Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Quick question, will Killing Floor 2 be available on something not-Steam? :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Super Dude posted:

Do you have an issue with Steam?

I'm German. Using my regular steam account might run into issues depending on the rating bodies here.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

DreamShipWrecked posted:

I am sure you thought of this, but would using a VPN or having someone buy it for you? If the latter will work we might be able to work something out

E. Woah thread moves fast.

Having somebody else buy it was how I got KF1. There are how however some games where even that would not work, seemingly dependant on why the game got cut in Germany and the phase of the moon. (Steam is kinda inconsistent in how it enforces that kind of stuff but I don't want to complain too loudly or else they might notice that having Early Access games which have not yet passed by the rating board at all might be extremely problematic. :v:) So I'd like to avoid taking any chances if possible.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Badly Jester posted:

For what it's worth, they have stated that this time around, they'd be fine with it being indexed and uncut in Germany, and that they really want to keep it uncut for everyone. The issue it boils down to, apparently, is whether the USK will be able to extend its reach to include digital copies, which it currently has no say over.

The question is whether Steam will still sell the games in those terriotories if it gets indexed. Because so far there it doesn't seem likely that Steam would implement the necessary changes in order to sell index games in Germany. And there are some games that Steam doesn't allow you to run even from a German account even if you got them gifted.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Perestroika posted:

Huh, which ones are those? I've got the most recent AvP, Mortal Kombat 9 and 10 and they all work just fine on a german account, and I think all of those are even on the more severe list B. You can't purchase them through the german steam store, but once they're activated on your account you're usually home free.

IIRC there are one or two shooters that do not work with German accounts at all. Maybe those are swastika related though. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Just making sure my sound settings aren't screwed. Are zeds supposed to not have footsteps?