Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
I hope Herman the German and the Russian characters make it back in although that's a longshot. Can't wait to see the holiday events for KF 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Takes No Damage posted:

Then don't grind, just play the game :v: I don't understand everyone freaking out about how long they think it will take to level up, I was actually disappointed when I hit lv6 everything in KF because it removed a big 'carrot' for me.

I understand where you're coming from. When I hit my Level 6's, my next goal was getting difficulty achievements on all the maps.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

closeted republican posted:

I still expect problems on day one because of how many people will be trying to access the game at once.

Nah, I don't expect it to have many issues. The GTA V PC launch kinda only sucked for about a half hour then poo poo ran smooth. The KF 2 stress test went great, etc etc. I imagine if there are problems it will most likely just be a few hours instead of days of crap.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Grapplejack posted:

Tripwire have you considered talking to Overkill for some of that sweet cross promotion? I want to rob banks as Mr. Foster. :allears:

Please no. Please, please no.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Propaganda Hour posted:

Speaking of which, do we have any information on download size? How big was the beta?

Beta was 4.2 gb.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I'd be down for added character packs a la Payday 2, even though they've been doing that since before Payday 1. What I'm not for is paid weapons ( even though it was great they eventually adopted the Community Pack ) that invites massive power creep. I've been a big supporter of Tripwire through the years simply because they've never followed the lovely DLC practices that other devs do.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Epsilon Plus posted:

Most of the videos I've seen have featured players just firing relentlessly at mobs, but when I played KF I always tried to go for headshots whenever possible unless in Full Goddamn Panic Mode. Did they increase ammo counts or otherwise change the ammo system to be less of a burden on the players, or is this just because Sharpshooter/Gunslinger isn't an available perk yet?

Almost every pub group I've been has been a full group of Commandos who center of mass autofire. I've played with Akumos before and we both seem to top kill lists when we played together.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I was in beta and never deleted it. Bought the game off Steam fine and I didn't have to download anything, let me right in. Literally the same build.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Broose posted:

Well, did it tell you that you were not going to get KF1 or KF2 on the checkout page?

No, I had zero problems. I didn't get the DDE though because nothing in it interested me enough to spend the extra $10 dollars. I'm one of the few who doesn't play as Foster or the DJ and if I want the soundtrack that badly I can rip it from game files.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Questioner, are you guys ever gonna put back in the killed by messages? And the lobbies should show server names imo.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Man, if I'd known Medics got a shotgun I'd have just gone Medic. Getting perks up to cap feels like it's going to be a lot more of a grind, but maybe I'm just getting fooled by the "levels" being broken down into five sublevels between perk slots.

Also, I miss being level 6 on everything. :negative:

If anything, the grind feels way less. In a few hours of playing, I'm already a level 4 Commando with a Level 1 Support solely from offperk shotgunning. I just dislike how they did the Commando perks, especially putting Tactical Reload and Single Shot damage boost on the same tier. That makes absolutely zero sense to me since the best way to play Commando is semi auto and their fast reload was a major plus for an otherwise frowned upon class in KF1.

EDIT : Also, what happened to recoil reduction for ARs?

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Essentially, every "level" you get corresponds to a fifth of a perk level in KF1, which makes it feel like you're progressing faster and gives you some of the bonuses gradually instead of all at once.

I've no problem with that considering the absolute shittiness levelling a Commando was in KF 1.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
From what I saw from Gameservers, they're only offering 6 player slots.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Is there something I am missing or can you not set a favorite server by IP in the server browser? I have a server I'm using but I can't seem to figure out how to actually connect to it in game

You have to click on Server details on a server in the browser, then click the star on the bottom to favorite it. You can't manually search for servers right now except via console command. tilde open ip address

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Questioner86 and Turnways, are you guys going to be taking feedback for the game here or does it have to be posted via Steam or TWI forums? Just curious because I feel a lot of good tuning suggestions would originate here since most goons are basement dwellers who do nothing but play video games or Magic the Gathering all day.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
When you use Call Out for Commando, it only seems that people close to you can see the Stalkers as far as you can. Other people on the other side of the map have reported they don't get the benefit. So far, we don't know what the approximate range of being close to the Commando is to see the Stalkers but I'm assuming around the same range you can see them as the Commando.

Also, Nightvision is useless and should get removed or updated into something that makes it appealing.

and I still think the Level 15 perks need to get separated because having to pick between Single Shot damage and faster reloads is a major gimp to the Commando perk. It should be picking between Single Shot Damage of Automatic Damage imo.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
So I noticed Insult Players is gone. Can we get it back? Pretty please?

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Meldonox posted:

Am I reading this right? Is KF2 actually a good Tripwire sequel, and good enough to buy in early access at that? I loved every moment of the first one, but I didn't dare hope the sequel would hold up.

Give it to me straight guys, I can handle it.

Yes. Sign over your power of attorney to TWI right now.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Bardeh posted:

If I had the beta installed and never deleted it, will I have to redownload everything if I buy into early access?

Yes. The game is literally (surprisingly polished) beta build, you won't have to download anything if you kept it.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

closeted republican posted:

That's my experience as well. Once I hit level 2 with Support, it got much more powerful.

I wish they'd actually give you some improvements when you pick a class off the bat instead of forcing you to level up your perk so you get something as basic as being able to see cloaked Stalkers or have a noticeable penetration bonus with the shotguns. It's pretty stupid.

I don't mind the levelling. Max perk in KF 1, you could only see Stalkers and health up to 16m. I'm almost Level 8 and I can already see up to 25m. I have a feeling classes are going to be WAAAY more powerful as they level and its meant to shift players onto the harder difficulties so the game is ultimately more rewarding.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Kris xK posted:

I wonder how many resets we're gonna have with this EA.

Shhhh!

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

I don't quite think you understand the Commando class.

edit: Read this : http://kf-wiki.com/wiki/Commando It's for KF 1 but generally does apply here since all the principles are the same except for levelling.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

LuciferMorningstar posted:

I'm not really seeing any huge issues here, so feel free to point out the specifics that you think I'm missing. As the page points out, Commando benefits from large magazines and a fast reload, so those seem like the obvious and no-brainer perk choices. Nor does it answer the question of why Commando gets health buffs that, as far as I'm concerned, constitute a durability buff.

You seemed to be describing the Sharpshooter from KF 1 is all. A lot of KF vets will tell you that the Commando has no place in "high level" play because it was pretty much useless compared to anything else you could take into Suicidal or Hell on Earth. They were also quite squishy as a result of not being able to take anything higher than a Husk solo on anything over Hard. That should explain their buffed health and damage bonuses because it looks like TWI is trying to make them a viable "end game" class.

Unfortunately though one thing that really made the Commando great was lowered recoil as you leveled and that seems to have been removed. A lot of the Commando perk combinations don't seem to make sense with what they're paired with for you to pick from and the Nightvision that Beserker and Commando have access to is pretty much useless. If they're going to do extremely dark maps like they used to, something like Nightvision should be an all inclusive thing instead of just limited to two classes that have no real use for them.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

LuciferMorningstar posted:

Okay, this makes sense, so thanks for elaborating. I guess Commando is then intended to be able to shift between constantly being on the front lines and sniping from a distance, without dominating either role as well as another perk could? And that perhaps the perks could use some adjusting?

Commando ( and Firebug ) is the Trash Clearer in Chief. Commando keeps everyone else clear so they can deal with Scrakes and Fleshpounds.

Also, just an update, the Goon Floor 2 server is now switched to Hard. Have at 'em!

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Require More Fire posted:

A little off-topic but what the stigma to EA games? I don't think I've ever bought a game during it's EA cycle before KF2. Is it just a matter of a lot of games paying for extraordinary buggy betas and/or never leaving beta?

Answered your own question. Or some games being outright vaporware.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Grinspork posted:

No discounts on the weapons your perk uses anymore.

What if the current prices ARE the discount prices, just everyone gets them? :tinfoil:

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

MooCowlian posted:

What's the advised commando loadout? At the moment I'm running the scar and whatever medic weapon I feel like grabbing when I have the money.

I roll with the SCAR, Double Barrel, and the shovel just to take up space if I accidentally run over a Vermin or shotgun. Max your grenades because they do a TON of damage to FPs. Don't waste HE nades on Scrakes though.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, the starting rifle for Commando is pretty rear end, all things considered. Weak, low ammo even with the Mag upgrade, and really terrible iron sights. I get more headshots hipfiring it.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Fanzay posted:

The Varmint looks really strange with the tiny thin magazines in a standard AR-15 lower receiver. What is the deal with that, anyway?

Chambered for 9mm? or .22 LR

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Hace posted:

I don't entirely hate it, but my friend who plays zerker says that it can straight up kill him when he's trying to parry a fleshpound or Hans

If he's getting grabbed by trash mobs while fighting Hans, then there's a lot bigger problems than the actual mechanic...

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Parry, parry, parry. If you're close enough to bait the boss into melee attacks, you can stunlock him forever by just parrying right.

If I remember correctly, you used to be able to put Patriarch in a permanent stunlock and that got patched mighty quick.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

MarlyB posted:

How did you do this? I took a quick look through some of the server ini files but didn't see anything.

The darkest of dark magic for web clients.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Broose posted:

I've yet to be on the hard goon servers and even make it to Hans before the wipe. People are still getting used to the game.

First thing I do in biotics lab is toss grenades in that area. Both to watch and clear it out cause I know every pubbie is going to be holding up there even though it is a terrible place to be.

First thing I do on EVERY map, first wave, is hunt down extra weapons to sell. Let everyone else worry about clearing clots, you'll inevitably find some yourself on that quest to make an extra 300 dosh the first wave.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
The LAW in KF1 wasn't bad if you knew how to aim the fucker.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
That would really suck if they took out the LAW and pipe bombs, but it would make sense to stop boss insta-gibs.

Unless they make all three bosses multistage ones. We still don't know if Hans CAN be insta-gibbed though because the right weapons aren't in game.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
For everyone talking about Zed friendly fire, KF 1 had a lot of it too. Fleshpounds would literally mow down EVERYTHING in front of them to get to you, it was pretty hilarious to watch sometimes.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Geight posted:

About a year ago there was a PC Gamer article that was the official reveal of KF2, and if you bought their magazine that month you got a code for the Dosh Foster stuff.

This was only in the UK though, unfortunately.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I kinda feel like FleshPounds need to be tweaked upward. In KF1 seeing that red light appear on his chest was an oh poo poo moment but he does it so often in KF2 it doesn't mean much and even when he rages his damage is still pretty meh. Scrakes are much more of a threat so far compared to FleshPounds

I agree, but if they do this they should revert the Fleshpound rage mechanic back to what it was. I realize a lot of people are loving masochists and want the game to be hard as balls for everyone as well as themselves, but making an insta-rage KF 1 style FP just wouldn't be much fun.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Guys, Akumos was thinking about taking Goon Floor 2 down until more content is added to the game. Are you guys down with this or do you want us to keep it up? As it is now, we made it public because hardly any goons came to play on it so it'd be a waste of money to keep it running for pubbies.

We'd appreciate any feedback, i.e. if you want it to stay up, if you want it to go back on Hard, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
~Goon Floor 2~ has been changed back to Hard/Long. Password is back up and it's lljk.