because as soon as anything gets close to you you're hosed. I'd quite happily take a tonne of self harm from splash damage over dying to a herd of crawlers/stalkers that suddenly dropped on me because I have to switch to my grenade pistol and hope that works, or alternatively waste several rockets thudding them impotently into each zed.

That said I have explode on contact grenades now so I guess I should try that.

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
It's a shame they can't/won't just port over the original models, the christmas ones were really good looking, plus I miss being a chicken man.

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
I hope sharpshooter or gunslinger gets some perk that stops their bullets ricocheting off parts of zeds and do damage instead. I hate it when I do my best to headshot a siren coming in from the distance only to see all the tracers go bouncing off somewhere into the distance with a clang!

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy

Alkydere posted:

Finally unlocked the Zed Shrapnel perk and oh my loving god this is the best ability. There may be more powerful abilities but this is the best! I think my favorite moment so far was spraying my MWGun into a group around a Scrake. Got 3-4 detonations which made everyone else stumble, which brought a Bloat low enough that he exploded, which brought the Scrake low enough that he exploded.

And while not as dramatic it's so very instantly satisfying to make trash detonate with a single shot of the Trenchgun.

It's saved my life a couple of times, I've been running out of ammo and trapped with a swarm of trash zeds coming towards me and suddenly one will go boom and the alley way is clear again!

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
Does anyone know if there are any plans to update the artbook with any more details now there's more stuff in the game? I'd love to see early design stuff for the firebugs weapons and the Volter Manor map.

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
It must be doable some way, I've seen quite a few people near the end of game who explode into stacks of cash all at once between rounds. Money scattering everywhere.

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
aah, here we go. Go to your My documents\My Games\KillingFloor2\KFGame\Config\ folder. open up KFInput.ini and find the section [KFGame.KFPlayerInput]

Then right at the end add

Bindings=(Name="<bind key here>",Command="<tossmoney | as many times as you want>",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)

for example.

Bindings=(Name="C",Command="tossmoney | tossmoney | tossmoney | tossmoney | tossmoney | tossmoney | tossmoney | tossmoney | tossmoney | tossmoney | tossmoney | tossmoney | tossmoney | tossmoney | tossmoney | tossmoney | tossmoney | tossmoney | tossmoney | tossmoney",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)

now whenever you hit C, you'll spit out 20 stacks of cash at once and they'll all collide with each other and it'll be chaos.. and you'll probably run out of money since that's 1,000 quid per press.

QwertySanchez fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Sep 25, 2015

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

The weapons give you a lot of versatility, too. Does your team have no Support? Pick up the shotgun and start killing some trash. No Commando? SMG or Assault Rifle.

I want a melee Medic weapon.

Replace the end of the explodey hammer with a biiiig syringe.

I love the medic weapons even though I never roll medic, garanteed head pops on trash with the pistol plus long distance healing is awesome. And the smg is a lazer drill that's even better for just taking things heads off with quick bursts of fire, and you get so much ammo for it. Whatever class I am, if I have room for the SMG I'll take it and when my main weapons run out I can always just keep going with the SMG until the end of the round.

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy

Lady Morgaga posted:

I want Gunslinger to have .50 cal handcannon very much. Piercing .50 cal handcannon.

EDIT: Also I hope that all Gunslinger weapons will be pistols. Full auto pistols, shotgun pistols, handcannon big rear end pistols. Make it possible to wield any weapon akimbo. But pistols only.

I'll be disappointed if the melee isn't just you pistol whipping everything. Or maybe one of those bolt pistols they use on livestock.

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy

Gromit posted:

The hint is in the name. You throw guns at everything.

They used to do that with the lovely SMGs Britain was making during the second world war, just throw them into a bunker and let it shart bullets everywhere. And in Borderlands 2 one of the gun brands has throwing guns away and letting them explode instead of reloading as a thing too.

It'll be like my guy on Dead Island who was built around throwing hammers at zombies until they died. And getting stupid drunk. But there's no drinking in KF2.

Yet.

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy

Zomborgon posted:

The only thing truly wrong with KF2

Making the screen go all fuzzy and making everyone's speech go up and down a bit like in Chivalry. AGAaoATHaAaooaaAOoa!

edit: but with increased damage resistance and more damage dealt with melee weapons. Lets get hammered, and then they get hammered. :black101:

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
get some of these on the magnum..

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy

Section Z posted:

I really, really hope Gunslinger can go hog wild and carry every single one of it's perk weapons.

And the medic pistol, and the grenade pistol. just running around with 16 handguns..and the boomstick.

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

Maybe SWAT should have a skill that allows them to place round-long light sources. They'll disappear after one wave, but up to five indestructible lamps would be really useful.

Maybe it could be something to buy from the trader for any class, a 1 -weight box of however many glowsticks you can toss on the ground and they'll last about 10 minutes or so, usually enough for a wave or two.

