Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

Insert name here posted:

I'm so glad you're no longer forced to weld doors to level support anymore.

Yeah, that was pretty awful. On the other hand, the test chamber map took care of the bulk of support's welding requirement for me in one match. :suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

and if they don't dance,

Section Z posted:

They do seem that way for the most part. Commando tactical reloads, have some variations but they are mostly cutting out filler on top of speeding it up. With the non empty reloads, the major difference is you don't lift your gun up at a 90 degree angle to hold the gun in front of your face while you go through the reload process.

Because I am not a gun expert, the empty reloads feel like they are saving time by skipping steps in some case. The difference between the varmint and SCAR empty reloads for example, normal reloads you finish by slowly pulling back on the slide(hammer? thingy? The bit they have on nerf dart guns). Tactical reload you skip that step entirely and just quickly flick a switch.

Though this does mean there is more difference than just animation speed, at least.

Some guns hold their bolt open when the magazine empties. This means that when you insert a new mag, you just have to hit the bolt release and it will chamber a new round for you, just like that, no charging required. I can't answer why this would change ingame with a skill (since it's usually inherent to the gun's design), but that's how it works in real life.

e: There's more that can be said, but that answers the meat of your question quickly.

Explosionface fucked around with this message at 22:50 on May 18, 2015

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

and if they don't dance,

Gharbad the Weak posted:

Is there gonna be a way to get the Zweihander on my account without having to spend 20bux on a game I don't really want? Especially if it turns out to be better than other berserker weapons.

I know I can cross my fingers and hope someone else has it, but, ehhhhhhh

Wait for a sale and buy the game (which is fun).

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

and if they don't dance,

I found myself just the other day wondering if Tripwire decided on a continual income method yet. I remembered it was a question hanging in the air before early access release with the response of "maybe microtransactions for inconsequential cosmetic things, we'll see" being given as the stand-in response at that time. As it stands, I'm cool with it.

I actually almost prefer this to be in place before full release since it gives a chance to squash any potential bugs in implementation while still working on the game itself.

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

and if they don't dance,

Psion posted:

Yeah that line is some "we're trying hard to convince ourselves the time wasn't wasted" face-saving. Even the other Tripwire guy outright admitted "yeah sorry you guys didn't like it" ... and the changes aren't quite what I'd call "mostly
yeah, I hear you. this system is loving atrocious for understandability. Even if TWI really made a bunch of good changes here, it's impossible to know.

I haven't played this with any regularity in a while. Mainly just pop on for a bit after a big update. When I did this fairly recently, I was wondering why some enemies weren't dying when they should have and got my rear end kicked on normal. Now I know why.

The only takeaway I have from the numbers in the update is everything is at least closer to 1, which I'm assuming is standard damage. While I'm not completely opposed to it in theory, the implementation of the resistances is balls, mainly for having so many different loving categories. Why not just booms, bullets, fire, melee (and maybe throw shotguns into a separate category)?

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

and if they don't dance,

Digirat posted:

I played an alpha of this I think over a year ago and it looked really promising, like if they just added content and balance/polish and that's it, they would have a really solid game.

I come back to take a look and see a competitive mode (what the gently caress) and this hilarious picture of an enemy with 20 bars next to it that you're somehow supposed to memorize and react to on the fly (what the gently caress)

I guess it's a good thing vermintide is still fun as hell. Maybe it's also time to reinstall payday 2 and shoot law enforcers to trance music?

Payday 2 is arguably the most fun it's ever been, so it's a great time to come back. Skills have been completely revamped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

and if they don't dance,

For what it's worth, it looks like he's out as CEO. New interim effective immediately.

https://www.tripwireinteractive.com/#/news/tripwire-appoints-new-interim-ceo-alan-wilson