Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Whittle
Sep 18, 2011

Ledgy posted:

Oh my god look at this game, why can't i spend dosh on it yet

I checked Steam again just in case they'd decided to bring forward the early access, but alas it's saying 2 days and 8 hours to go before they'll take my money!

Not long to go now... not long... **rocks in chair**

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whittle
Sep 18, 2011

randombattle posted:

Medic having a better version of guns from every class except berserker definitely helps it be awesome.

I was pleasantly surprised by this (the medic having a good selection of weapons)

Whittle
Sep 18, 2011

You're cordially invited to the Whittle House of Horror:

open 85.236.101.14:27015

Keeping it public for the time being and it's currently set to long matches on hard difficulty.

Whittle
Sep 18, 2011

Alkydere posted:

Just got to level 10 medic and I have to say that Armorer is amazing.

The lost healing is pretty unnoticeable due to the fact that you already have boosted healing. And I'll admit the armor on the darts/syringe isn't great. Where it really shines is the fact that Armorer applies to your medic grenades. Having a healing cloud that restores health AND armor is actually pretty baller and amazing when face-tanking Scrakes and Fleshpounds.

Now THAT sounds really handy! Think I'll focus on medic for a while rather than switching like I am at the moment!

Whittle
Sep 18, 2011

I know it's been said before, but, there _needs_ to be an option to turn-off the auto-focus for the clot-grab.

There's nothing worse then you being about to double barrel something to find the auto-focus turn you round as you pull the trigger and you double-barrel some piddly little clot who was gnawing at your ankles instead.

Whittle
Sep 18, 2011

DoombatINC posted:

[...] I do wish the whip-around was smoother when you get grabbed from directly behind you [...]

There's a joke in there somewhere

Whittle
Sep 18, 2011

Knifegrab posted:

Is the syringe recharge rate and potency boost affecting just hte medical syringe or my gun's medic darts as well?

Just the syringe to encourage people to use it.

(otherwise they would just dart all the time)

Whittle
Sep 18, 2011

Opposing Farce posted:

I could've sworn I noticed my darts recharging considerably faster when I was actually on Medic, but I wasn't necessarily paying that much attention so I could be wrong. It seems kind of lame if it's just the syringe, though, since that thing's hard enough to use in combat that the darts are pretty much always superior even if they don't benefit from the perk bonus.

To be honest I'm just going off the descriptions so I could be completely wrong. Perk says syringe and the only syringe the medic has is the physical one as opposed to the darts referenced on the weapons.

Personally I haven't really noticed a difference with the darts, but that could just be as the syringe has the more visible icon and I focus more on that.

If it does increase darts too maybe I'm just not noticing it, as presumably they'll increase "in-step" across the board so as the Syringe remains the most potent I'm not paying attention that the darts are actually getting better!?

Whittle fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Apr 27, 2015

Whittle
Sep 18, 2011

Any idea when we can we expect to see :flame:?

Enquiring minds need to know.

Whittle
Sep 18, 2011

The WebAdmin PvP module is pretty fun.

However, I've been playing with the auto-kick for idle players and with the following set:

quote:

bKickLiveIdlers=True
MaxIdleTime=60.000000

When you get kicked, if you try to re-connect to the same server you get a "Connection Lost, Authentication Failed" error.

Exiting the game and re-loading doesn't seem to resolve it. Don't know if there's a time-limit for re-connecting perhaps, but last time I had to restart the server for it to let me back in.

Client and server versions are build 1006.

Whittle
Sep 18, 2011

FaustianQ posted:

Is this between players and player controlled zeds or is it just standard TDM between classes?

Nah I was on about the server admin "WebAdmin" console (i.e. kicking people who are idling or being a pain)

Whittle
Sep 18, 2011

Has anybody come across an unexpected file download when connecting to a server that they manage? For the life of me I can't remember what the name of the file was but it didn't look like a map a few days ago when it happened.

My host is muliplay.co.uk and other than adjust the timers (i.e. lobby / idle) and set the map rotation to be just the official 3 maps it's stock. Client and server versions are 1006 still I believe. I had though it was a bit random and I've since deleted my client and re-installed and I've not seen it again since so forgot about it.

Today a random pubbie connect and asks what the random file download was:

quote:

Pubbie #1: wot was the download for this server??
Pubbie #1: any one know?
Whittle: happened to me too the other day, cant remember the name?
Pubbie #2: map maybes
Pubbie #1: out post fx it sed
Whittle: its not on the map list
Whittle: ok will googl
Pubbie #1: k cool
Pubbie #3: its a trojan mate
Pubbie #1:: realy?
Pubbie #1: Whittle wots this download??
Whittle: think hes trolling, but yeah I got the download too, need to google it
Pubbie #1: my man wont stop tarking
Whittle: ive seen that happen randomly before on this map
Pubbie #1: got no bullit tracers as well
Whittle: anyway going to lookup that thing, will reconnect as spec
Pubbie #1: how cud he not know hes admin
Pubbie #1: carnt see my bulits

Anyway he went on and on so eventually kicked him as he starts speculating wildy about the server being dodgy, which for all I know it may well be, but the audit logs show didely squat other than multiplay.co.uk updating server versions and me updating the settings I mention above.

Just curious if anybody else has seen anything similar? Apart from that one guy nobody else other than myself has seen it - or at least mentioned anything.

Edit: Just to add I've asked the players who are currently in whether they got a download and the one guy responded said he had just joined and didn't see anything.

Edit: Questioner86 has pointed out that the server version is not the most recent build so that won't be helping things. I've raised a ticket with multiplay to ask how I go about getting updated / prodding them to update it.

Edit: Ignore my slander of multiplay.co.uk, I'm told it's updated automatically but they just hadn't announced it. So the experience above must just be some random oddity.

Whittle fucked around with this message at 21:31 on May 6, 2015

Whittle
Sep 18, 2011

Ledgy posted:

It happened to me and my brother. I have no idea what would cause this though.

Questioner86 has pointed out that the server version is not the most recent build so that won't be helping things.

I've raised a ticket with multiplay to ask how I go about getting updated / prodding them to update it.

Whittle
Sep 18, 2011

Red Mundus posted:

Berserker is such a sad, sad class. Needs a lot of support and can't really deal with anything that isn't 1 on 1. That and the perks and class level bonuses are poo poo.

Haters gonna hate :p

Whittle
Sep 18, 2011

Mexicat posted:

I wish the kf2 devs would say loving anything since their only patch has been one slew of bug fixes and no word at all on progress unless there's a blog somewhere or something

Google is your friend!

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=107954 (What We Are Up To - What Are We Up To? | 3rd May)

Says the priority is fixing bugs and that they'll update every two weeks

Whittle
Sep 18, 2011

Is anybody else particularly terrible using the berserker on suicidal?

I just get messed up when I get in close.

Whittle
Sep 18, 2011

Alteisen posted:

Zerker gets torn up in sui/HoE due to his lack of damage resistances, unless you got a level 20+ medic firmly wedged up your rear end and people keeping poo poo off you, you ain't surviving long.

One was definitely up there at some point, but alas I fear he got dislodged.

Whittle
Sep 18, 2011

Ramsus posted:

So I gave them a taste of classic KF1 and got the wave down to 1. Then I went up and meleed the husk's feet with the scalpel.

Timeless :allears:

Whittle
Sep 18, 2011

Tagichatn posted:

Wow, that looks great! I love the atmosphere on the map. Also new content is always good, glad to hear berserker is being looked at as well.

He definitely needs a little luvin' imho

Edit: Manor looks awesome!

Whittle fucked around with this message at 22:34 on May 8, 2015

Whittle
Sep 18, 2011

ChickenHeart posted:

I would much prefer if leveling up instead unlocked alternate skills, new weapons, and cosmetic features for your perk. I really don't like hopping into the more difficult servers and having to limit what classes me and my friends can play as based on how much grinding we've done on a perk.

Different ways to skin a cat I guess, but with the alternative you've suggested I'd probably get equally as frustrated having to grind levels just to get the <uber-super-weapon> for a particular class.

Sure, the current system restricts your usefulness a little if you pick a server with too high a difficulty, but personally I like it and by using the filter system so you only see the servers with the difficulty setting you want

Wish List: the filters should allow you to say LESS-THAN-OR-EQUAL-TO or GREATER-THAN-OR-EQUAL-TO difficulty x

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whittle
Sep 18, 2011

Propaganda Hour posted:

SWAT need a riot shield that can reflect husk fireballs

That sounds pretty cool actually