It's a shame money doesn't glow, you could light the halls up with that. :whatup:

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
I'm hoping there's a perk to let the gunslinger not need to reload in zed time. It's a pain in the butt with most guns but with weapons that only hold ~6 rounds, you'll probably end up reloading in zed time a lot.

Broose posted:

What is the mushroom cloud effect caused by? I've never seen it before until yesterday.

Radiation, one of the perks for Demo, explosions during zed time cause a nuclear explosion that does a tonne of radioactive damage over time to zeds in the proximity.

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
Handguns, oh boy, Well I don't know about the choices, they all look nice I guess. Maybe more will get added later.

Like this happy fellow, the Stechkin

It's weighted to reduce recoil because it can fire semi or full auto, it holds 20 rounds. I think going akimbo with a couple of these and letting them dump their contents into a Scrake or Fleshpound's face would probably work quite well. It fires at 750 rounds a minute, meaning it can dump all 20 rounds in just under 2 seconds.

But if you prefer revolvers for the gunslinger, behold the Lemat

It holds 8 rounds, and a single shotgun style round in that thicker barrel underneath. I'm using the term round loosely though, since they were black powder and cap-based, but you can get conversion kits apparently. Being able to hold that many bullets and handle a shotgun blast does mean it weighs about 5 pounds when fully loaded though. It was used by the confederates during the American Civil War.

and last, but not least is this ugly git. The Chiappa Rhino

you might have noticed the big holes at the top, that's because the barrel connects to the bottom of the cylinder rather than the top, apparently this was intended to reduce the amount the gun tips back when shooting by having the recoil centered closer to the wrist. It could probably make a good sharpshooter weapon then if not gunslinger. It has a rail on the top and bottom of the barrel on the largest model, so you could slap a laser or light or some sort of sight on it for sharp shooter.

QwertySanchez fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Oct 24, 2015

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
Just dropping in to post my 'Gunslinger owns bones' post.

I tend to play support or firebug cos I can't aim for poo poo, at least I thought I couldn't. I was popping heads like bubblewrap, I love the 1911s. And sending enemies flying with the SW500s. I did however have a bit of problem in solo where I got crowded easily, but That's my own fault.

Also I'm pretty sure I killed a crawler with the force of the ragdoll flying from a bodyshot clot.

I'll have to try that commando back up boost for the single guns, I haven't played commando as much as the other classes because I felt useless in later waves, but if I can at least stumble the bigger enemies with a few headshots I'll be able to hold my own a bit better.

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
All this Hans stuff is true, one of my fave servers actually doesn't have hans, you just get one more wave of a poo poo ton of husks all at once, or a bunch of scrakes.

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

I also haven't seen a single cosmetic drop yet. Are they super rare?

I had the flatcap drop for me earlier. Put it on the new biker guy and he kinda looks like Dom Deluise.

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
I have one issue with gunslinger, didn't buying a second gun in the first game give you something like 50% extra ammo for the gun? I'm sure I remember buying two hand cannons, to get the extra ammo, then just using one to make it easier to aim..

Either way it seems that I'm almost always on my last few bullets as the end of the round comes. I guess I just need to carry more guns. Also I highly recommend at the end of the first wave doing whatever you can so you can buy a single desert eagle, you can oneshot everything for the next few waves without even trying to headshot. This is on normal, but then I'm only playing as a level..4 gunslinger at this point. It's a shame though, there always seems to be a weapon on every class that straight up gets ignored. looks like it's the 1911s for gunslinger.

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy

Theta Zero posted:

The 1911s are fantastic with Gunslinger, especially with the level 10 skills where you can just instakill crawlers with them along with added piercing. Why would you think they would get ignored over the starting revolvers?

Well you kinda have to do at least one wave with the starting revolvers. I guess it's just my playstyle so far. I'll try to use the 1911s more. I always go for the Deagle after the first wave if I can afford it since I can just murder everything in wave 2 with one shot from it. As you say, their time will come once I hit level 10.

I like the new 9mm gun sounds. But then I've never shot a real gun in my life.

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
So, that one perk that increases your damage when you do headshots. Does that mean the Gunslinger does more damage on headshots with everything, cos FPS and Hans take more damage to their chest don't they? Or does the gunslinger do more damage to their heads too? where should I be aiming guys?

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy

ClonedPickle posted:

Critical, high-priority issues currently present in Killing Floor 2:

1) Holding the reload key with fully-loaded revolvers does not indefinitely spin the revolvers
2) There is no third-person animation for spinning revolvers
3) did you even playtest this??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

This is the worst thing and needs fixing pronto.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy

ropesnake posted:

I feel like callout is useless anyway regardless since at 25 you can snipe the stalkers so easily anyway keeping them off your team. Also thanks for the answer.

Do people really have a problem even seeing the invisible stalkers? I mean they're kinda shiny, on dark maps it's really easy to spot. And every map in KF2 becomes a dark map eventually. Or is the shininess my videocard making GBS threads the bed? I could always spot the invisible stalkers in the first game too. :ohdear: