Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
RIP AND TEAR! Game is gonna own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet

Salsa McManus posted:

Does modifying the blood decal limit and blood pool size change anything or is it just body count at the moment?

I haven't tried but I do know body count is a separate value. I put mine at like 150 or something and I'm doing ok. Had it at 250 and wave 7 became a slideshow, but it looked badass.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet

Psion posted:

hey tripwire guys,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gc7Jj3aLKA

please make it so I can actually use a pod instead of wasting my once-per-wave resupplies from a support with Supplier when we're all at the pod. as you can see I'm right up in the pod's normal range, push E: I resupply from one support, then the next, then the pod. that's the exact opposite of what I want that button to do at that time. This is very frustrating :(

Or have the resupply reset at the start of the new round.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
Double Skraked: https://youtu.be/oGScolhXmSU

Skrakes :argh:

Also lol
Cliffdiver NOOOOOO!: https://youtu.be/Xk8gqu1yMww

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
It's nice to be reassured that when I was aiming down sites on a gorefast and nothing happened, it wasn't because I somehow spazzed out on the mouse at the last second. I'm happy there is a bug fix patch already. Was starting to wonder how long the updates would take. Questioner and Turnways, game is awesome and it's made me stay up way to late since it came out.

Unrelated, I hope they do something for zerks though. On normal they seem fine, but once you go to hard mode, they feel underwhelming and if they miss a parry, you're playing a man down in a split second. Give them some sort of ability where they can heal a small percentage of life for hits or something. I dunno. Game owns though

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
So I had a graphics bug happen today. Was in the game in borderless mode and was alt+tabbing out a few times to get some capture settings right and all the UI elements went to the top left. This isn't the first time it's happened so just posting here.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet

LuciferMorningstar posted:

Based on comparing how long it takes for a non-medic's medic pistol to regen darts against a medic's medic pistol, it seems like the medic perk applies to dart recharge rate as well. Consequently, it might also apply to potency. The syringe might heal the most health, but that doesn't mean it's strictly the better option, since it's not long range and it is clunky.

There is also the issue that the syringe is currently a pain in the rear end to get to connect. In KF1 you can do a fly by and if you were reasonably close it'd register the heal. Now you have to pin the person in a corner and have the thing wedged into their torso before it'll heal someone. Which sucks because most people are running around like crazy when you need them heals.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
Does anyone have video of the garage map? I'd like to see how pitch black it gets.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet

Require More Fire posted:

Rad, thanks!

EDIT: So like everything is destructible and there's some neat physics effects, particularly that the lanterns the children hold out in the garden will swing when hit. Also there was this

this just takes the cake. i woke up my kid laughing. Can't wait to try this out.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
Swat needs one of these, so you can punch big holes in to zed chests

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
Anyone up for some killing flours? I haven't played in a while but looking to shoot zeds with some people.

nvm bed time. maybe another night.

Inside Out Mom fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Jul 4, 2015

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
That CS:GO was hilarious and then reminded me why I stopped playing C:GO pretty quick.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet

Section Z posted:

I haven't played Chivalry in quite a while but I still have this to say about Chiv guy in KF

HE BETTER loving HAVE A PROPER AMOUNT OF CHIV YELLING :argh:

C C C C Ccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc

This. If he has a lot of the original voice acting and is constantly yelling I will never choose another class. Chivalry is one of my favorite games and this is just extra icing on the cake. Also I'm really glad I took a break a couple months ago from this game. I love it, and knew that the updates would take a while. Can't wait to jump back into the fray. AGATHAAAAAAAAA

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
Just played a couple of games and having a blast. One thing I'd like to see is for a medic, could you either make health and armor disappear when full, or change color? I know it's not a big deal, but it would help when I'm trying to see who I haven't healed, and the black background blends into the darkness of the level.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet

Revolver Bunker posted:

Aim down sight when you are going to heal another player. A blue crosshair will appear and lock on to the player after about half a second. Then press the heal dart and it will home in on the person. You can still do it without aiming but I found the dart to be a bit more accurate this way. Also keep in mind that your darts heal over time so while it may look like a player is still missing health they may just be slowly healing from your last dart. If they don't beep then your healing dart don't reap.

