Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
Game is gonna be sick. Wish they had given every zed the treatment that clots got, having the variant sub-types does a lot to spice them up even though all three are just straight-up cannon fodder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Brackhar posted:

From my understanding, quite good. The population of Titanfall fell off much quicker on PC than on console. That said, with games that are consistently updated and support modification the PC community ends up with a much longer tail. Just look at the success of TF2, L4D, and Payday 2 to see that.

Titanfall seems like an odd example for a non-AAA game. Also what else were Xbone players gonna play lol

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

closeted republican posted:

How are the shotguns off the bat in KF2? I'm hoping they aren't weak pieces of poo poo with very little penetration.

They're really fuckin good, and the medic gets a shotgun that can also shoot healing darts.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

I actually preferred the pump action to the combat shotgun during the beta.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Aiming for the head is still always a good idea. Also use the alt-fire on Commando weapons to set them to burst/single shot and conserve ammo while popping heads!

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

If you played in the beta KF2 might not show up on the Steam front page because Steam considers the game already in your library. :downs:

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

It'd be nice if the six-pack included the deluxe edition content. I want to slam my friends list with the best possible version of HD zed killing.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

None of the included 3 levels seem very dark at all to me. The subway tunnels on paris can get dark if you go out of your way to shoot out all the lights, but even then.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Internet Explorer posted:

So as someone who never got into KF1 and thought it looked awesome... how is this?

It's the same core gameplay polished to a fine point, with a seriously impressive gore system that makes every shot and swing feel really satisfying.

Currently the game feels a bit light on content for veteran KF players, but if you're new this is a great time to jump in.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

You can only repair armor if the patient is actually missing some HP, so it's of questionable use.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Skoll posted:

I don't quite think you understand the Commando class.

edit: Read this : http://kf-wiki.com/wiki/Commando It's for KF 1 but generally does apply here since all the principles are the same except for levelling.

:words: with little meaning is that dude's MO, you get used to it.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

If it saves us all from having to scroll past another one of your massive posts then yes, by all means!

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

The Bloat is horrifying on HoE, the fat guy charge into a spray of bile that takes off like 70 hp all on its own is the stuff of nightmares.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Shumagorath posted:

Is the Flamethrower good? I buy games based on how well they do napalm.

The flamethrower is really cool and eventually there will be other-flame based weapons and a perk (class) that excels in using them.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

ZearothK posted:

I had a dream where the Matriarch boss was literally Margareth Thatcher in a Mechsuit.

After beating her first phase she ejected and the suit self-destructed in a huge rear end explosion, then the HMS Invincible crashed into the map and she parachuted in. We had to fight SAS to reach her inside, as it turned out the specimens were actually released by her to rid Britain of its immigrants and underclass.

Questioner if you could move this up to the top of your massive list of features to work on it'd be much appreciated.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

So is it red orchestra 2, or is it still killing floor?

Basically, am I buying a lemon if I get it in EA?

It's light on the content but it is definitely not a RO2 trainwreck.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

Compared to current KF or KF as it was released? Because KF as released was still fun. I notice it has fewer classes at the moment but they seem like the important ones so not worried there.

There's only 3 maps, but the map editor is available. So it's slightly less than KF on release, but the core gameplay is there and it's pretty solid.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

don't even ironically suggest a loving hat system

What do you think the DLC for this game is going to be, dude?

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

MooCowlian posted:

Well, I guess I'm glad I just spent five minutes watching people run in circles wasting their ammo on him then.

Yeah a lot of people are stuck in the mindset that the first KF boss used, where if you simply pumped enough damage quickly you could skip the heals. Hans is going to heal to full 3 times no matter what, he's basically the opposite of the Patriarch design-wise.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

MadBimber posted:

Can I get a GIF of the scrake doing his call out and fist pump? tia

I love this animation btw, it's so intimidating when it's pointed at you.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

The three heal part seems kind of obvious with how damaged he gets, it's the invuln/85% Damage Resist that isn't communicated at all. I'm sure that will be the first major change to Hans, is making that part obvious to the players.

Also I find Hans more interesting than the Patriarch because he can't be instagibbed, but for me the meat and potatoes of KF has always been the waves, not the boss.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Tripwire has amended their EULA to clarify that all KF2 mods must be distributed for free.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

I'm a page late but please don't actually nerf clots, that is the silliest complaint I've heard in this thread. The auto-focus on the clot that grabbed you changes getting grabbed from the mild inconvenience it was in KF1 to a potentially catastrophic event. For example, you're about to dance with a Scrake and you get grabbed mid-pulverizer swing. Letting clots get in close enough to grab you means somebody on your team is slacking and you are painfully unaware of your surroundings, and now there's a punishment for that.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Video game developers are perfect ascended beings who are incapable of ever making assumptions like "yes, our playerbase will find this feature useful instead of annoying."

It isn't meant to be useful, it's meant to be an impediment. Killing Floor 2 is not trying to help you spot the Clot that is grabbing you. It is forcing you to attack the Clot that is grabbing you because that will gently caress up whatever you were trying to do before you got grabbed.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

The enemies in question are called Clots... Clots form to slow down bloodshed, but can also form where they aren't wanted and cause deadly health complications... Makes you think...

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Ramsus posted:

Sharps took a big hit when people couldn't just m99 their way to a win anymore which was good because that made the game boring.

Realtalk though the game is more fun without Sharpshooter in general. It's gonna be real boring to hear the chainsaw rev and angry scream of a Scrake spawning followed by the sound of a Scrake head exploding from a single shot.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Yeah splitting Sharpshooter into two perks was really smart, that's for sure. Gunslinger will be fun on a bun and hopefully Sharpshooter will have more going on for it than I'm expecting.

quote:

You're assuming that's the case, just like I'm assuming it's not meant to be an impediment. I don't know why this is so hard to grasp.

I'm just assuming you have a learning disability at this point, actually.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

I don't have grown-up conversations with retard babies sorry :thumbsup:

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Literal Nazi Furry posted:

the big boy grownup discussing videogames. i don't care about any of this but this is really dumb

yeah I'm also being a big dumb baby about this too

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

My pie-in-the-sky change for enemies would be every enemy caste having variations like the Clot does. Someone pointed out the trader lines for dual-bladed gorefasts, that would be sick.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Musluk posted:

Yeah well, apparently.

I still don't like it, but oh well.

It feels better to be right about something when other goons are wrong about it. :smug:

This fuckin owns.

Also I really like that they gave DJ Scully a goofy Dutch(??) accent. I like the variation of voices across the board, especially with the constable and army guy bringing in the classic KF lines.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Dang KF has come a long way. Still rules though. I was hoping he'd be in biotic lab every version but I don't know if this is all the uploader's footage or just a collage.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Require More Fire posted:

So I was on that 128-man server last night (which is hilarious, btw) and I saw someone with a Mr. Foster skin that had the Dosh symbol on his mask and DOSH written on his jacket. Is that a dev skin or something?

About a year ago there was a PC Gamer article that was the official reveal of KF2, and if you bought their magazine that month you got a code for the Dosh Foster stuff.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Every gun has a separate recharge though, so you can shoot a couple from your pistol and switch to the smg and have more darts to shoot.

Unfortunately the trick from KF1 of throwing your weapon down and picking it back up to instantly recharge the darts doesn't work, but with weapon swapping you should hopefully have enough darts for everyone!

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Yeah in KF2 you just don't want to iron-sight at all when trying to heal, just aim from the hip and click when you hear the beep. Unless there's some corners involved you're probably gonna land the dart.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Insert name here posted:

He's talking about the syringe you dopes

Oh yeah that thing is actually super unwieldy and I don't use it at all either. :shobon: My bad.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Fina posted:

I had an idea regarding doors:

Make the color of the welding goo indicate how hosed the integrity of the door is. I realize that it already has an overlay on the door but I think this would be a nice detail.

This is a really good idea actually and since the welding tool already uses magic goo properties it wouldn't even seem silly by KF's standards!

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

I appreciate the spirit of wanting to make Berserkers more skill-based and less mindless than they were in KF1 but they do seem a lil weak yeah - If only because their skills are mostly no good at all. The first tier has nightvision for one choice and the other choice is a skill that from what I've heard doesn't seem to have any real effect.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

EMP grenades were a really cool idea for the Berserker, actually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Getting grabbed by Hans inside of a gas grenade cloud is a nasty combination.