Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Yeah but the best part about him won't be in KF2 sadly. Using the Insult Players voice command to repeatedly make farting sounds

This is an egregious oversight. Wayne Rooney's smarter than you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

wait does this come out at midnight or what

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

Well in that case I'll be left to wonder how different the Beta and EA release will actually be.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

I played KF 1 today for the first time since I got into the beta and it actually felt old. Kind of a bittersweet feeling.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

https://youtu.be/YJCkQnHBtPM

Some thousand+ hour veterans of KF1 play KF2 and reflect on changes and stuff

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

I love the standard pump action shotgun in KF1. I hate it in KF2. Every other shotgun is great though. Still wish Support could carry more grenades though

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

Oh no! Somebody made a map with all the weapons and enemy spawns literally called Testmap! Can we permaban this guy for loving hacking?

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

Will KF2 support server-side mods/mutators like the one that showed what country everyone was from in KF1? Or the ones that showed how much damage you were doing per hit?

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

6/64 :getin:

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

So if I had the beta installed and bought the DDE... I won't be able to play when I get home tonight from work?

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

Skoll posted:

Questioner, are you guys ever gonna put back in the killed by messages? And the lobbies should show server names imo.

These are pretty functional as it lets you know if a FP is still alive/creeping around somewhere at times.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

Are Listen servers not yet a thing?

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

Stormgale posted:

What is the point of the Eviscerator (the saw blade thing) it has low ammo, uses fuel to melee and can't block... it kind of seems worse as a berserker than packing a nail gun and the hammer.

You have to preserve ammo. The middle mouse melee strikes uses no ammo IIRC

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

So I guess using SAM to hack your achievements/perks will be pretty frowned upon, huh? Does that mean maps created for farming perks/practices will be blacklisted? Is Ganja Farm up yet?!

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

Did a 900mb+ patch just go live for anyone else?

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

Two things:

My game crashed due to that error. GTX 980.

2. The amount of Scrakes you have to fight, and their frequency back-to-back on Long games is ridiculous. Way way more than in KF1. It's kind of unfair. And it starts at like, Wave 6.

Other than that, GOTY.

Also no filter Full or filter Passworded options for servers at the server browser menu. KF1 had these.

Also: why can't you make a party from the server browser menu?

dorkasaurus_rex fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Apr 22, 2015

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

Alkydere posted:

There's a medic shotgun too! :v: To quote the pastor: "Deals out judgement AND healing!", also "Looks like a toy, kicks like a mule!"

So far it seems like the first 1-2 levels are the worst, but once you get them the classes start opening up (or at least not becoming a slog). Support sucked until I got the first level (it didn't help I kept getting separated from the rest of the pubby team and getting a total of 15 clots and other trash a round) but that shotgun penetration started to make it shine. Medic sucked at first as well and then I started moving faster and getting the armor bonus. Having +15 armor and +20 health at level five seriously makes up for lack of increased damage with the medic.

Also, I will never, ever get tired of the clot's power-walk. He just stomps towards the player going "Yeah, I graduated from clot school! I'm not a cyst, I'm not a slasher, I'm a loving clot! And I'm gonna tear you up! Oh...there went my head..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAmVimpdSIE

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

Questioner... Are you reading all the posts in this thread? Seems there's been since good feedback in this thread, was about to go register on TWI forums for the same reasons actually...

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

is it time for a new patch/new content yet

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

DreamShipWrecked posted:

PSA: ~Goon Squad~ is now on 10-wave hard difficulty.

173.199.89.138:7777
pw: lljk

That is all

I'm gonna join this in like, 30 minutes. I swear to god.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

DreamShipWrecked posted:

PSA: ~Goon Squad~ is now on 10-wave hard difficulty.

173.199.89.138:7777
pw: lljk

That is all

I'm on this server and nobody is around! Join up, people.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

Sometimes if you're too close to a Zed, the barrel will be kinda sticking through them and the pellets will fire from the gun but not connect with them. Kinda annoying when you're cornered/run right up on a Zed and too close for your bullets to connect.

Also, I kind of wish the regular shotgun had a bit more pellets or more of a spread. It feels more like a hunting rifle now, it's not very good to hip fire. I miss the KF1 vanilla pump action :cry:

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

There's no dual bindings in the keyboard controls.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

I also think the weapon switching takes a touch too long. It'd be especially great if I could switch to the syringe faster and if it had a larger hit box, so you could hit people with it from farther away. Anything to encourage non-medics to use it, really. Now that people are sprinting constantly, it's a bit harder to heal folks in the midst of a fire fight

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

Number one reason I miss Demo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UluoVyH3X7Q

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

Broose posted:

A miniature trophy system hat that targets crawlers and gibs them mid leap.

don't even ironically suggest a loving hat system

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

quote:

We have just pushed live a required update for Killing Floor 2 (client and servers) bringing it to builds 1006.

This update includes the following:

2 Server crash fixes
3 Client crash fixes

We are continuing to investigate and work on additional crash reports as they come in via the BugSplat reporting tool. Please make sure to send us as much detailed information about your system and crash using that tool.

Woop?

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

Is there a timeline for future updates? Love what's currently there but what was great about KF1, especially towards the end of the cycle, was how much content in terms of maps and weapons there was. Factoring in custom maps, it was hard for it to get old.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

From a server I was on the other day. If you're looking to understand why this boss is such a motherfucker, look no further. 6 man on Hard:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2M67aIEr2sE

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

I wish there was more ambient lighting off the bullet trails.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

Does a highly leveled Berserker benefit from using the Katana, though?