Thanks. That is some stuff I didn't know.

If you want to get a group going send me a request or a message.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/znorps/

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
Did some more ADS with medic weapons. No one ever went below 50% health even on hans. Thanks for the tips. Man this game is fun.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
About to get some zed killin on. Message me on steam if you'd like to get a group going.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ao6oz21yQGE

Loving this game, and I'm really excited to see where it is once all content is added.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
I think when you get the xp+ in the bottom corner of your screen you'll also see where the xp is being applied to.

example:

Inside Out Mom fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Aug 30, 2015

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
So I made a thing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qgKJvWb-FE

Really loving this game. Very happy I can set the bodies back up to a respectable number. Maps were looking too clean.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet

Flipswitch posted:

Not sure if I imagined this but is there a shuffle button in game for the soundtrack?

I wish there was an option to dump mp3s into a folder so you could have custom music

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet

Zernach posted:

So I finally caved in now that they added Firebug to the game, but to my suprise I've been having a lot of fun with Support so far. The shotguns are just so satisfying. I'm nearing lvl 5 on it and thinking about moving to Hard since Normal has been a cakewalk so far, any tips?

I tried to join the goon servers too, but I'm not sure if I'm missing something. I opened the console, pasted the commands but then nothing happens.

Same here

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
Demo with LAR would be pretty nice.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet

add me if you want to play. I'll be out on Saturday night, but tonight and Sunday I plan on gettin rowdy on some zeds.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
I love how filthy the levels get in these games.

Up the body count to 75.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPsfX6URf1M

More fun with splosions

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet

moot the hopple posted:

Debating whether I should get Chivalry just so I'll always have the zweihander :negative:

You should get Chivalry because it's awesome AND you get to be a Knight with a Zwei in KF2.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
Yeah. That's one of those fine line things. Like, it'd be great if you got the outlines if you joined late or something and could find your team, but I like the horror movie factor of having to actually keep line of sight on your team. I feel like it adds to the claustrophobic feel of the games intention. If you get cut off, you better hope your team hasn't booked it to a different room. And it's the penalty you get for not communicating that you're getting overwhelmed and need help.

My biggest gripe is not being able to hold the grenade launcher and the rpg. Right now when I get the chance to run demo, I go medic smg and rpg as I normally go medic anyway and I just get too much enjoyment out of launching a rocket and just splattering groups of zeds.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
The haunted mansion custom map needs to become official. Also please make doors not break forever. We had a good strategy of welding them up so everyone could recover and take out manageable batches of them last night and running into the fray with a microwave gun was one of the best experiences yet.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet

Metrohunter posted:

there are people posting in this thread right now who play as the knight and don't use ye sunglasses

Such heresy!

Also, mod your bodies in the ini. Dropping to single digit fps isn't that bad when things look this good.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
Zerk with a zweihander and a microwave gun is just the tits.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
Suicidal is pretty tough but, yeah you will find better players that have no problem helping where help is needed.

also

SKRAKES ON A PLANE

Inside Out Mom fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Sep 12, 2015

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
Dear Questioner86 and Turnways,

One of your zeds decided he wanted make some changes in his life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_U_iYEpgLY

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet

Zernach posted:

Speaking of, I'm having this problem. The steam group that Dorkasaurus started is dead as a door nail and poking my head around in the CTS Mumble has been a dud too. Any other groups/chats you use to group up? Or is my problem just that there aren't a lot of euro goons playing this game?

add me and harass me. I travel during the week, but weekends I'm normally in CTS with some others in the KF2 section. Just be warned there are a lot of bad jokes and a lot of my getting killed because I don't pay attention to my health. Still have fun though!

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
you say somethin bout scrakes on a plane?

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet

Firebug is a very lucrative position. I can normally get a microwave by like wave 4 or 5 if I'm careful and have a good team. After that I become the team bank. You get a taste of just about every kill that happens. Also scrakes just melt to the microgun. But remember (as I normally forget) you are very squishy, which is to counter balance that. So if you decide to run down a hall melting poo poo make sure you don't get surrounded or you're hosed. But yeah. Super fun man.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet

LuciferMorningstar posted:

This will require substantial practical testing, but I'm coming to suspect that Demo might actually plausibly have some utility in the fight against Hans. Assume that the spreadsheet I'm working off of has data that is sufficiently accurate. If we have a max-level Demo, then his C4 will deal about 1,000 damage for a direct hit. The radiation damage from that, which seems to count as "toxic" damage, is 1.25 times as strong and applies itself once per second for eight seconds, so 1,250 damage per second for eight seconds, for a total of 10,000 damage. Given that information, it becomes obvious why radiation damage is so good at absolutely destroying practically everything it touches. From what I can see, the only thing that stands a chance of surviving that, beyond Hans, is a six-man HoE Pound with 8,137 health. If the Pound is 50% resistant to toxic damage as the spreadsheet claims, then a direct explosion plus a full dose of radiation would leave the aforementioned Pound with 1,637 health (a 5-man HoE Pound would probably survive, but with hardly any health to speak of). This isn't relevant to Hans, of course, but it should show that the radiation skill is incredibly powerful.

Hans, now, appears to be 50% resistant to both explosive damage and toxic damage. Thus, the damage from a C4 explosion plus its radiation damage is limited to 5,500. I loaded a test map on HoE and spawned Hans. He should have 5,425 health in this scenario. I threw a brick of C4 on him, triggered Zed Time, and detonated the C4. After a small period of time, Hans died. Thus, I feel fairly confident saying that the overall damage from such an explosion can hit at least 5,500, if not perhaps more. The first question, then, is this: Can Zed Time reliably be triggered during the fight against Hans? I know that it can be triggered since a) I've seen it happen, and b) Zeds do start spawning at a point during that fight, so it makes sense that it can be triggered. The real issue is whether or not you can get that Zed Time at least once, if not more that once, per Hans heal phase.

If we assume that you can get an average of one Zed Time per heal phase, except for the first phase when there are no Zeds, then you've got a reliable 5,500 damage against Hans. Does that matter? I don't have a good answer for that particular question. For six man matches, Hans has 22,443 health on Suicidal, and 25,768 health on HoE. Given that information, 5,500 damage seems somewhat insubstantial. However, it's 5,500 damage that you put in very little effort to obtain. For comparison, a mag of AA-12 from a 25 Support, assuming all pellets connect, should deal 4,375 damage. I'm not terribly confident about the math on this, but the Microwave gun seems like it might do as much as 8,250 damage per mag, assuming you put the full beam into Hans.

I'm not making any firm claims at this point, but it's probably worth doing some experimenting with approaches to quickly killing Hans. From a theoretical perspective, it looks like there are a few approaches that could be really, really good.

lol get a load of this nerd

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
About to hop on for a bit. If you'd like to try to group up for hard mode+ send me a message.

Steam Profile: DungeonsandDragQueens

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
I guess I'm an weirdo. I like the leveling system, but I think it can be adjusted for sure. I like that the game starts you low level, and as you level you learn how the perk works. Once you get to the point where the waves are easy, you move up and now you still keep learning the little things about the perk, but you also have to learn how to deal with new enemy behavior. I'm not as well versed in these game, so I feel like it helps me learn different things along the way.

I don't normally give a poo poo about people hacking their levels, it's coop after all. I do get frustrated though when you see some rear end hat at level 25 on hard mode who doesn't know the in's and outs of the game already. I'm not great at the game by any stretch but a hacked 25 is way easy to spot.

As for my wishes for the game:

Fix demo. The pistol sucks. Either bigger explosions or more ammo or something.
Demo needs more ammo all around
Make rpg 9 kg so I can get a bit more creative with my load out.

Make it so your top tier weapon always drops on death! Seriously you guys. If I'm doing a panic heal and get dead, it should still drop the top weapon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

Does that mean that the Husk has a tindr on his arm?

yes and yes and I won't listen to anything to the contrary from this moment forth.