Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

year199X
Oct 9, 2012
Grimey Drawer
I kind of want to buy a 6 pack, but I also want to get the deluxe edition, and I think steam is wonky in that if I buy the deluxe edition it won't let me buy the 6 pack, even if I choose to buy it as a gift. Is there a way around this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

year199X
Oct 9, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Peewi posted:

There's an upgrade to the deluxe edition available.

Oh, nifty. That solves that then.

Guess it's time to make some random friends happy.

Edit: They literally just added the upgrade button to the steam page. Thanks TWI.

year199X fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Apr 21, 2015

year199X
Oct 9, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Mr. Crow posted:

Hows the game, worth EA, to early to tell?

I'm under the impression that if you liked KF1 there's no reason not to pick this up short of financial constraints. Or maybe if you really liked firebug or something.

year199X
Oct 9, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Firebug's going to be in in the next few months, it's just not in right now. Personally, the perk I'm most excited for is Gunslinger.

Yeah, that's what I was talking about. Early access and all.

Personally I can't wait for demolitions.

year199X
Oct 9, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Crabtree posted:

I mean, I'm glad they figured out most medics just went for an assault or shotty secondary in the first game and just made them have one of everything. Medic may not hit the hardest, but Medic is there when the team needs to heal all at once.

I always took the LAR for my secondary :colbert:

So far the game has been running great for me without issues, except for a few odd glitches like the spectator HUD still being visible after I join a game in progress, and for some reason the plaza area in the Paris map gave me crazy slowdown when I fought Hans there.

Also whoever dropped the hint about increasing the number of bodies displayed in the .ini, you are a hero

year199X
Oct 9, 2012
Grimey Drawer

ShadowMar posted:

Holy poo poo that looks amazing, is there a major performance hit for changing that value?

I haven't had any noticeable performance hits aside from that one time fighting Hans, but it might have been a combination of the particle effects and the bodies everywhere. I'm running the game on a 970, and currently set it to 100.

Shima Honnou posted:

Which .ini and what setting?

You're looking for MaxDeadBodies in the KFGame.ini, located in documents/my games/killingfloor2/kfgame/config

year199X fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Apr 22, 2015

year199X
Oct 9, 2012
Grimey Drawer
I bumped up the body limit to 150 for this one, and my frame rate started to noticeably drop.

My only complaint is that the game doesn't have enough of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rA2ZmQqVfRk

year199X
Oct 9, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Remember you can pick up your sawblades.

My experience with the saw blades is not too different from finding nerf darts, in that I'm not even sure they land on the same planet when they come to rest.

year199X
Oct 9, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, the flamethrower owns bones but there's pretty much zero reason to use it right now because you don't get any xp. I feel like for the sake of EA it should reward XP to whatever perk you're using.

year199X fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Apr 22, 2015

year199X
Oct 9, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Huh, I didn't even notice the shotgun bug, I just thought I was being bad.

year199X
Oct 9, 2012
Grimey Drawer

MooCowlian posted:

Who told the pubbies it's a good idea to weld every single door on the map? Three games in a row, on three different servers, I ended having to unweld everything to get to the trader or find the last zed in a small airlock or something.

I may or may not do this between waves. I like to think of it as making things more interesting. :v:

year199X
Oct 9, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Insert name here posted:

I'm so glad you're no longer forced to weld doors to level support anymore.

Despite this, The Legend of Welda lives on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

year199X
Oct 9, 2012
Grimey Drawer
So I played this game again recently with some friends and there are people who still don't know how the Hans fight works. There needs to be way better communication for his mechanics, because the pubbies in the game got pants making GBS threads mad that I was "feeding" hans during his drain phase :psyduck:

I'm pretty sure one of them was rank 13 in whatever dumb perk he had.