Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Personally, gonna miss Agent Wilkes. Such a dumb and great armor design :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

UltraVariant posted:

If I can wrangle a copy by the next two days (which I should be able to), then sign me up. If it helps, I main Sharpshooter in KF1 (probably'll play Support until they add SS, though).

Six packs are for people who want a copy for $25 instead of $30, not actual in game parties :v:

I'm like $6.20 away from being able to participate in one, let's see if I can cash in some Dota/CS stuff to pay for the difference.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Any goons doing a six-pack? I've got $35 in my Paypal account and I still want to save $10 for something else this week :v:

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

What's the planned number of weapons for release, by the way? And out of curiosity, any plans for DLC perks a-la Payday 2?

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

HEY GUYS WHO WANTS TO SEE A MAGIC TRICK.

(It's inside the car)

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Questioner (or whoever else works at TW, really), are you guys planning to change the HP/Armor UI for friendlies? I love how slick the new UI looks, and then you look at a friendly and it's like you're back in KF1 :v: Seriously though, at least some degree of separation between the name and the bars would make it easier on the eyes.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Also, found this gem of a user in the official forums. I normally skip over the avatars and sig but this one just kept getting better and better.

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showpost.php?p=1371719&postcount=3

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

I just witnessed this entire thing - someone soloed Hans for 40 minutes in Hard. Granted, he was a LVL25 Medic but GODDAMN. Everyone else died 1 minute into the boss wave thanks to really bad coordination and gas grenades. :stare:

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Yeah, I feel Commandos could be a lot cooler if they got put into some kind of leadership role. Zed time panic button would own so much.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

I do wish flashlights were a player model thing and not limited to certain weapons. Even then, that one poster who mentioned there's no penalty for setting your gamma really high made me think of a flashbang-like Zed.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

My favourite thing about KF is that it feels at all times like you are playing a mod, in the good sense - it's goofy fun of the kind you get when your friend finds this hilariously amazing Custom Map for Warcraft 3 or whatever. The Office level is my favourite example of that. I've jumped off those windows so many times.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Mindblast posted:

I don't think you get levels through achievements in this game.

If you open KF1 through SAM you can manually edit the level up peremeters, like telling the game "yeah, I've totally killed 5000 stalkers!"

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

^^^ They aren't bad games by any stretch of imagination, just kinda formulaic. It's fine to like them. :v:

Opposing Farce posted:

Right, but that wouldn't work in KF2, because KF2 boils the progression down to a more-standard "you earn experience by doing these things" system rather than "you level up by doing this specific thing a specific number of times."

I know, just correcting that even if in KF1 it wasn't tied to achievements, you could still use SAM to level up in it. Not saying it works that way in KF2.

Anyways, I've seen mentions of Agent Wilkes appearing in a dev trailer - can anyone confirm this? It was my favourite player model in KF1. I'm going through the dev diaries and I learnt a fun fact! The Medic weapons are all built on top of the base Medic pistol.

Azran fucked around with this message at 00:11 on May 5, 2015

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Eh, I think if you tone down the rifle fire's damage a bit then it will be better, in my opinion.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Considering we haven't even seen our first content patch I am hopeful that they will rebalance all this stuff.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

I hope they end up finding design space to put some more zed variants in. There's plenty of places to draw inspiration from! *cough cough* Dead Space *cough cough*

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

They are starting a series of dev posts this week, according to a post in the official forums, talking about what they've got planned and stuff.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

I'm kinda learning to parry raging scrakes with the basic knife. It seems the problem most people have is that when the scrake stumbles, they go in for a slash and their recovery is faster than yours. Do you lose health for parrying, by the way? I'm too concerned with the huge wall of flesh pounding on me to check my UI normally.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Yeah, they disable grenades in this game.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

I've heard that there will be 10 perks in the final release of the game, that made me really upset. If Tripwire were to add new perks, just 1 or maximum of 2. 10 perks would be really confusing. they way I play killing floor is, that I see what perks the players have and what perk is required, for example: I see 2 commandos, 1 sharpshooter , 1 firebug, one demolitions dude, so I need to be the medic. that's how I usually play KF. but having 10 perks I believe would turn this game into some RPG'ish game tbh. 10 perks would be really abnormal to have in KF2.

What do you guys think? is 10 perks a good idea?

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?p=1369433#post1369433

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

^ I expect them to be a tanky, CQB class. Kinda like the Medic's tanky side from KF1.

Yeah, that was a post from the official forums. It's understandable though weird till he gets to the "like an RPG" part, where it becomes really dumb. Just killing time till the next announcement.

I don't like SWAT that much as a name, maybe it's because it's so specific and regional. Anyways, an SMG tanky class would be fun - wondering if they are ever gonna add LMGs.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

As an idiot who still hasn't leveled beyond 8 because I'm waiting for the level reset, what exactly changes re: behaviour and moveset in later difficulties?

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Daily Forecast posted:

I guess I'm the only one who actually likes Commando? I feel like a well-played Commando (key words, there) can be a great addition to the team simply because he saves everybody else ammo, and can then redistribute all the mad dosh he's getting to the players who need it. Takes some coordination, yeah. But I tried playing Support and I found myself running out of ammo while on Commando I'd still be happily popping heads and extending slow-mo long afterwards. I'm finding it hard to see Commando as really underpowered.

I also feel like Call Out (or whatever?) is absurdly useful on any difficulty higher than normal.

I like the Commando as well. The fact that he can see life bars and Stalkers is a big quality of life upgrade. I feel like the general damage boost to all weapons will make it a better perk at max level, where it doesn't need to stick to class weapons for the exp. Does that boost extend to non-primaries (pistol and knife), by the way? I haven't paid much attention to the wording.

It's the class I pick whenever I don't know what to pick.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Grapplejack posted:

It's like TF2. you got attack / defense / support.

No one saw the thing in the spoiler :( Next time I won't even provide the source!

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

I see people have set up some big player count servers, do Zeds scale for over 6 players? How many you get at the max number of players (32?) at wave 1? :allears:

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

I use OBS, it has a replay buffer.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Moddb comment posted:

That's good to hear (that Alex Quick, creator of KF1, isn't working on this), because since the trailer video came out, I stopped liking this one. It looks like it was made by 14 year olds for 13 year olds. Not technically speaking, but from the way the scary stuff from KF is now 'below the top' ridicule. I could have lived better with "over the top", but that would have been a big departure from the KF standard and perhaps a different game.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Theta Zero posted:

Making new characters seems very daunting this time around, especially since each character has their own unique voice and responds to borderline everything, including map details. We most likely won't get the overabundance of characters that we did in KF1, so a lot of old favorites will probably never return.

I'm more worried about if, in the future when more maps are added, that they can't or just don't bother to get the old voice actors in touch and most characters will have nothing to comment on about the map.

I'm happy my favourite character (Agent Wilkes) is pretty much bound to return if pre-beta teasers are to be believed :v:

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

The only hiccup I get is whenever I buy a new weapon and it's immediately equipped.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

DreamShipWrecked posted:

As in it freezes up? That might be a server-side thing, at launch we were having issues on ~Goon Squad~ where it would crash during the trading break while people were buying guns.

Yeah, it freezes for a second or two, then everything is fine.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

It does. I managed to decapitate one while at half health in a normal server, one player. It died immediately IIRC.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Abandoned Toaster posted:

This video from a while back suggests they don't just die like back in KF1 once decapitated in KF2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeZiB-4FcaU

Oh yes, know that I see that stumble animation I remember seeing it before. I stand corrected :downs:

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

It's going to be easier to define roles and appropiate perks, I think, once all the other perks are out. Especially when we don't know how the three new perks will play outside of some basic stuff.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

But Payday 2 already has a bundle of cash as a melee weapon :(

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

DeusExMachinima posted:

I've stopped using it because I can get more kills if only I can see them. :mmmhmm:

Also I think I have a bug to report. When I reload a primary (never pistols so far), switch away, then switch back, sometimes I'm down 1 or 2 bullets from a full mag. I can reload again to fix that and then it stays full. Anyone else?

Yup, I've had this happen to me.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Fina posted:

GUYS, WHEN IS KF2 EARLY ACCESS COMING OUT? THIS GAME IS VAPORWARE.

KF2 early access is released.

GUYS, KF2 EARLY ACCESS HASN'T BEEN UPDATED IN LIKE THREE WEEKS! I'M BORED! DEAD GAME!

I really don't know what people expect these days. I guess I can kinda understand some of the kids complaining about these things, like those who were 10 years old when Starbound was announced and now they're like 14 and have been waiting for a game for like a third of their time on this planet. All of these early access games, each launching at different stages of development from pre-alpha to final bug fixing have given people a really warped sense of how long it actually takes to develop games, especially at a professional level.

I have a lot of respect for Tripwire, I'm waiting patiently and I love what's already in the game and I think it can only improve from now on. That said: this is the same dev studio that made Red Orchestra 2, and people should keep that in mind just in case :v:

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

I want Agent Wilkes Tripwire :argh:

This is such a cool map though!

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Isn't the Winchester Rifle the Gun That Won The West?

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

I kind of envision SWAT as a tanky, CQC character. SMGs and a way to attract aggro I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

drrockso20 posted:

I'll admit I have yet to actually play KF2(laptop ain't strong enough to run it, at least going off the Systems Requirement Labs site's recommendations) so I had forgotten how expensive the Flamethrower is

also I'd say the odds are pretty good that Firebug will be one of if not the first class added once they start putting more of them in(since it already has one of it's weapons in the game, and it's definitely one of the classes that will probably need a lot EAS testing to get it properly balanced) along with Martial Artist(which also already has a weapon in the game, and they can't really fully balance the Berserker until both Melee classes are in the game to balance them out between each other)

and lastly it'd be really fun once all the classes are in the game to see how well a team with one of each class in it would do on the higher difficulties

There's going to be 10 classes though :v: