Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

My hype level for this game has gone from "Might pick up when it's cheap and established like I did with KF1" to "Probably getting on release when it's a little more put together" to "Definitely buying over my phone when Early Access drops and remote downloading so it will be ready when I get home" in, like, a week.

It must be incredibly exciting for Tripwire to have so many people with such intense interest in an early access release, but I certainly don't envy them right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

This game is just crazy amounts of fun so far :aaa:

Phenom II X4 945, Geforce 750 Ti and 8gb of vintage DDR2 RAM, and it runs like butter on high at 900p

Biggest complaint so far: if you're in the middle of reloading and start holding down the hold-to-ironsight button, it doesn't automatically snap to ironsights when the reload sequence is done :(

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Do healing grenades not go off if they hit a bad guy? I keep throwing heal grenades that keep squibbing and every time its in a crowded area.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Tanreall posted:

That's because a siren is in the area. If their scream hits your grenade it'll be a dud.

Ooooohhhhhh thank you this was driving me nuts

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

The Combat Shotgun really does needs something on the positive side of the equation other than "semi-automatic" because right now on the negative that's up against "restricted ammo, long reloads, expensive and heavy"

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Oh drat, the burst fire on the Varmint Rifle feels awful. I think it might actually be worse as a rapid fire tool than semi. The burst needs to be much faster, right now it's so chunky and slow and bad :(

The semi-automatic mode is great, though. I always just stick it in semi first thing and don't look back.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Yesterday I joined a public server with three people in it. The first thing I noticed were the furry avatars that all three of them had. The next thing I noticed was the barrage of ethnic slurs being targeted at me.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

The only thing that really bugs me about the grabbing is that it's usually an enemy from directly behind you, and snapping a full 180 in about three rendered frames is dizzying. I'd suggest adding a longer pause between getting grabbed and facing the enemy, but then I think about all the times getting grabbed in a fracas has already nearly killed me :ohdear:

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Funkstar Deluxe posted:

Anyone getting random stutters/1-3s freezes while playing the game?

Happens really often when changing between players in spectator mode.

I've been having it happen when I first join a server, especially once I start connecting with my crew near the resupply pod. Every time I think "I should turn down the detail next round" and every time it clears up almost instantly, causing me to forget to test turning down the settings next round.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

I'll agree with some of what's been said about the boss. The invulnerability phases aren't really communicated to the player, getting one shot by gas grenades is lame, and I only learned about the "three heals" thing from this thread this morning. He's just not much fun to fight.

MadBimber posted:

First time I saw a scrake on hard, I turned a corner and he just pointed at me. Then he pirouetted me to death. I think it's my favorite animation in the game so far.

The scrake's callout point is tied for me with the clot's zombie stomp. This game has great animations.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

I've gotten the hang of the Hans fight and I'm having more fun with it, though I still wish he glowed something unmistakable (like white) when invulnerable. Can't wait for the other two bosses.

After some more trigger time, I still really dislike how slow the burst is on the Varmint Rifle. If its burst was much snappier, I would officially love all four of the Commando's weapons.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Quality of Life Request: Replace the nightvision perk with a headlamp or a wearable flashlight on your jacket. Two reasons:

1) the flashlights in this game look awesome and being able to light an area for myself and my team regardless of weapon and without reloading or sprinting affecting the beam would make me actually use it from time to time

2) nobody likes nightvision in any game ever

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Broose posted:

-Differentiate the fleshpound's show up sting a bit more from the Scrakes. For some reason I can't really tell them apart unless I hear the chainsaw noise of the scrakes sting.

-Headless enemies track you way too well for being sensory deprived.

I agree with you to varying degrees across the board but I wanted to single out these two because I super-agree with them.

When a Scrake or Fleshpound shows up, if I didn't catch the sound of their weapon, all I hear is "big yelling thing what kick our asses" The sounds being more thoroughly distinct would help.

The headless enemies being as good at tracking as they are almost seems like a bug or oversight, I'm sure that's something that'll change a bit over the early access lifespan.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Insert name here posted:

They should bump the Combat Shotgun's ammo up to 80 base like the AA-12 if they're going to keep it at the current price and weight so when I do feel like using one I don't feel like I'm gimping myself by almost halving my available ammo.

Alternatively, lower its weight to 4 and make it a viable alternative backup to the AA-12 and still allow for a heal pistol

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

RickDaedalus posted:

How would they know to do that? Is there a backpack on me like the perk says? Or do I have to tell everyone I picked the Supplier Perk?

When people are near you, they get a "Press E to get ammo from [name here]" option

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

I am pro-clot-grab in general, though I do wish the whip-around was smoother when you get grabbed from directly behind you

I would also like to put myself down as extremely in favor of the "wooo spring break" animation cysts do when they pop out of sewers

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Ryuga Death posted:

Does the supplier thing work once per wave? Like, you get one ammo pack from the support person in wave 1 and then you can get another during wave 2, etc?

That's how it works, as far as I can tell

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's a thought: tap Q to heal yourself, hold Q to equip the syringe / heal others. Make it behave like doors and the welder, essentially.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Saint Freak posted:

They re-purposed the map Hedgehog from Red Orchestra into KF1 as Farm. You know what you must do Tripwire. The one map anyone played.

I didn't even know how badly I wanted to play RO-Danzig in Killing Floor 2 but now I'm actually upset that I can't play it right now :(

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Yeah, I was wondering about those. Is 5% armor only during Zed time some sort of gag, jape or goof-'em-up?

