Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Tripwire patch soon plz. Game owns but there's a lot of bugs/decisions that are becoming more and more glaring the longer they are left unpatched.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

Got Clot-Grabbed through a door. GG

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

The Hunting Shotgun owns. It owns a lot and it makes me happy for this game.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

Replace the Night-vision ability with an ability that lets you carry more grenades. TIA.

And/or let this be one of the abilities for Demo.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

Serious Frolicking posted:

Everyone needs to have a default melee weapon, but there is no reason to incentivize using it for berserker since they automatically start with an upgrade. Berserkers generally need the same stuff as everyone else- survivability and single/multi-target offense.

So then, what do berserkers need perk-wise?
-Attack damage, attack speed and movement speed are already covered by their passives. If any of those are insufficient, then the amount per level needs to be adjusted instead of using a perk.
-They clearly don't need night vision or more starting ammo. Higher max ammo is certainly an option, as it would be for absolutely any class that uses ammo.
-Staggering is only useful for berserkers while using the nailgun, because if they are in melee range of something they can't quickly kill they should be parrying instead of trying to stagger it with damage. Conversely, the ability to stagger things with bullets is highly desirable for other classes, but I don't believe any of them get perks to that effect.
-The most obvious thing would be a bonus to parrying of some sort. Parrying is an optional system, and if you use an eviscerator you obviously don't parry. So, a choice between parrying and something that would benefit eviscerator use would be great.
-A choice between more siren and more bloat resistance would be a pretty good low-level perk, as well as incredibly easy to implement.
-Defense. Defense defense defense defense. Health, armor, damage resistance, I don't care. Berserker is too squishy.

Any other ideas?

The knife should be bigger and better in general. It is never ever worth using.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

I think the lack of a weapon that weighs 2 is pretty egregious at the moment. Maybe make the medic SMG weigh 2?

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

Do custom servers just not give XP now or what?

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

Questioner86 posted:

I'm preparing myself for a lot of flack here but I'll give you all the scoop. Paraphrasing myself here from elsewhere.

Yes, mutators aren't yet officially supported and there is no mutator white list. The custom servers that have been running up until this point aren't even really mutators, they're run through server actor commands in the admin tools and totally open to exploitation.

Since we have no way of knowing what the custom servers are doing (you might be running a mutator that makes clots give 1,000 XP each, for example) we're unranking custom servers for now. You're still welcome to play and have fun on whatever creation someone in the community comes up with, your progression just won't save.

There will be a more robust solution implemented once we start supporting mutators in the SDK. With the hacky way mutators are being run right now there's just no way to verify what they're doing and differentiate from Awesome Mutators That Are Lots Of Fun from Bullshit Servers That You Join And Instantly Gain 100 Levels (which would suck to join if you didn't know that was going to happen).

If anyone is familiar with how KF1 worked mutators were reviewed and ones that weren't detrimental to the play experience or exploitable got white listed and could be run on ranked servers. This could include everything up to an including custom game modes. We're pretty chill when it comes to custom game modes but this is one of the major potential security holes we closed with this patch and we'll try and get a better solution for mutators and custom code content as soon as we can.

This is begrudgingly understandable so long as the next patch to fix it is relatively soon

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

I think eventually people will figure out how to bait Husks into doing their suicide attack near a bunch of Scrakes and FPs and that will be a cool and awesome thing

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

buff welding imo

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

Two things: the hit detection is a bit wonky in a way that is beneficial to Zeds. You can be pretty far away from a given animation and still have it connect. Most notable examples are the Gorefast running swing and Scrake spinning attack.

Not getting XP is an active disincentive towards playing the cool new maps everyone is working on (or rather, porting from Goldeneye) but I guess it's for the greater good atm.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

Possible bug: can't spectate before spawning. It just spawns your spectate-self in the character select room and you can't escape. Maybe start spectating off the last character you were tracking, and give spectators some degree of no clip?

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

Does the bleed damage of that one perk stack with the poison effect of the medic grenades? What's the best DPS medic gun, the shotgun? Trying to pick up this class and unsure what the best scrake/FP tactics are

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

It's Monday. Where's our new patch? 😭

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

I definitely feel there was more strategy in how people went about killing FPs IN KF1 vs. now. I think they still rage a bit too easily and they're more scary because of their speed and health pool than their attacks and damage output.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

Hans is not fun to fight In My Humble Opinion

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

Slybo posted:

3 words:
Enemy Health Bars.

