Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Devs please turn boss wave music into yakkity sax thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

echronorian posted:

Ya, I get that, it's all over the OP? I thought this was the Killing Floor 2 thread, not the Killing Floor 2 PC early access thread.

The ps4 version isn't coming out until full launch, which is still months away.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

ZearothK posted:

Adding to that, I recall mention somewhere (might have been here?) about the game staying in early access for roughly ~6 months, but maybe that was one of the devs comparing it to the development cycle of Red Orchestra.

I think they said it would release in 2015 but not until it is "done"

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Brackhar posted:

From my understanding, quite good. The population of Titanfall fell off much quicker on PC than on console. That said, with games that are consistently updated and support modification the PC community ends up with a much longer tail. Just look at the success of TF2, L4D, and Payday 2 to see that.

To be slightly Master Racist for a second, I wonder if it is just because PC gamers are spoilt for choice anymore with so many indie/pc exclusive games getting pushed out for us compared to console releases. I know I didn't stop playing titan fall because it got boring, I stopped because something new came out

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Randler posted:

I'm German. Using my regular steam account might run into issues depending on the rating bodies here.

I am sure you thought of this, but would using a VPN or having someone buy it for you? If the latter will work we might be able to work something out

E. Woah thread moves fast.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

I love the standard pump action shotgun in KF1. I hate it in KF2. Every other shotgun is great though. Still wish Support could carry more grenades though

Oddly, as powerful as it is I just don't like using the AA-12. I feel like if I use it for normal specials then I am wasting valuable Fleshpound ammo, which means the only time I have it out is to frantically magdump into a fp or skrake then spend the rest of the encounter reloading

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Serious Frolicking posted:

That's what the closed beta is for. They've done the day one patching and stress testing already.

Helps that they are only doing matchmaking and stats and not the actual p2p server hosting.

See, AAA? See how much better dedicated servers are?

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Chard posted:

Honestly, I kind of like that period. It's fun being part of a brand new thing with lots of people and bitching about it

That's how all multiplayer games are, they are the most fun when they are brand new and no one knows the Sick Strats yet. Especially MMOs, but applies to pretty much anything.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Rorus Raz posted:

Doesn't the KF mod predate L4D?

Not that there really is that much in common between the two, other than multiple people trying to not get killed by zombies by shooting them, and the boomer. The themes, feel, and overall game play are pretty different.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

One hour until TripWire gets rich

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

year199X posted:

I kind of want to buy a 6 pack, but I also want to get the deluxe edition, and I think steam is wonky in that if I buy the deluxe edition it won't let me buy the 6 pack, even if I choose to buy it as a gift. Is there a way around this?

IIRC They will be releasing all of the deluxe edition separately in a bit.

Oh hey, right, I preordered a goonserver. I guess I should set that up :v

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

If you are all desperate for servers, mine is up at

68.232.183.112:7777

Pw: lljk

However I have not tried it or really modified it in any way because I am phone adminning it, so I can't say if you can connect.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Well, I had fun for the two waves we managed before it crashed and disconnected everyone. :v: Thanks!

Will be home around 6pm EST tonight to do proper

Did set it to automatically restart if it crashes for 20 mins so hopefully it will come back up. Did the password protect work?

VVV gently caress eating kill zeds goons can afford to lose the weight anyways

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Super Dude posted:

Do we have any more servers than Akumos's? His is full. :(

Will have one more stable one later once I can get to a real computer.

I do kinda laugh at the lack of servers despite the Gameservers.com rumor because I know all those fucks that preordered and didn't get a key just cancelled their order

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

lovely Wizard posted:

What's the counter to x # of assholes reporting you for no reason if they automate this and you getting suspended from the game itself if that sort of system is how they deal with this?

Since the EULA is pretty vague on actual enforcement.

Or they are just covering their asses

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Okay goonlords, ~Goon Murder Squad~ is set up for six men, ten waves, normal mode. i apologize for having to restart the server just now, I had to check that everything was working okay and there were no open slots.

OP, could we put all these servers in the first post?

Also, I am opening up my mumble to KF2 goons. With all the unstability and weirdness of servers and restarts I recommend that people looking to group together do so in mumble and steam in case it dumps you out of a match.

Hostname: mbl1.gameservers.com
Server Port: 10008

If any of the goon servers wants me to dedicate a channel I can make that work. Right now it's only 25 man but it can be expanded if needed.

Thirdly, friend me on steam so we can play together :3

http://steamcommunity.com/id/dreamshipwrecked

okay now go kill zeds

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Apr 21, 2015

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Akumos posted:

The actual name of this server is Goon Murder Squad and the wave is set to Any, not 7. Change the wave to 7 and put ~ at the ends for real so it's easier to filter/favorite. Console joining won't work if it's full and then no one will bother to favorite it. You favorite by doing server details at the browser and clicking the star, fyi.

Whoops yeah, it is without the tildes, I was just trying to be fancy. Good idea, I will throw them in.

For those who are better at this than I am, what is the setting for fixing the wave number? I tried changing values but apparently it was the wrong ones. I believe I got it fixed

I think we're good to go. Not showing on my browser but working okay otherwise.

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Apr 21, 2015

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Server isn't set up to automatically cycle maps :facepalm: so bad at this

E. Now it is? Damned technology

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Apr 22, 2015

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

ShadowMar posted:

you are a pathetic human being for getting upset over a video game not wanting you to yell racial slurs at people over the internet

Anyways, does anyone know how to edit the game length for a dedicated server? I couldn't find anything about it online and I might have just missed it while looking through.

I had the same issue. It's a variable called GameLength, and it is set to 0, 1, 2 for short/med/long

I seem to be having a really huge load time between maps after boss defeats, it's odd

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

ShadowMar posted:

So, is each medic weapon having it's own healing needle cooldown intentional or an oversight? Because it's really loving useful.

I kinda like it, I mean I would prefer a universal pool that fills 3x as fast, but it's better than having to just stick with one slow pool. Now, should the handheld needle use all its charge to heal someone else? No.

Server structure is hosed right now. Can't make it to the last wave without crashing on a long game, but still having fun.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

closeted republican posted:

Are there enough servers now, or do you still have to fight for a single slot?

Yes and no. There are servers, there's even goon special servers, but everything is hosed with connection issues.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

So apparently servers are having issues loading the next wave in series, because we are having problems that always happen right before the next wave starts, while at the trader.

Odd odd.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Dezztroy posted:

Joined a pubbie match that was on wave 5/7. Things were going fine until I noticed that everyone in the game was only using medic guns. I was the only person using the medic perk. :cripes:

Before wiping on the boss I asked them why they were doing this, one guy replied that his friends said the medic guns are better and cheaper than other guns.

Think of all the Medic XP they will get! :v

Put in a ticket for server to be fixed, so maybe avoid ~Goon Murder Squad~ for a bit, or at least realize you will likely not see the end. If it all falls through I'll just rehost the loving thing if someone else will host it

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Switched server boxes and dumb name, hopefully it will work better for my goonie friends.

~Goon Squad~
173.199.89.138:7777
pw: lljk

I know it is operational but don't have time to do a full stress test. I again apologize for all the hiccups and resets, I know you all just want to shoot zeds

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Apr 22, 2015

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Skoll posted:

So I noticed Insult Players is gone. Can we get it back? Pretty please?

Um excuse me this is a friendly and inviting Killing Floor.

Unrelated while tooling around as a Zerker last night I swear to god a Siren bit me between screams. I didn't know they could even do that

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

I wish I had screenshotted opening up the server browser, sorting by population, and seeing a hard did between the gridlocked 6/6 open servers and empty locked servers

Hace posted:

100% agreed, it makes dealing with chaos soooo much less tedious.

I love it because I can just scan over a crowd of friendlies and just heal whenever it lights up. It is a lazy man's dream

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Kris xK posted:

I even love how it beeps when you're not in ADS. When I'm being a bad medic it reminds me to be a good medic.

I am a bit worried about damage scaling for the medic weapons tho. They seem like they'll be super weak on higher difficulties.

The guns certainly seem to suffer from damage issues compared to the other classes, but at the same time Medic is a support class at its core so having it out DPS Commando or Support would be silly

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

splifyphus posted:

Your server is working great! Would love a bump up to hard though, normal seems pretty tame even for low levels.

Good to hear. I was planning on leaving it on normal for a day or so for people that didn't get the beta to get their feet wet, but I can bump it up to hard tonight.

E. Do not have plans to go higher for the moment, so we can have Goon Floor 2 at suicidal and GS at Hard for distribution

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Apr 22, 2015

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Whiskey A Go Go! posted:

I am hoping that people move away from KF1's "Let's fight in one location" mentality and go with "Fighting with the changing situation". The games I played last night were filled with people who were looking for the one location to hole up in on every map. We always got pushed away when the dynamic lighting was damaged from the fighting and the spawning locations of the Zeds forced us to abandon position after position. While the people I was playing with were swearing all the time, I was enjoying it as the matches where we fought as a team were more successful than the ones where we held a static position.

There are certainly favorite spots, but they tend to move around. In Burning Paris basically any open street area and the back alley next to the cafe are all legit spots

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

It definitely was a good move to include perks for that reason. Before you worked up the levels to increases in damage and free weapons, but here you are picking up utility all the way through.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Stormgale posted:

Parrying damage reduction is based on weapon size now like blocking from what I remember hearing.

I want to say it's something like 30% for a knife, 50% for a melee main weapon, and 70% for a parry?

E. First two values are for normal blocking

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Apr 22, 2015

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Fina posted:

Want to try something fun? Start up a solo game on HoE with your low level perks and just try to survive.

They never stop sprinting. They're like a horde from Left 4 Dead. :stonk:

This is what is going to keep the fame interesting through all the EA progression wipes.

Level 0 HoE runs if you ain't a bitch

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

LuciferMorningstar posted:

Calling this Early Access is almost a disservice to Tripwire, considering how most EA stuff ends up being barely-functional tech demos. The only thing this lacks is content-completeness, and unlike other EA stuff, there's really no reason to believe Tripwire will screw up on delivering the content. Everything else seems pretty sound.

Put it this way, this is a Kerbals Space Program, not a DayZ

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Psion posted:

yeah I agree, they look way too similar. I would like them to be made more visually distinct.

Honestly there has been a few times when I freaked out and thought I had burned through all my ammo on my AR before realizing I had ten shots because I was using my shotgun

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

PSA: ~Goon Squad~ is now on 10-wave hard difficulty.

173.199.89.138:7777
pw: lljk

That is all

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Man, since when are Skrakes more dangerous than fleshpounds? Playing on Hard 10 wave, we just get devastated by them

Helps that there's like three at once, but still

VVVV Hah, missed us all by about five mins, man

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Apr 23, 2015

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Ryuga Death posted:

What's the difference between fullscreen and borderless? Which one should I use?

Fullscreen is a full, monitor highjacking dedication. Borderless is windowed mode, but just without the border on it.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Just make the glowy neon lines on the weapon a different colour for the shotgun and rifle since those are the two it's easy to confuse. It shouldn't be too hard to offer a colour-blind mode.

Even if they can't, it wouldn't be worse than the "everything is the same color" scheme we have going on right now

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

I buy the combat shotgun all the time because I am a Bad Player and that means I just run down the list from least expensive to most as I get the dosh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Is funny how with the addition of Parrying fights with FPs and Scrakes ban basically turn into a MMO style holy trinity tank and spank