Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Mordja posted:

Yeah, but Warfarm's free and Helldiver is still pretty new. I'm thinking stuff like CS:GO and Payday 2.

Doorframe is also pretty close to AAA and it's not technically out yet either, although at this point I'm pretty sure "it's a beta you guys" is just sort of a running joke the developer uses to explain how hilariously buggy it is. The thing is held together by bits of thread and nose hair.

Not sure if I'll be grabbing the EA of KF2 but I'll definitely get the full version at some point. The quality of the beta completely sold me on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Alkydere posted:

Dude, "incomplete, buggy content" is the definition of Early Access. This is supposed to be a beta of sorts to test the game. Let us test it for you!

It's up to the developer to decide how they'll approach early access. Nuclear throne has an update every single weekend where they pretty much throw up whatever unfinished stuff they're currently working on into the game, including incomplete things like menus that say "new menu in progress, sorry!" on them, so new content arrives quickly but is very buggy. Grim dawn by contrast releases new builds that are months apart, thoroughly debugged and polished, and feel like content ready to go straight in the final version of the game. I couldn't say if one method is better than the other, but those approaches probably get very different benefits out of early access and it's up to the developer to decide how they want to use it. I don't know if tripwire's approach is the right one, but how often they should update is their choice and not the testers'.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I got an email from the president of tripwire saying that killing floor 2 will no longer be released. I'm sorry, guys.

His reasoning was that they hadn't updated in early access for a couple months so it was clearly dead forever and their resources would be better spent on games that weren't permanently dead.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

just like the lads from the falklands

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Right here http://steamcommunity.com/groups/KF2goons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I played an alpha of this I think over a year ago and it looked really promising, like if they just added content and balance/polish and that's it, they would have a really solid game.

I come back to take a look and see a competitive mode (what the gently caress) and this hilarious picture of an enemy with 20 bars next to it that you're somehow supposed to memorize and react to on the fly (what the gently caress)

I guess it's a good thing vermintide is still fun as hell. Maybe it's also time to reinstall payday 2 and shoot law enforcers to trance music?