Maybe make it an unlockable perk. Or make it a secondary function for medical darts.
Shoot a Zed with a dart and his health bar becomes visible for limited time. What do you think of that?

Only thing that makes Commando good right here

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

The modding scene so far is p. neat:

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/forumdisplay.php?f=213

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

I dunno, guys. An extra medic grenade can be pretty clutch.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

Someone did a fabulous job remaking KF1 Biotics Lab:

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=108046

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

360 noscope taunt ZEDs is the reason bullet time exists

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

Critical parries should have a chance to activate Zed time

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

Questioner86 posted:

Preview of our first early access content update for KF2, Manor.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/232090/announcements/detail/231151632201345579

We know people are hungry for info on what we're working on so here's your first taste.

Thanks for keeping us in the loop and hearing us out! That map has a distinctly more KF1-looking vibe and the atmosphere looks fabulous. Way to keep the hype alive!

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

Alteisen posted:

I hope when do they do wipe stats we get like 3x exp or something for like a week.

To that point: will double XP weekends a la COD etc ever be a thing?

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

This game is starved as hell for new content :/

Krowley posted:

Is there a goon group for this game yet? KF1 was great and this looks nice as hell but pubbies ruin everything

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/KF2goons

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

Any eta/update on the new maps, or if new content will accompany it?

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

Unclean009 posted:

Adding new content for a game takes more than a couple weeks to complete. Please be patient. They just announced a new map this week.

With those mystery steam achievements I would say there's a chance of other content besides the new map in the next couple weeks but I wouldn't bet my money on it.

trip wire is loving us again

i honestly just want the lever action rifle again

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

where's the anime maps

perhaps it's time for the questioner to become...the questioned?

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

some inspiring words for my fellow KF fans in the long cold days of the Tripwire Content Wars:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WINDtlPXmmE

soldier on, brave ganja farmers

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

Don't be fooled by the Tripwire illuminati's parlor tricks! They've got all the content locked up on the dev server! I've seen it.

(seriously though, that level of communication is very helpful in a game that's as community oriented as KF1/KF2 and I think will pay off in spades)

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

New map is absolutely amazing. Incredible detail, great flow, really diverse and tense places to encounter and bottleneck Zeds. The medic nerfs are a bit TOO much though. I think not having the medic grenades stack at all is kind of horrible. If you drop all 5 of your grenades and your team still dies, that is really unsatisfying and kind of sucks and is unintuitive. Maybe they stacked too much in 1007, but they should still stack slightly IMHO. Making them not stack at all is no solution.

Looking forward to whatever new content comes down the pipe though! The two new characters alone have added at least another 30 hours of forthcoming fun for me.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

Questioner86 posted:

Given infinite time and money I know I'd LOVE to have a unique-but-totally-mechanically-identical sidearm for each perk. If nothing else but to see people argue because we didn't make their favorite hi-capacity 9mm pistol special snowflake enough in the game by giving it the ability to zoom in further and reload 20% faster because :bustem:

Is there a chance that medic grenades will stack again, albeit at a slower rate? I think they over-nerfed them in the current patch. Sometimes you just need to throw out all your medic nades at once, and careful usage of that SHOULD provide a higher heal/armor restoration rate than just having one nade out. It's also balanced by the existence of Sirens. Getting 5 nades at a time nuked by a Siren that would have otherwised completely healed your team and let them tank 2xFP is a pretty good risk/reward.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

Questioner86 posted:

Sadly, the limiting factor here isn't the lack of cool guns to choose from.

There's a lot of perk balance talk going on. We'll figure out something. I mean, it might not be something that makes you happy but I can say with absolute certainty that it will be something.

I'm hype for some E3 reveals. Same some rumblings on the official forums that the next mega-content update will be out around then. Witcher 3 has been tiding me over. It'll be nice to come back in a few weeks to big patch and hopefully *knocks on wood* a new class or two, as well as probably 100+ custom maps by that point.

Edit: at the same time, however:

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3348355/early-access-developers-can-learn-killing-floor-2/

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

Someone finally went and did the thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBAcuIJfL4s

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

YESSSSSSSSSSS FINALLY and there's an RPG too

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

why no release date though :(

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

I just want a release window :3

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

is it out yet

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

FAUXTON posted:

I got the hang of timing blocks as the berzerker and suddenly this game is way more fun. gently caress you, scrake.

Good job! It's about to be totally different.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

Quoting a TW employee from the official forums:

quote:

The update will not drop this month. We are still working on both perks and their weapons plus many system updates (and new features).

:cry: