Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall
I'm loving pumped for all this action, just like my shotguns :getin:

:downsrim:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall
Oh my god look at this game, why can't i spend dosh on it yet

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall
Talking about music mods, I hope there'll be some kind of custom music integration.

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall
Yeah, that's what I meant. I don't want to replace the awesome music that's already there, I'd like to add my tracks to the playlist, just like a GTA custom radio or something.

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall
Uh, could another goon that participated in the beta tell me if they can launch the game ?

EDIT: Be sure to restart steam if you got in the beta !

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall

Carecat posted:

Can't get in to servers.

Same, but it looks like it's because everything's full

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall

alg posted:

My server is up.

Best Friend City

68.232.179.114:7787

Private server for now.

you know its really cool to say that but if we're not going to be able to join

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall

alg posted:

i don't know what that means but there are goons playing on it right now

either someone cracked your password or i'm really blind

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall
Props :black101:

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall

Section Z posted:

I wish I could cause stuff like this on purpose :allears:

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall

Whittle posted:

Just curious if anybody else has seen anything similar? Apart from that one guy nobody else other than myself has seen it - or at least mentioned anything.

It happened to me and my brother. I have no idea what would cause this though.

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall

Geight posted:

My interpretation is that the zeds were more experiments conducted en masse rather than each one meant to be a weapon for war on their own. Like the experiments done to create a Stalker would eventually be adapted onto normal soldiers, who could be modified to go invisible while doing stuff out in the field. I also always assumed that the Patriarch (and now I guess the other bosses) were actively producing more zeds from the still-functioning Horzine facilities scattered around the world.

Yup, it makes Horzine's advertisement much more logical if you take it this way.

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall
Can't wait for a SAA then because it will be the lewdest poo poo ever

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall

Kitfox88 posted:

Just because you had the autism to grind it out the slow way doesn't mean you got skill along with it mate.

Uh, actually, I'm pretty sure you do, at the very least you get actual "experience" with the game, especially if you go from Normal at level 0 to HoE at ~20.

This, and chucking nades at Clots for 30 minutes sound even less fun than a Normal length game at level 0, sorry.

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall

Whale Cancer posted:

I want Zerkers to not slow down at all during Zedtime. That would be a hell of a perk

How much do you bet it's gonna be a Martial Artist thing ?

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall

The Missing Link posted:

What's with the Dosh medallions on Manor? What happens when you find them all?

Cheevo

:toot:

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall

Require More Fire posted:

I thought the in-game explanation for specimens is that they're all just weird mutations of the base clot, hosed around with in different ways?

That's the KF2 explanation. Which, imo, sucks balls

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall
Taking Speed Load'n should be a crime imo, there's nothing like the feeling of slamming a long silver bullet into a well greased chamber.

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall
He's got the glasses !

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall
I've started playing this again on/off, is there some kind of goon group like I know payday has ? I'd love to practice my speaking skills sometime.

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall

Stanley Pain posted:

4.5GB is pretty small for a content patch...

WTF is up with people always bitching about patch sizes in TYOL 2017?

Most of the world still has what you'd call atrocious internet speed, you know

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall
The .500s clown on this weekly's boss. Solo'd it, felt pretty good about it

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall
This game's pretty fun ! I'm glad I just stopped playing during its rocky periods, the only minor grip I have is how resistant Gorefiends are. They should not require half a deagle's mag to put down !

The bosses are also pretty tedious, but I'm slowly learning. I can solo patty & hand pretty reliably (I mainly play solo games) but KFP's wrecking me.

I hope this game somehow earns a second wind eventually. the community's little (as deserved, of course) but I feel that the game in its current state should be able to regain some steam if they play their cards right.

I dunno, most players I had the chance to play with were good people. I played a suicidal game as Medic to carry a Zerker, and he friended me as the game went to poo poo cause we weren't ready for the difficulty. That's one he'll of an experience, and I hope it stays that way.

Ledgy fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Oct 26, 2017

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall
Eh. Just like Payday, the base game hasn't suffered a bit from this, and getting a steam cent when you complete a game instead of nothing doesn't hurt. But yeah it does suck a bit on principle I agree

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall
I wanted to send some dosh the devs' way with the commando chicken thing, but I didn't 'cuz it's only a stupid suit. Here I was imagining how its personnality would've been.

aniviron posted:

Something KF2 has over KF1 and Payday though is that it's just cosmetics. Even in a PVE game weapon selection matters, and it really sucked in Payday when you had a glock & AR15 and your teammate had an M79 40mm and sniper rifle in the same two slots. Sure, you'd still win alongside your friend but... it's a real fun vacuum when your friend is a deathgod and you've got twin pea-shooters. KF1 wasn't as bad about this, but it could still be a bit obnoxious.

I was about to argue about how PD2's microtransactions with the vaults weren't a big deal, and then I remembered how 90% of its content is DLC. In retrospect, yeah gently caress that

Ledgy fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Oct 27, 2017

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall

Revolver Bunker posted:

Is the Commando Chicken not a new character but just a suit?

Yeah it's only a suit. Big bummer.

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall
Alright some weird poo poo just happened to me. 2 Krampuses spawned at once and they magically died after a minute. I ain't even mad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall
Ah, so that's what must've happened in my first Abomination fight where this exactly happened, but I didn't know what caused the instant death.