Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
Grinding is awful in KF1 custom servers. The sheer amount of damage and health healed you have to get to level up when you're somewhat close to the server's cap is ridiculous. I know the servers want grinding so people come back, but I want to run around with cheaply-purchased turrets and machine guns, not having to grind for 10+ levels so they can become afforable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
Being able to choose perks for your class is a good idea, but the problem is that there are very obviously some choices that are better than others. Most of the perk tiers conists of a really good one, like Tac Reload, with a comedy :downs: option.

It doesn't help that most of the choices are just benefits from KF1's classes put into perk choices for some reason instead of really changing things up. The only perks that really stands out as fresh is Call Out and maybe the regen ones, which tells you about how uninspired most of the choices are.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
Even with a level up or two with Commando, you can barley see Stalkers far enough before they start kicking you or a buddy.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Require More Fire posted:

The mansion definitely feels like the biggest map so far. The basement in particular is really disorienting at first. I didn't even know it had an exit into the garden until I stumbled on it running around outside. I also love the way the mansion proper has kind of a old but foreboding feel to it and then once you end up in the basement it's all :catstare:

There's a room down there with charts and plans for Gorefasts, and a forge to make their arm blades. That's super neato.

I hope TWI adds more specimen origins to the maps. I thought the Stalker lab in KF1's KF-Wyre was pretty cool.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
Awesome. I was expecting them to hold off Demo until later for some reason. I can't wait to get my efficient crowd-control and FP-gibbing on as Demo.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Mr E posted:

Also I'm not sure if we already knew this but they're not going to reset stats from now on.

Thank god. Having a stat reset looming over put me off from playing. Didn't want the levels I put hours into suddenly being reset.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Alteisen posted:

Not really.

In Hard and below it was a bit OP, but in Suicidal and HoE it found it's role as a dedicated Scrake-murdering class that is able to occasionally help the trash-cleaning classes. They can still take down FPs, but it's a lot riskier than letting your Demo gib them before they start rushing.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Section Z posted:

I am however, expecting a lot of people who are awaiting the sharpshooter with baited breath to be very disappointed when they can't kill a 6 man HoE fleshpound in 3 seconds or less all by themselves.

All I want is a class that can easily take out Scrakes.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
I'm really hoping they eventually balance it so that the later half of a match isn't "go Support or die". Shotguns are really fun, but when at least half of the team has to go Support to stand a chance on anything higher than Normal in the second half (unless they have very good Medics), it gets annoying.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Skoll posted:

Get better?

I play in pubs; it's a complete crapshoot if the team will be coordinated enough to take them down without being destroyed by trash. :v:

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Section Z posted:

Joke answer: November, because nearly every other E3 release date is November right? :downs:

If the world ran on an even schedule instead of reality where poo poo takes different amounts of time, we'd be expecting two new perks every other month. Demo/Firebug in July/august, Two more in Sept/Oct, and the last two perks in Nov/Dec just in time for 2015 to close.

But who knows when they will be able to finish such things up. I am hoping to play with gunslinger before October at least.

IIRC, their goal is to have the game done by the end of 2015.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Section Z posted:

Yeah, having all the perks implemented by Nov/Dec would be inside that goal. At least when it comes to the perks.

I wonder what else we are going to get by then? Maps, Perks, The other bosses and assorted fixes are a given.

I'm curious/hopeful alternate game modes or a few other goodies will make their appearance by 2016. Even if they might have their hands full with 6 more perks, their weapons, and the upcoming bosses/maps.

I think you might see another perk revamp or two, like with what they're doing with the Zerk behind the scenes. Otherwise, I think their main focus is getting all of the perks out the door.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Alteisen posted:

Gonna say August.

I'm pretty sure they've been hinting it's not coming out this month in their weekly updates.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
Fighting Hans can be annoying, but god I love his voice. He has so much personality it makes fighting him more enjoyable.

Plus, I love Evil Nazi Mad Scientists thanks to Wolfenstien. :v:

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Holy poo poo.

I hope the RPG-7 has some real bite in this game. I want a single rocket to completely gently caress a Fleshpound up and turn a large group into mush with one shot. Make it the weapon the LAW was supposed to be.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Dud rocket to the grabber's face and fuckers on the other side get blown away. :clint:

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
After playing KF2 for a bit, I've come to realize that Hans is pretty drat easy once you know his tricks. As long as you have good cover and some Supports, he's a piece of cake. Buying multiple AA-12s also makes things easier. The only times I've wiped to him recently is most because of the team picking bad locations to fight him, like Bioticslab's lobby.

Though, I wish people would stop playing as Commando during Hans. AA-12ing him is so much more useful than plinking him with the SCAR. :argh:

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Martout posted:

4 pubbies out of 5 didn't know to not shoot Hans when he's invulnerable in my last game. Is it still april?

If you're in Normal, that occasionally happens.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Ravenfood posted:

On the other hand, getting a really robust system in place that works can mean that later updates are all tweaking numbers rather than requiring multiple huge overhauls of the system. I don't do any kind of development, so I'm really just talking about of my rear end here. Feedback's good. Putting a system in place that breaks whenever you add a new class/feature/weapon/whatever means you're spending a lot of time re-doing everything.

It seems to me they're setting up a lot of systems behind the scenes, like how they're completely redoing melee.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

az posted:

shut up magres

You better be ready to write a 500-word essay apologizing for being mean to Magres, or else you won't be able to post in this thread anymore.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
If you want to spice things up while waiting for the patch, here's a fun little challenge: See how long a pub can last in Hard with two or more Zerks on the team, preferably with low-level Zerks. :v:

My record is Wave 10 in KF-VolterManor.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
I'm not all that impressed with the new skills for Demo. I can see making some fun gimmick builds with it, but most of them seem only moderatly useful long-term. The only must-have skills seem to be the explosive resistance and off-perk damage increase ones.

Ammo increasing when you level up sounds very, very useful, however.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
I love how zeds make an :O face when you chop off their heads.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
I don't mind as long as I don't have the achievement they're going for. :v:

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
People raging over KF2's update speed is funny because they act like their entire life is supposed to revolve a single game. I love KF2, but I'm not going apeshit over the slow content releases because I have a lot more things to do and play while waiting for the update, along with occasionally booting KF2 up and blasting some Zeds.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Theta Zero posted:

Based on what I've heard people complain about, they feel like they were cheated out of the $30 they spent on the game. Which is still silly because it's not actually released yet anyways.

If this were a full game, I'd feel cheated, but it's an EA game and Tripwire is clearly showing that they're working on finishing the game with their weekly updates. They could go faster, but I'm not pissed because there's so many other things I can do while waiting for KF2 to be finished.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

It's like the Expander from Duke Nukem 3D, but this time it doesn't suck.

Also, the new perk reworking looks nice. It seems you actually have to make some choices as Commando this time around.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Gestalt Intellect posted:

just like the lads from the falklands

Reverend Alberts is one of my favorite characters. I love it when he tries to act like like some sort of macho soldier guy by saying things like "It's time for some, "spray and pray", lads". It's like a grandpa desperatly trying to be cool and with it, but he does a horrible job at it.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Nilisco posted:

Anyone have luck getting a refund on this? I tried but had around 15 hours played and steam told me to go gently caress myself. Will tripwire refund?

still blows my mind they billed this as "greenlight done right"

Suck it up.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
Man, Commandos are so underappreciated. You kill all of the trash, take out Crawlers and Stalkers so the team can move around easily, use Callout to help the team deal with Stalkers, and headshot Sirens and Husks so that your Support don't get a nasty surprise when fighting Scrakes and Fleshpounds, but nobody notices how useful you really are. :smith:

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Skoll posted:

A lot of the Commando vs Support poo poo is probably hold overs from KF 1. I will say though that I see a LOT of bad Commandos. I assume it's probably because it's because of the automatic weapons and pubs/newbs will gravitate towards dakka.

I really hope some of the older Commando weapons make it back though. I particularly enjoyed using the M4. I wouldn't mind the FAL back either unless they kept the stupid loving scope on it.

When it come to killing a lot of dudes, I find that Support is better in tight areas, like KF-Bioticslab and the chokepoints in KF-Outpost, but Commando is better for ranged work, like picking off enemies coming from the Eiffel Tower bridge in KF-BurningParis.

Commandos are better for killing enemies before they get too close, while Support is there for when huge group is coming out of a spawn point and you need them dead NOW. Basically, Commando is to prevent large groups of trash forming, but Support is your panic button.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Revolver Bunker posted:

Sharpshooter will probably have weapons that control their rate of fire. Such as bolt action rifles and crossbows. They hit hard but not often as oppose to Commandos that will hit often and not as hard. I'm very interested in what the Gunslinger will have as far as skills and weapons. Right now in KF2 the medic I feel is the most under appreciated in pubbie games. Most players just assume that if there's a medic around that they can wade into whatever enemies they find and they'll be kept alive. I've been playing almost exclusively medic and more often then not I'll spend the whole map healing everyone up and never getting healed by anyone else.

Edit: Looks like Tripwire is going to be at PAX Prime and there's a panel on Saturday around noon.

I'm interesting in how Sharp is going to handle when it comes to trash since they don't have pistols this time. Will they have a speical weapon that lets them deal with any trash that gets too close, or are they dependent on onther classes or their weapons for trash removal?

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
I really need to be more diligant about getting a Medic PIstol before Hans when playing as anyone but Medic so I can heal Medics up. It's really useful.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
I try to pick one up as Support to kill one or two dudes, but I get so caught up in saving cash for the AA-12 that I forget about it until the match is almost done or right before Hans. :v:

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

The Crooked Warden posted:

Haven't touched this since the first month after launch. Have they added new guns and/or made the skill trees not horrible boring garbage yet?

They're working on a huge patch that's going to add Firebug and Demolitions back along with appropriate weapons for them, re-do both the Berserker and the melee system, modify the Commando's skill trees, and bring in two new maps.

Demo skill tree: http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=111268

Firebug skill tree: http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=111132

Some Firebug and Demo weapons: http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=110445

Re-done Zerk: http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=110738

Commando skill tree changes and Firebug's tier 4 weapon in action: http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=111394

Melee changes: http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=110055

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
Preview for the update is out: http://www.destructoid.com/killing-floor-2-s-incinerate-n-detonate-update-feels-drat-good-307087.phtml

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

"Ugh, now someone will have to play as him in order for me to use my optmized build. loving P2W."

:twforumssay:

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

SpaceCommie posted:

Found a server with 6 firebugs :dance:

It begins. :unsmigghh:

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
It seems to me that, as a perk, Demo isn't useful until you really put some levels into it. The Demo's wepaons are powerful enough that the damage boosts he get from the perk at early levels feel like they barely do anything, and most of the other bonuses, including useful skills, don't kick in until you get quite a few levels in.

I've found that Demo wepaons are great for medics. I packed an RPG-7 as a Medic with a Medic Pistol and SMG and did some serious damage. Keep the Medic weapons out for most of the time, but if you see a big horde coming it, take out the RPG-7 and gib 'em.

Also, Demo's weapon's are so loving cool in this game. The RPG-7 feels extremely powerful; like you dropped a mini-nuke on your enemies. The Dynamite is basically the Commando's HE Grenade on steroids.

closeted republican fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Aug 26, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
Spent some time as Support in the beta. My thoughts:

Pump Shotty and Double Barrel: The ammo nerfs really hurts these weapons. You seriously have to watch your shots now because of how little ammo you have. The ammo nerf hurts the Pump Shotty more it doesn't have the damage output to compensate for the decreased ammo, unlike the Double Barrel. It also means you barely have any ammo for the Pump Shotgun for the first wave, making it almost useless there.

M4: Much better. This thing can lay down some serious hurt and reload almost as fast as the Pump Shotgun does. I still prefer the AA-12 overall, but the M4 is a good purchase now, especially since the AA-12 costs more. You can grab this and carve through groups while saving up money for the AA-12. It's what the M4 should've been at the start; a much better Pump Shotgun.