Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
I'm trying to set up a dedicated server but getting the

quote:

ERROR! Failed to install app '232130' (No subscription)

Since the wiki recommends that I have a separate steam account for my dedicated server does that mean I need to peel off one of my 6-pack installs and gift it to my steam server account?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Penpal posted:

That's what it is. If you look closely, the red goop is telling you the door is hosed up and going to blow soon, regardless of how much welding goop you have on it. The blue weld isn't as strong, but it's showing you the door is fine. Even if you keep the weld up on a door, like the red example, it will fail after a certain threshold.

The doors have strength too :wth: is that new?

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Azran posted:

Any goons doing a six-pack? I've got $35 in my Paypal account and I still want to save $10 for something else this week :v:

I've got one or two left. PM me and we can do the deal :)

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Akumos posted:

Patch hosed my server for a while but I brought it back as a Suicidal 10 wave for a bit

open 104.156.246.12:7777

I'm still having the patch problem (if I add the password string) and if I don't I get the screenshot linked above.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
One of my buddies had that problem until he added the "-dx10" flag to his KF2 launch options.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Does anyone know why I'm getting this error when trying to connect to the Goon servers?

It's been that way since the patch a few weeks ago.

edit: It's JUST the goon servers, or alternatively, JUST when I do an "open x.x.x.x" in console.

Hed fucked around with this message at 21:50 on May 9, 2015

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

JohnnySavs posted:

Another technical problem: after a random blue-screen memory error I now get a crash on startup (with the bug report window) all the time. Tried re-installing the game, re-installing my video card drivers, rebooting, etc. with no luck. I saw mention of a 64 vs 32 bit dll issue in a Steam thread but so far I'm still locked out. :( Anyone experience this, or something similar?

I had a friend with this issue and running the '-dx10' flag fixed it. Or maybe it was -dx11. Try adding one of those to the launcher and see if it works.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

I got it (open #.#.#.#?Password=password) but now I'm getting an error: Downloading package 'FX_Gameplay_EMIT' failed: Error opening file.

I googled around a bit and found nothing useful or helpful, except toward GameServers.net customers - apparently, submit a ticket and they fix it.

I'm getting the same error on both goon servers, so I assume it's on my end. Does anybody know what's happening and how to fix it?

I've been getting the same error since the 1007 patch. It's only on the goon servers / console joining servers, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
How is/was the Christmas theme?

KF1 had an awesome event with Christmas maps and turning the enemies into messed up Christmas versions like the Gingerfast. zYnthetic had a great soundtrack too.