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Section Z posted:

I still think taking the Commando's backup perk and giving something like it to the Berzerker as a replacement for either lovely level 5 talent would be cool.

That lawnmower blade might actually see some use ever then. Maybe. Okay even +40% damage to the lawnmower blade wouldn't be enough to use it over any other Zerker melee, particularly as the levels go up...

I just feel like it's such a waste that the melee perk has so little reason to use it's basic melee weapon, you know?

Yeah I agree, Backup would make a lot more sense on Zerk. It would both boost the least-used melee weapon of the melee weapon class, and boost the only ranged weapon they're guaranteed to carry.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

I'm glad that they're prioritizing getting the current content functioning and not doing too much with new content or balance tweaks. That said, I'm looking forward to seeing what develops over the coming months.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Alkydere posted:

Seriously, make grenade tosses cancel reloads. Its desperately needed, especially on Support with the double barreled shotgun.
And I thought I felt this pain alone...

Grenades canceling reloads would be a huge quality of life improvement

Edit: awesome, it was addressed in the time it took me to post :c00l:

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Psion posted:

reduce 1014 weight to the same as the double barrel, suddenly it is a viable option to the "med pistol/double barrel/AA-12" One True Loadout

then you'd have the choice of rapid semi-auto with longer reloads against a double-barrel's shitload of buckshot with constant shorter reloads.

100% agreed. Plus it dovetails nicely with the +5 carry weight skill, since that will let you carry a pump action for mopping up trash mobs in addition to your medic pistol, AA12 godkiller and choice of semi or break action.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Having a couple doors here and there welded in an area can make for nice control valves against getting swarmed with too many zeds at once. The problems come from people welding too many doors, and welding them too soon. Once they're destroyed they're gone for good, and a lot of people burn them up before they can be helpful.

What I like to do is weld a door or two in an area adjacent to the area my team is hanging around during the mid-to-late rounds. Not the main entrances to that area, but the entrances to one of the corridors or rooms that leads to it. It'll preoccupy a few zeds with bashing, plus reroute the rest on a longer path that will clump more of them together, but won't waste your panic attack "oh poo poo we need to buy seven Fleshpoundless seconds and now" doors.

Edit: or just weld whatever because as long as you're not being obtrusive most well-adjusted people won't care

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Azran posted:

What's the planned number of weapons for release, by the way? And out of curiosity, any plans for DLC perks a-la Payday 2?

It sounds like it's going to be ten perks with four weapons per, so at least forty without counting the 9mm or backup melee.

Thus far the only DLC we're pretty certain of is cosmetics, since it looks like the mechanisms are in place to handle tons of characters and clothes.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Also: have movement momentum effect melee damage

Also also: have falling momentum effect melee damage

Let my running ten foot leap pulverizer drops mean something

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Azran posted:

I do wish flashlights were a player model thing and not limited to certain weapons. Even then, that one poster who mentioned there's no penalty for setting your gamma really high made me think of a flashbang-like Zed.

Musluk posted:

TWI change the night vision perk to 30% more battery on flashlight please
Do both of these: wearable flashlight with longer duration as perk skill

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Taffer posted:

One of the many reasons why he's a dumb annoying boss

Yeah, I'm fine with bosses having various stages that they have to go through, but it's extremely stupid that the transition between those phases requires a blood offering from the players

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

HellCopter posted:

People should stop thinking of Hans' grabs as "heals" and more as "opportunities to shoot the guy while I run in a circle." They're really more like breathers than attacks.

You know that he doesn't take damage during that phase right

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

I like the idea of having some double-bladed gorefasts for variety's sake

Man it feels weird making requests for more enemies, like, "yeah, make something that I can curse in god's name real good while it kills me"

Edit: "Dear Tripwire: I am seeking hitherto unknown sources of pain. Please demonstrate to me the pleasures of the new flesh."

DoombatINC fucked around with this message at 04:10 on May 5, 2015

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

They've said they're planning for each class to have four weapons, so the gear the current classes have is the gear they're gonna have

...yeah, I miss my KSG too :(

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

"The Combat Shotgun Is Super Duper Bad" has been a topic of conversation here a few times, hope they're listening :allears:

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

If the combat shotgun had a weight of four I would consider it totally fixed

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Getting Zerks up to snuff should totally take priority over basically every other issue every other class has right now

but on the other hand

just change an 8 to a 4 guys and you're done you're done

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Yeah but four means all that plus the medic healing pistol, which is something I want because I'm greedy and I want it

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

I would honestly prefer creating a new perk to making the regen perk more useful. I'd prefer something that cuts the syringe recharge time by a third, which would do the same basic job but encourage more attentive play.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

The AK-12 has such a satisfying burst, if they reproduced it 1:1 on the Varmint Rifle it would make its burst setting totally worth using

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

I'm a huge proponent of zed time, but honestly, if it gave a one second shred of notice before popping off, I wouldn't mind that one bit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Capn Beeb posted:

The pump shotgun is great, I especially love the one shot reloads you can do now that they're fixed.

This is genuinely one of my favorites little touches in the game. Being able to rack the pump open, manually load the chamber, slam it shut, fire and repeat is some seriously scrappy life-or-death poo poo and I love it.

My biggest gripe is that you don't hold the shotgun quite level when loading it so the snap to the firing animation is jerky and bad, but that's so the kind of thing that can go to the back of the priorities list.