Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
Yes I do, Shotcut, autocorrect, 4am, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

The Missing Link posted:

Sounds like I should explore more while playing.

Oh, wait, that will get me separated from the others so I get swarmed and die.

GIT GUD or do those kind of achievements on Normal like a scrub (me) . I actually use stuff like that to run around and familiarize myself with new maps, so by the time I'm up to Sui/HoE I know where the good camp/fallback/escape places are.

At first I thought the infinite spawner sounded too easy to exploit, you know some spergs would just stand there and mass kill zeds rather than try to complete the objective, but as long as there are no ammo drops anywhere that would put the pressure to get to Point B before everyone runs out of gunfood. Plus weren't a lot of the objectives from KF1 like that anyway, zeds keep spawning until whatever objective is complete?

glomkettle posted:

If you drop a weapon you found on the ground and pick it back up, it sells for £150 :ssh:

Unless you keep throwing them down just as another player is running in front of you so they catch it, then you get 0 dosh :(

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

suuma posted:

This game would be way more fun if the four characters either had more than three lines each or stopped talking for more than half a second.

There's an option in the settings to reduce battle chatter. I haven't got to try the new 'classic' characters yet but without that so-bad-it's-good b-movie thing the first game's VAs had yeah these new guys get boring to listen to quick.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Alteisen posted:

These are all things I've seen, you can ask toaster if you don't believe me, I've had games with 4 medics at a time and not a single has bothered to heal anyone, they usually just die last, not lowbies either, medics in their 20's or 25.

Remember that grinding map from my gif? I see probably a dozen servers running it every time I go through the server browser. There are a whole lot of "Level 20" players that aren't.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
What is it about Husks that they get all the best ragdolls?
http://gfycat.com/UnacceptableDimwittedElephantseal

Was discussed earlier in the thread but having Berserker/Dragon have some kind of unarmed grappling type moves would be pretty sweet.
SUPERSLAM http://gfycat.com/ClutteredDistortedHapuka

In which Hans gets Stabbed in the Back with a Hammer
http://gfycat.com/KeyColorlessIguana

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Kinda mostly solo'd Hans for the first time... on Normal :shobon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pTkIslzWl4

I joined a Normal game to hunt for Dosh medallions and the lv9 Commando actually took a break and helped me find them all, he probably got more of them than I did. We smoked the rest of the waves (I was lv18 Support so pretty OP for Normal) but Commando buddy died to Hans after his first heal. I ran around and managed to survive getting drained 2 more times and squeaked out a win.

So for anyone looking for Hans strats what seems to be working for me is to bum rush him from around a corner so he doesn't have time to throw nades, then circle around him like a Scrake, at close range he'll try to melee you and most of his attacks will miss behind you. You'll see I was doing pretty well until I slowed down and he caught me with a bayonet combo.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
There is no offline mode. Half of the achievement from beating a map comes from doing so with a rag tag assortment of pubs with varying levels of competence and/or trolling. Playing with people who know what they're doing feels like cheating to me now :(

p.s. demo and fireguy where dey at.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
One of the strange new strategies with the new experience system is 'tagging' zeds for future XP. I try to put at least a single pistol round into every Scrake and FP I see no matter what class I am, then 2 minutes later I get 35XP when the rest of the team finally takes it down. So far it's only happened once that that single pistol shot ended up raging the Scrake :downs:

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Wouldn't hold my breath at this point, TW said they don't like to release patches right before the weekend so I'd guess early next week as the new best-case scenario.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

:sbahj: :perfect:

Would be fun if the blowback was super powerful but very short range, so a Demo strategy becomes jumping into a mass of zeds, turning around and firing the other way at some far away zeds while you instagib everything around you.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

drrockso20 posted:

So does the Microwave Gun just set things on fire or will it make Zeds it kills explode like an over cooked hot dog?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIrd4172Czw&t=110s
Skip to 1:50 if the timestamp doesn't work.

edit: Firebug DoT going into hyperburn during ZedTime is the first lv25 perk that actually sounds good to me, especially if setting a bunch of stuff on fire at once is still a good way to trigger ZT in the first place. I think a good direction to go with the ZedTime stuff is to keep enhancing things that are already happening, not boost specific things then try to make people perform certain acts in the 2 seconds of slowdown. Stuff like firing and moving normally is OK, but the fire damage thing sounds p.nice.

Takes No Damage fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Aug 1, 2015

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

moot the hopple posted:

That's my main problem with the dosh hunting achievement: whenever a new map drops, it severely cuts down on playable servers because cheevo hunters will hold a server ransom on wave 1 until they find all the dosh.

It's not so bad if it's a group decision, but just one or 2 players with everyone else dead is pretty lovely. It also helps when the dosh spawns aren't LITERALLY bullshit like in Biolab. I had to have a fellow goon carry me through that one and I still never saw the last medal (the one way up in the rafters of the central room). The other maps weren't too nasty, as long as I can find like 20 by myself I'm OK with having to look up the last 10 or so. So far Manor has the best balance, you should go hunt on that one :)

vvv That would hardly have helped, you showed me where it was but I never actually saw the drat thing. Just threw random nades until it popped. Biolab seems to be the worst about putting medals like 100 yards outside the playable area of the map, I don't remember any in the Manor like that. A few in Paris and the snow fort but like half of them are like that in Biolab. The TW employee who placed those was having a lovely Monday or something :(

Takes No Damage fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Aug 11, 2015

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Bunch of new posts in the KF2 thread, finally an update!

t:mad:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
What if instead of having all these ZedTime perks just kick off automatically, instead you could just build up charges like crits in TF2 or something, that you could then choose to activate during ZedTime. So like if my Support has a 'Fire at Normal Speed' charge ready to go, but ZT activates when I'm reloading, I just don't use it. But the next time when I've got half a clip left in my AA12 with a Scrake bearing down, I can hit the new ZT Skill button and get some extra firepower into him during the slowdown. Charges could build up slowly over time by performing 'class skills' i.e. heals for Medics, headshots for SS/Commando etc.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
You should have a medic pistol at all times for every class. 1 weight and 200 dosh even off perk? Yes please. It makes a pretty big difference when even half the team does this, so when you get routed out of your camp spot and are all running away you can switch over and dart a couple of dudes to help keep the team alive.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
After a successful parry the riposte with a zwei is the Dark Souls overhead smash. Make my dreams come true TW!

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

FaustianQ posted:

I have no idea where to go on T4 because we're talking pistols mostly,

+

=

:clint:

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

I've played the KF1 modded Gunslinger perk, and I didn't think it was a Sharpshooter replacement at all. If anything, it was more similar to Commando.

I forget what modded KF1 server it was, but I got a few levels into some custom Gunslinger perk. I remember you kept getting bigger clips as you leveled, and with dual 9mm you could hold down LMB and fire crazy fast, it was basically a mini-mac10 in each hand. Commando did more damage but the strength of Gunslinger was being able to carry more and more clips

so after a while you could be continually firing for the entire wave if you didn't waste too much ammo. There was also COWBOY MODE where if you had light armor and two pistols out you moved faster and did bonus pistol damage. It was pretty fun, so TW either do that or yea just copy a bunch of Call of Juarez: Gunslinger code and paste it into the next content update :clint:

Theta Zero posted:

I really hope the gunslinger's melee is just pistol whipping with an unloaded revolver, and hitting reload lets you spin it infinitely.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHlldvAVBnE

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Was away for a bit, been catching up with Firebug and Demo. Everybody talks about how good the boom-on-contact grenade perk is, but the first time I tried it I just kept hurting myself. At higher levels and with the explosive resistance perk does it drop things down enough so you can just facetank a group of zeds with dynamite and come out of it OK? Stack all that with the stumble perk and you could use your dynamite as a 5-shell supershotgun, stunning all heavys and punking on Sirens :happyelf:

Firebug is pretty cool and good. I just hit 15 last night and went right to instability or whatever, makes a huge difference in their ability to control an area. Now I can run up to a group of trash and more often than not blow them all up in a few seconds when one or two of them dies.

A few things that are still really bothering me: We need an icon or some other way to tell between Support supplier and Demo supplier, so I know if I'm about to get ammo or a grenade. and TW PLEASE make the (probably) easy code change and make supplier perks refresh at the END of Trader time, not that the beginning. The beginning of waves would also work.