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

Was just playing on a 16 man server. Pure hilarity and insanity. Feels like the good old KF1 days :unsmith:

Now up to 20 with twitch stream: http://www.twitch.tv/dork_rex

Okay, the server is being kinda iffy, but here's a notable bug:

there's no progress bar when you download a map now (lol)

dorkasaurus_rex fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Apr 25, 2015

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

I just hope the next patch is imminent, massive, and adds a bunch of content

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

why can't anyone of the enemies moonwalk. tripwire is loving us again

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

Theta Zero posted:

Fleshpounds too. They can also make enemies start attacking each other if they live although I've only seen it happen twice.

Husks can also piss off their allies too.

I've seen enemies in front of a Husk duck out of the way so that he was able to fire at me.

It's loving cool.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

Fina posted:

I saw a Husk and FP get into a brawl after a friendly fire (:haw:) incident. The Husk won.

Also a new special ability should go to the Bloat: If it is up some stairs from a target it will just drop and roll all the way down, bowling over enemies and players alike. If they're up way higher they'll belly flop down into the ground and explode bile over everything.

I could've swore I've seen Gorefasts damage nearby enemies while swinging their swords around, it should happen more often and do more damage. Gorefasts don't give a gently caress.

My opinion re: Clot grab. Right now the game constantly re-centers your aim around the Clot that is grabbing you. It should swing the aim only toward the clot only once, but then simply make your aim sway around until the clot is killed. This would allow you to temporarily ignore the clot and fire at a more dangerous target but it will throw your aim off.

Maybe like an option to "flick" to it with your mouse, and THEN have the game do the autospin for you?

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

Will there ever be stat tracking or anything of that sort?

Or the ability to favorite a server without going to the server browser? Or perhaps an in-game server browser as well?

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

A pretty helpful post from the Tripwire forums:

quote:

1st.
All Medic Guns Make a Ping sound when they spot an injured target.

The Ping sound indicates that you have locked onto an injured target and should you shoot at them, the dart will be homing, which means that you can shoot it in a wicked arc and it connects as long as you do not break the lock.

2nd.
Melee Bash (Guns) will punt Scrakes and Fleshpounds back into a stumble just like a succesful parry. EVEN if they are raging. (Tested it out and even if FP is red with hate, he will stumble) So if you see a FP or a Scrake going for someone, go Bash it. (Don't stick too close afterwards though)

However there are certain attacks that won't be cancelled by the bash and they will ignore subsequent bashes for a duration, so time those bashes right!
(Credit to Nenjin)

Saw blades fired from the Eviscerator will stumble Scrakes as well if you land a headshot.
(Credit to Paronine)

3rd.
The Medic pistol has a weight of 1 and only costs 200 dosh. Always buy one, no matter your perk, so that you can heal teammates from a distance.
(Credit to Paronine)

4th.
Munk's Berzerker Tips
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkQs...ure=youtu.be&a
(Credit to Munk & RTMelissa)

5th.
Support & Commando Grenades do immense damage on Fleshpounds just like in KF1 try to reserve those after wave 4/6 (normal/long) This is because both of them deal explosive damage. (Note that Support's grenades have much smaller radius and also release fragments, so these may not be as efficient as Commando grenades.)
(Credit to kliziflip15)

6th.
Scrakes aka big chainsaw guys, (Quick call Sc/Scr) rage after their health drops below a certain threshold and they will rage on forever unlike Fleshpounds. Scrakes gain a massive speed boost during their rages and will outrun any class in the game. Do not shoot at them unless you have the time to finish them off.

Fleshpounds aka big yellow/red guys, (Quick call FP) rage at random periods of not being in combat and if dealt significant damage in a short period of time. Fleshpounds gain an immense speedboost and damage boost during their short rages as well as the ability to mow over lesser zeds.
Unlike Scrake, Fleshpounds will stop raging after a short period of time or when they attack something. And for this reason Fleshpounds can be kited much more reliably than Scrakes by welding doors and forcing them to bash them.

Both the Scrake and the Fleshpound can have their rage cancelled for a short period of time by Berzerkers EMP grenades, these grenades should also be spared for either of these after wave 4.
(Credit to Jovial)

7th.
Consider using the 9mm Handgun to conserve ammo (and thus money) on trash zeds on all difficulties. This will help you reach those Tier4 Weapons much faster.
(Credit to Trotskygrad)

8th.
Consider scavening the map for extra weapons/ammo/kevlar while the waves are close to ending. This is an easy way to get easy extra income as long as you can carry more weapons.

9th.
Armament skill (lvl 10) for Medic works with every tick of the Medic Grenade, Which means that each tick will repair 2% Armor, all the way up to 20% total (Armor Increasing stats/skills greatly benefit from this repair as the 2% is based around max armor instead of a solid 100 armor)
(Credit to TerraMaw)

10th.
As a Medic (or a Berzerker), try to tank Scrakes and Fleshpounds for your more squishy teammates. A Medic has large amounts of armor which means they can survive longer against bigger Zeds. (and Berzerkers have an inbuilt 5% damage resistance and can parry without losing any damage potential unlike other classes who need to swap to a knife for example.)
(Credit to rodrigoxm49 & Nenjin)

11th.
Consider healing others with the Syringe Tool whenever it's safe. Not only does it give a more potent healing than when healing yourself, but you'll also get money and medic experience. Your teammate might also heal you for the more potent amount when he sees what you did

Also this spreadsheet for mega spergs:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GDpg2mN1l_86U_RaDug0glFx8cZCuErwxZLiBKl9SyY/edit#gid=2068776317

dorkasaurus_rex fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Apr 27, 2015

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lq5LGiKPwE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

It'd be dope if people got XP from when folks re-supplied off their Supplier perk. I'm generally for anything that encourages or rewards players to take a more team-oriented approach.