And finally, an achievement suggestion. I feel like I'd be more like half way through this one by now

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Burn the Heretic. Kill the Zed. Purge the Pubbie.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Mesadoram posted:

Blood for the Blood God.

Gibs* and Fluids* for the M.E.A.T. God

Also TW please make it so players don't consume ammo if they are already full on everything. And I think we can still 'use' supplier charges even with full ammo. Stop it.

Still sad that a Judge shell pistol isn't in there somewhere, if we're getting a .500 then dump the Deagle for something more interesting I M O.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Section Z posted:

Thanks for showing off all the cool looking guns to this gun ignorant person.

Choice and taste in guns aside, there are only two :tinfoil: worries I have about Gunslinger.

What point a freshly spawned gunslinger of any level has on Wave 1, compared to spawning as a commando with the backup talent. Or even a medic. From the sound of things they will not be getting passive benefits to the 9mm, so for trash clear you only get a baby six shooter that can kill six whole clots (if you don't miss any headshots) before reloading.

Another good maybe Gunslinger only perk: pistol piercing. Just apply the numbers from shotguns to the GS tiers and you could line up shots and take out multiple zeds with each round, that would probably help a lot with some of the guns' limited ammo caps.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
FFFFFFFfffffffffffinally got Manor Suicidal. Had to join some Russian server where they were holding the top of the stairs behind the pool/darts room. Was actually pretty easy as they were coordinated enough to focus down the heavys quickly and everything else came in piecemeal from the various doorways. I was never an achievement whore before KF, but something about it brings out the completionist in me.

And my new favorite Hans strat as demo is to hang back with my C4 until he grabs someone, then run up and start sticking bombs all over him. Play keepaway with the occasional rocket until the rest of the team gets him to his 3rd phase, then whip out the detonator and start lighting him up. BOOM oneonethousand twoonethousand threeonethousand BOOM.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

I have some rhetorical questions about this game.

1. Why is it fun to pay for ammo? I am supposed to shoot things. I am already penalized for using ammo when I miss things, because then I don't have ammo. It's not like you're giving me shitloads.

2. Why is it fun to use pistols on any character that is not a handgunner by design? No one played or invested in any class because they wanted to figure out the handgun meta.

3. Why is almost every leveling choice Actual Good Choice / Idiot Garbage for Babbies?

4. Why is welding hilariously useless? It's not even worth the XP.

5. How is it that the demolitions guy is not the best at killing bosses? Good god, it's a bazooka.

Make this game more about killing zombies and creating fortifications and less about guessing/learning whatever the devs meant the meta to be.

That being said, yes this is the most complete Early Access game I've ever seen.

Welding is pretty nasty broken right now, the zed teleport they turned on completely nullifies one of its biggest utilities (welding poo poo and running away to get some distance) and all the debuffs to prevent players from actually holding a door removes any other usefulness welding a door could have. They either need to a) un-gently caress zed teleport, which they need to do anyway b) make doors respawn and/or c) make it so a high level Support can hold a door against at least 4 or 5 zeds. The penalty of effectively losing a high-level shotgunner should be balance enough to trade for 'permanent' doors.

I just miss hearing the 'am weldin dis doah' speech clip all the time :(

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Got my first HoE win this afternoon. Turns out with at least 3 zerks (with Smash) and 2 medics you can pretty effectively box Hans in place and with a little luck facetank him all 3 phases. He spends half the time stumbling around or falling down. It's kinda like the old chainsaw strat for the Patriarch, but 3 times in a row.

One mechanic I'm noticing still needs some love is the perma-rage for Scrakes and FPs if they're in the last few zeds of a wave. There are only a few classes that can handle that, for everyone else it's pretty much death. There should be some way to calm them down so smart players at least have a fighting chance (the door welding trick from KF1 or similar).

vvv Like whenever there's a decap have zedtime apply just to the fluids? :getin:

Takes No Damage fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Nov 6, 2015

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Alteisen posted:

auto enrage when last left is such a great mechanic

Actually it is a dumb mechanic that is bad and dumb h2h.

Seriously it feels like the zed teleport thing, trying to fix a legit problem with a sledgehammer instead of a screwdriver. I'm guessing they wanted to curb the common KF1 practice of 'saving' Scrakes/FPs until the end of a wave and focusing them down one at a time, but auto-perma-rage just punishes survivors of close games. Some of the most exciting times are when everything goes to poo poo and the team scatters and the surviving 2 or 3 members limp back together after the chaos. Now unless at least one of the survivors is Parry McSmash the lv20+ Berserker you've pretty much got no chance.

Medic is the only other class with the speed to even hope to stay ahead of them, and then you're just forcing the long drawn-out death by attrition kitefest that TW was supposedly trying to prevent in the first place. I'm not sure a 'welp that's long enough, just kill the remaining players' mechanic is really the way to go :(

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Alteisen posted:

I keep forgetting sarcasm doesn't come across well on the net.

Obviously not, since mine was a sarcastic reply to your sarcastic comment :haw:

sushibandit posted:

How is nobody talking about the kf-farm looking map shown in that video?

I did notice that it seems to be another new map, and Farm 2.0 would make sense. Secretly I hope it's the hillbilly town from that KF1 special event and that we're going to start seeing themed zeds sooner rather than later...

ninja: or at least introduce a new player character along with gunslinger and make him a hillbilly, just rerecord all the zed lines from that map.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Since I've got Firebug and Demo up to the level of the first 4 classes I've been cycling through them all again, leveling up each one once then moving on to the next in the list. I recently got both Commando and Support to lv20 and was messing around with my perk loadouts.

For Commando I actually took Backup over mag size to help compensate for the lower ammo limits, taking dual 9mm as a poor man's SMG. This meant I was reloading my guns ALL THE TIME so I also picked up Tac Reload to help mitigate downtime. Took Callout for lv15 and I'm going back and forth if I want +20% damage for single shot or burst/auto for my lv20. I guess it's a split if I want to use Varmit/AK or Bullpup/SCAR for full vs mashing LMB all the time.

On the Support front I switched from Supplier over to extra ammo because holy poo poo I was using my pistol with like 150 zeds left last night :( I was anticipating taking the +10% damage at lv20 but with the weight increase now I can carry 3 guns which goes a long way towards alleviating the ammo starvation. That and dropping another 2 shells into the Combat Shotty makes it a lot more attractive than previously. I think I'm gonna experiment with just picking up the first 3 class guns and counting on 8 CS shots and a DBS blast being comparable to an AA12 magdump. And anyways even on single-shot and extra ammo I was out of AA12 shells in minutes. I'd be interested in seeing them buff the grenade damage even further so I can save those up for FPs/Scrakes without feeling like I need to be able to empty an entire AA12 barrel to contribute to the team.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
You bring a valid point to the table, it's probably not necessary to take +ammo AND +weight for a 3rd gun. Supplier it is, also TW please unfuck this perk so it refreshes on wave start not wave end :argh:

Losing quick reload is going to sting though, the game glitched when I hit lv20 and it deactivated all of my perks so all of a sudden I was reloading normally in the middle of a wave and it was horrible. I did get my poo poo pushed in by Scrakes and FPs all last night so having a FUCKOFF card I can pull out for them is very attractive... Hey TW make this perk like Smash and actually put heavy zeds on the ground, that is super useful for Berzerker and really elevates the class to be able to handle the heavys so much better. By contrast just causing a zed to stumble is so quick it hardly seems worth it half the time. Of course when they're actively rushing you every little bit helps.

vvvv Not even just this thread but the entire forums? That Fucker!!

Takes No Damage fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Nov 12, 2015

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
If anyone's missed messing about in crazy mod servers where everyone is level 183 and the spawn limits are disabled, I found what appears to be a decent one called SheepKF: 108.28.6.95:7777 & 108.28.6.95:7779

Every time you level you get 15 perk points that you can spend on a bunch of different attributes like more health, armor, ammo, faster movement or reload, bigger clips etc. Some real RPG poo poo. The custom interface is a little janky but the server rules seem to forbid outright trolling so it might be nice for a change of pace.

Seeing a damage number pop up for each individual shotgun pellet that hits a zed will never not be funny to me.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Theta Zero posted:

Also double post but in this webm they posted.

http://media.tripwirecdn.com/111315/m1856.webm

There's a puppet sitting in the rafters.

Maybe they're giving us something more interesting to hunt for cheevos than generic dosh medals, something more appropriate to each map type? Make it so TW.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
How will the Pat deal with close-quarters Zweihander spam?

EVERYTHING IS SO SIMPLE WHEN YOU HAVE A FLAMETHROWER FOR AN ARM

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
How do you sell drops? I don't see my yellow bandana in my Steam inventory, or any way to market it in-game...

Also TW please move the flashlight source up and to the left/right so it looks like it's actually on our shoulders now and not strapped to the middle of our faces. One of the Brutal Doom mods does this and it adds a surprisingly immersive feeling for how simple a change it is.

If you want to troll your own forums you could even make it so the character has to actually reach over to turn it on and off, interrupting firing their weapons for a brief moment. The pubbie tears, I can imagine them now :getin:

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Broose posted:

It should be in your inventory under killing floor 2. Mine was. Then I had to log in to my steam email to finalize it.

Pffffffffffft thanks, the only other other game with marketable items I have is TF2 and I haven't touched that in years, I didn't remember that it creates a new tab for each game.

I'm about to get an internet upgrade, if TW ever releases the server software for Linux I could probably stand up a simple one on a spare Lubuntu box and leave it in the corner or something. I'll keep an eye on things.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Theta Zero posted:

Nope. It's straight up just explosive resistance. Just a general 30% damage reduction would make Demo too useful.

ftfy :v:

I bet the 9mm sound is more realistic and we're all just used to exaggerated Hollywood style gun action where every pistol sounds like a .500 and shotguns throw grown men across the room. Which is exactly how KF should be.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Did one of the hotfixes change anything with the netcode? I can't play the game at all because of crazy lag jumping, even though my ping is showing under 100. It seemed fine a few days ago, now this is happening across multiple servers. I tried turning off FLEX and reflections but there was no change, and it doesn't happen in local solo games. I just wanted to shoot stuff with mah pistalz :(

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Abandoned Toaster posted:

Plus if you just started playing again like this weekend there's also the free weekend issue so you might be playing with other people who don't know what they're doing.

This is probably it. Hard isn't usually very... hard, but last night I wiped almost all of the games I played with my lv5-6 GS. Buncha free weekend noobs who don't know the game/classes yet. I am getting more comfortable with the GS weapons though, I've found that with even a single .500 I can just steadily plink at things' heads and not run into ammo issues too much, and just keep a pair of deagles on hand whenever something gets too close to me.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I was disappointed with how Quick Draw worked, I was expecting it to simply speed up pistol switching in general. I didn't realize the tooltip meant that it would switch guns whenever they ran dry even with more ammo left. Basically it makes reloading mandatory manual, and if you click one time too many welp you're switching weapons now. I don't see how you're expected to keep your guns loaded without constantly switching back and forth reloading all the time.

I think it would actually be useful if it just affected weapon switch speed and left the reload mechanics alone. Or am I simply being too click-happy and need to slow down and more deliberately fire at heads? I was planning on taking the 20% global damage at lv10 because (I assume) that would stack with a headshot bonus, but you still get a bit of help when you miss or try to magdump into a FP's glowy chest thing.

I also keep going back and forth if I want dualies or single guns. I'm thinking I'll try splitting the difference, getting a single 500 and deagle for precision damage and doubling up on 1911s and 9mms for dumping into trash.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Theta Zero posted:

You just need to adjust. Quick Draw is a great skill because it lets you basically magdump incredibly fast on top of swapping your guns quickly to adjust to certain situations. You can also reload cancel by switching to and back to the weapon you're reloading, which is great seeing as Gunslinger has massive reload times.

On the matter of dual wielding, if you're not using dualies then you're not playing optimally. That doesn't mean you're being useless, it's mostly a matter of preference, but you can't do emergency mag dumps with just a single gun.

Hm maybe. I get the feeling like either I need to play with single guns and pop heads like SS or go dualies and use the extra rounds to play like a Commando Jr. Guess I need to work on switching back and forth as the situation dictates. Man GS is way more complicated than any of the other classes so far, kinda wish they all had multiple playstyle options like this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

If that is where you hold one gun up towards the center of the screen like they did when dual 9mm first got patched in.......... :aaa: